• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Hummer 4 day charge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EV Hummer 4 day charge

Full on clown world, watch chuck try to find some articles from yahoo news or some shit

Like I told you climate fools before, until service is upgraded to street level in every city, this is a failure. Now imagine ripping up millions of miles of street and side walk or running in poles to these neighbor hoods.

Stupidity

Click image for larger version

Name:	4d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	780305
    Last edited by jazz; Oct 5, 2022, 08:00.

And even better yet, if you are charging it using your own solar panels, as Chuck keeps insisting, then stretch that 4 days out to 8 days in the summer, and probably about a month in the winter.

Unless of course you are in the same boat as the average working stiff, and work all day, then stretch that out to almost eternity as you only charge for the brief period of daylight before or after the working day.

Comment

Towing with a lightning.

Comment

They’ll put a smart meter on your house so they can tax your charging accordingly. That would be “equitable” right Camilla?

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
          Towing with a lightning.
          Overpriced piece of junk will have to sit in a heated garage in the winter too. And cold weather range will be half its rating.

Woulndt dare leave a Canadian city with it in January.

Comment

I think every snowflake should leave the city in January in one.
            We wouldn't be in this mess if more cupcakes got out of the city.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              And even better yet, if you are charging it using your own solar panels, as Chuck keeps insisting, then stretch that 4 days out to 8 days in the summer, and probably about a month in the winter.

Unless of course you are in the same boat as the average working stiff, and work all day, then stretch that out to almost eternity as you only charge for the brief period of daylight before or after the working day.
              AB5 you need a little imagination. I did some research and I found a solar powered car charger built by a company called Electrek. For a cool $60000 USD you can purchase a solar powered charger equipped with a battery that allows you to get up to 235 miles(just under 400km)of chargeable range per day. Very affordable, just like everything in the green transition. Watch Trudeau buy thousands of these!🤪😬

Also keep in mind your chargeable range would be greatly reduced in the winter with far less daylight!
              Last edited by Hamloc; Oct 6, 2022, 07:38.

Comment

Overpriced pieces of junk?

Farm yards have their share of overbuilt, overpriced diesel trucks that are not very reliable, expensive to repair and that cost $80,000 plus.

What happened to the concept of a truck for utility without all the useless bells and whistles?

Pickup trucks have become a luxury vehicle and people who don't need them are buying them.

They are often lined up and idling at the city Tim Hortons to get a coffee and box of tim bits for breakfast. Or at the post office, or rink. What a great use of an expensive polluting fuel guzzling vehicle.

Is it because the only vehicle that accomodates the growing legion of oversized fat asses is an oversized pickup truck?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  Overpriced pieces of junk?

Farm yards have their share of overbuilt, overpriced diesel trucks that are not very reliable, expensive to repair and that cost $80,000 plus.

What happened to the concept of a truck for utility without all the useless bells and whistles?

Pickup trucks have become a luxury vehicle and people who don't need them are buying them.

They are often lined up and idling at the city Tim Hortons to get a coffee and box of tim bits for breakfast. Or at the post office, or rink. What a great use of an expensive polluting fuel guzzling vehicle.

Is it because the only vehicle that accomodates the growing legion of oversized fat asses is an oversized pickup truck?
                  Actually diesel trucks were very reliable before the government forced manufacturers to install Def injection systems. Early Cummins 5.9 12 valves ran forever and were very fuel efficient..

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Actually diesel trucks were very reliable before the government forced manufacturers to install Def injection systems. Early Cummins 5.9 12 valves ran forever and were very fuel efficient..
                    Have two 12v's in my shop. Have a couple 24v's as well one needs a vp44 fuel pump. But as much as l like Cummins, the LBZ Duramax is just more refined and nicer to daily drive. Starts in -20 below not plugged in, smoother, more power, ultra quick glow plugs, the Allison behind it a great tranny. Im holding onto my pre emissions trucks, I wont touch a recent model.

Comment

Ughh as much as i dont want to defend ol chucky.. seems as though he needs a few allies here...

