• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning it's off to the farm and continue with harvest 2022, we are down to the last 27% to go but the days are getting shorter and the Fog and high humidity since Friday haven't helped. Saturday or Sunday I forget around 9 PM it went to 95% and even swaths weren't going through. Canola starts to make the whole combine shake and then you know you are done when 1.6 mph is all you can take. Yea you because if you push it and plug you have to work the next hour.

So Trudeau gave another 100 mill to WEF to create a digital ID. What a slimy ****er. Raise your hand who was thinking about the Bungie rope the other day? Really be honest I was.

Ok here is the crop report.

The smaller guys are getting done and a few BTO are going to wrap it up by Sunday but if your going with 10 or 16 combines yea it's possible.

Our area is at about 73% done and it's due to bigger crops seeded late and they all made it because the killing frost was finally last night.

This killing frost will actually help speed up the flax and the later Canola that is taking forever to dry down.

The wheat harvest is almost all done. We have 5 quarters of late wheat seeded on the 6th of June to harvest and that's probably the last fields. We split the two drills up and one starts Canola and the other finish the wheat well this year we had no chance because the rain kept coming right till the 25th of May and then gave a two-week grace period before it came back in June. The total for the year is 16 in down to over a Ft.
    Yields are really good but still variable between fields.

Oats harvest is ongoing the early is done the later seeded is happening now. Yields really good. Some saying the highest ever.

Barley is all but done and yields were good but the fields that twisted from rains and lodged didn't fill like they could of and were basically the same as the thinner ones standing.

Peas and lentils are all done and fields harrowed or like we do work end to end with Mandako or kelly.

Canary is almost all done and is one of the later crops to be harvested in our area.

Flax has been shut down but the frost should help speed that process now and in a week most will be off.

Canola is a struggle with the fog and high humidity it makes for short days when you can't get going till 1 and at 8 you are done. Yields are good to great to awesome but it depends on rain and if they ever suffered the ones that didn't are doing really well. Standing has taken about three weeks to be 100% ready to go.

Guys still doing baling and hauling cattle home, pastures are ready for a break.

So for most of now, it's fall harrowing all fields and working low areas as most of the water is gone in shallow low areas. Sept was our driest month

I love harvest pressure it's such a joke. No its pressure on producers to buy and since they don't have the cash they need to sell to pay for overpriced inputs and the circle of life continues.

Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your fall if you are done congratulations, but SASK AG Lots of acres still need to be harvested and these are the big yielding crops now.

some photos from the past week.

Comment

Comment

Pretty hard frost, question is will it go through like shit through a goose today or will it take a few days? I guess ill find out in a few hours.

Comment

SF3, 27% sounds like a lot of October combining!!! Yikes

Wishing you the best of weather, maybe you can get another half dozen headers in your fields to get wrapped up? This time of year, the weather can change quickly, and without much warning.

Comment

2022. The miracle year.

Nearly the entire crop seeded in June.

A great crop. Yield wise and quality wise.

Nearly the entire crop harvested by the end of September. I would think the area is 99% done.

It’s been a once in a lifetime year. Just a very few fields left to go, all canola.

A big bullet was dodged in this area, that’s for certain.

Minus six last night. Time to haul bales. Starting to feed out on pasture.

Anyone in need of a new farm dog? Our girl had pups a couple days ago. Maremma. They are an awesome breed for a farm. Big, gorgeous, softie teddy bears, yet protective and imposing.

Comment

Guys have the biggest combines on the market and slogging through canola at 1.8 mph this yr. We are damn lucky we didnt get a frost 2 weeks ago or a big rain event which usually happens.
              Last edited by jazz; Oct 6, 2022, 08:50.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Guys have the biggest combines on the market and slogging through canola at 1.8 mph this yr. We are damn lucky we didnt get a frost 2 weeks ago or a big rain event which usually happens.
                Exactly. Driest september I remember. Only two rains. Only an inch and half. Had this been a typical fall, it would have been disastrous.

Comment

Blowing down fall fert..

Comment

An Update on our X9s.

Once a serial number is invoiced i can track them on the JD Opp centre.

So far.

1 of the X9s is at Portage right now.

Number 2 is still sitting in Moline.

Number 3 has no serial number yet.

Headers

Numbers 1 and 2 are sitting in Yorkton on Blocks but getting ready.

Number 3 is still MIA.

If I got bumped so that some of the BTOs can get theirs, well glad you got yours now complaining on facebook about how it's working. Go back to Red or Green or whatever was promised you are just a number to Deere like all the rest of us. Im Deere to the core but its starting to piss me off.

Yes, New for 2023 will be ok but get your shit together.

Comment

Wait until you need all the extra parts to get it to perform!

My suggestion get mads installed at the dealer and get money back for your small wire concaves. They are garbage. Demo had the concaves plugged instantly. Or maybe they were plugged from get go. One pass and high rotor loss it was easy to see why.

Also ask about spreader deflector plates. Make sure you don’t have the one that windrows in tough conditions.

Add the grouser bar in the chopper.

Ask about covering the left side of the return so it don’t block off the left side of the chaffer. The mad concaves help with this also.

The list goes on and on. If I had his number handy I’d give you the expert following the ones in Alberta. He knows combines. The douche they have out of Regina, you may have been a mechanic, but you are no combine expert. You don’t have a sniff when it comes to setting a combine.

Maybe we keep the claas till they sort out their issues.
                      Last edited by Freightshaker; Oct 6, 2022, 09:55.

Comment

These next best things have these amounts of issues? And guys still pay to get them? What is the price tag? Curious as to why? Why the headache when you could use the older stuff just fine? I don’t get it.

Comment

Rippin some heavy clay low areas

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Those damn fine cut choppers 1 of the combines has one almost unusable until 2 in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Rippin some heavy clay low areas
                              You mean ticklin some furrows.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...