• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    An Update on our X9s.

Once a serial number is invoiced i can track them on the JD Opp centre.

So far.

1 of the X9s is at Portage right now.

Number 2 is still sitting in Moline.

Number 3 has no serial number yet.

Headers

Numbers 1 and 2 are sitting in Yorkton on Blocks but getting ready.

Number 3 is still MIA.

If I got bumped so that some of the BTOs can get theirs, well glad you got yours now complaining on facebook about how it's working. Go back to Red or Green or whatever was promised you are just a number to Deere like all the rest of us. Im Deere to the core but its starting to piss me off.

Yes, New for 2023 will be ok but get your shit together.
    easy there SF3, mother deere hears all

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      You mean ticklin some furrows.
      That deep you’ll be ticklin something alright….

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        These next best things have these amounts of issues? And guys still pay to get them? What is the price tag? Curious as to why? Why the headache when you could use the older stuff just fine? I don’t get it.
        If we're in the bushel business, sooner or later we have to stay reasonably current. Long list of very real reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          If we're in the bushel business, sooner or later we have to stay reasonably current. Long list of very real reasons.
          Yup. That’s why I ask. Why not later than sooner? I can still grow as many bushels per acre with ancient machinery as the next guy is what I’m saying. I know what you’re saying. But it doesn’t really answer my question.

Comment

Yup. That’s why I ask. Why not later than sooner? I can still grow as many bushels per acre with ancient machinery as the next guy is what I’m saying. I know what you’re saying. But it doesn’t really answer my question.
            PRIDE
            That…
            New Shiny paint has a hypnotic Addictive quality… hard to get over the smell of that new upholstery… and paint…

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
              PRIDE
              That…
              New Shiny paint has a hypnotic Addictive quality… hard to get over the smell of that new upholstery… and paint…
              Green paint has crystal meth in it.

Comment

i have a few green ones that are almost a 100 years old and still run. just saying

Mad convaves will be in Deere convaves suck

wheats fun today three wheat then it’s canola

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  PRIDE
                  That…
                  I don’t know the odor, so I can’t say. Sounds like a drug. Dangerous to try? Might get addicted?

Comment

Gotcha Sheep.
                    I spent more on operator wages and repairs on old combines than the payment on one big newer one.
                    Now, I will never again have a paid for combine. But I get the modern benefits. Trash management, capacity, gps and grain in the bin. Along with parts in stock and techs who are current.
                    Notice I said newer not new.
                    I'll take 2-400 hr machines that have sat on a lot too long and run them to just under 1000. So currently running a 2017 got last year, and will have it for 2 more years.
                    But. If it wasn't my only living, I'd be happy with old ones. 9600JD comes to mind. Crazy hours on some of those things.

Comment

These next best things have these amounts of issues? And guys still pay to get them? What is the price tag? Curious as to why? Why the headache when you could use the older stuff just fine? I don’t get it.
                      I don't farm with the latest models, but I do realize that if it wasn't for other farmers buying new equipment there wouldn't be real good used ones for sale for me to buy.

So, I have no problem that other farmers who want to buy new, many have worked hard to where they have gotten. There are countless reasons why farmers upgrade, good for them if they can or want to buy new.

How would you have the equipment you have Sheep if other farmers never upgraded equipment?
                      Last edited by foragefarmer; Oct 6, 2022, 22:34.

Comment

My specific original question was regarding the massive troubles some new machinery seems to be having. I simply asked why pursue machinery that is full of glitches for xxxxxx dollars when there are other options out there. I think my entire thrust was misunderstood to an extent.

Thanks to the folks who buy newer stuff. No question.

Comment

I don’t know the odor, so I can’t say. Sounds like a drug. Dangerous to try? Might get addicted?
                          Smells like money, but a mouse will take care of that.

100% immediate depreciation, if needed and used, sounds enticing, but that incentive will claw back on the next upgrade. What the H. Live for today.

Have not looked up if that is true. Tells you how machine current I am.

Comment

Sheep.
                            $/hr of use.
                            Once at a certain level you're flipping at a particular hour amount.
                            What did the flip cost? Bought 800 hrs my last one for $190/hr. Held on any longer that number was going up.
                            So if you're at the new level, you trust dealer support. New tech is fun and sometimes profitable. You seldom grease, never change much oil. Just drive. Like going to the office every morning. No coveralls.
                            I can't afford new new, but my business needs near new.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                              Sheep.
                              $/hr of use.
                              Once at a certain level you're flipping at a particular hour amount.
                              What did the flip cost? Bought 800 hrs my last one for $190/hr. Held on any longer that number was going up.
                              So if you're at the new level, you trust dealer support. New tech is fun and sometimes profitable. You seldom grease, never change much oil. Just drive. Like going to the office every morning. No coveralls.
                              I can't afford new new, but my business needs near new.
                              I’m very odd. I admit it all day long. I still like steering, and one of my favorite things is walking around the machinery before starting the day, oiling and greasing. Then digging in the soil for a bit, on my knees in my coveralls. Lol.

But I will say, no wonder at these now long term, historically beautiful grain prices, the margins are still too low. At least on forums that’s what is said. On another forum guys claim they need 6 dollar oats to make a profit? Just wow.

I would clean house with six dollar oats. Even with these stupid high cash inputs. I guess I’m not paying 120 for rent and who knows what for hired labor and through the roof machinery costs.

As I say, believe me, I’m odd. I don’t fit. I have zero in common with my neighbors whatsoever, which is frustrating at times, because they’re all chasing dollars, and I feel like I’m enjoying life and chasing bees, or digging garlic, or feeding the sheep.

This year, I used my thousand dollar baler and my cost was twine and a couple of lacing pins. Grease and oil of course. Whoops, I forgot, I took out an offset link out of a slightly stretched chain.
                              Last edited by Sheepwheat; Oct 7, 2022, 10:52.

Comment

Sheep, I've said before I'm a little jealous. Able to beat inflation, (retain earnings for growth) and feed the family well. You have low costs and good stable margins. You are living the dream, enjoy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...