Theres nothing wrong with evs. At all. Just like avadex... truflex canola... these things ( for example) are just another tool in our toolbox.
                      Im sure in 10 years the range of the avg electric car will be 800 miles and charging times will be reduced to minutes.. not hours.
                      I would love to build a huge array of solar panels for our farm and my home. Its a 0 brainer. I also cant pretend like im really making a difference in a carbon footprint by driving an electric F150 as the overall dollar AND carbon cost to build it is just as much as a dinosaur fueled monster truck.

My biggest question is; have we all just been hoodwinked into funnelling our money into something else?
                      In the 50s when the fertilizer plant outside of Redwater, AB was built they said they would figure out what to do with the gypsum pile being started north of the plant. Since then..the pile has extended 1 mile north and..i dont know...400 feet tall by a mile wide? They have 0 interest in figuring out what to do with slightly radioactive gypsum so they just keep piling...piling..

Point being. Industry doesnt care. Do you, chuckchuck, believe that we are headed down a different path when China..Musk..etc have bought up huge mines ( alot in 3rd world countries with 0 care about environmental sustainability or climate change) and just strip... and strip... and pile.. and pile?
                      What happens to the batteries in when they die? What happens to the mines when they stop producing? How about all the 90% other components of the tesla car itself? They are made up of what.. 95% petroleum based by products?

It seems like we are just moving our money.. and beliefs..from one evil.. to a future " hopefully" lesser evil.
                      As for the people who pile on climate change believers..greenies.hippies..etc..
                      Wouldnt it be nice if they were actually correct? And there was a better way forward?

Hopefully it will be here and we ARE actually on the right path..

Jamming it down our throats when clearly.. CLEARLY... its not a sustainable way AT THE PRESENT TIME... is probably not the best way to get things changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                        AB5 you need a little imagination. I did some research and I found a solar powered car charger built by a company called Electrek. For a cool $60000 USD you can purchase a solar powered charger equipped with a battery that allows you to get up to 235 miles(just under 400km)of chargeable range per day. Very affordable, just like everything in the green transition. Watch Trudeau buy thousands of these!🤪😬

Also keep in mind your chargeable range would be greatly reduced in the winter with far less daylight!
                        Or if you pulled something behind, heaven forbid
                        Be like in the early 90’s when chev couldn’t keep a tranny in trucks
                        Shop foreman said “you better not have been pulling with it”
                        I said “but, but , it’s a truck”

Comment

Good point Goalie Guy. But Chuck is still a dumbass.

Comment

Remember when they mandated the end of the standard filament type lightbulb and compact fluorescent was to be the solution. Luckily led was an emerging technology because cfl's were a horrible solution. They are loaded with mercury gas if one were to break in your house the procedure was wild. Evacuate the house, open all windows for 24h, full hazmat cleanup...... disposal of the bulbs was to happen in proper bins were the bulbs were often smashed. Anyways mercury is already persistent in our waterways and environment cfls should never been pushed. Leds were just around the corner anyways. The problem with EV's is lithium batteries. They just dont cut it, range needs to be 1000km plus, battery lifespan of 10yrs minimum, they need to be safer, they need to be cheaper without the difficult to source cobalt, rem's, nickel... I think a better alternative is just around the corner but the push is unessesary the motivation to find better battery tech is already there. A massive amount of infrastructure is being built around lithium, when the new battery tech comes out all that infrastructure will be in the garbage dump.
                            Last edited by biglentil; Oct 7, 2022, 05:50.

Comment

Most vehicle trips for the vast majority of consumers are suburban daily commutes where extended long range is not as important.

Rural residents are another market. Hybrid electrics and other low emission vehicles will work fine in these circumstances.

The assumption that range, batteries and EV technology to overcome some of the shortcomings of EVs will never improve is ridiculous. But many of the negative nellies are stuck in the past and can hardly imajine the future at best.

There isn't any car companies who aren't planning to have a significant fleet of EVs and hybrids.

High gas prices are driving demand considerably. It will be a transition done over time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.