• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV Hummer 4 day charge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Good point Goalie Guy. But Chuck is still a dumbass.
    BP I see A5 liked your post calling me a dumbass but spent several posts in another thread whining about my swearing after he ran out of good comebacks!

A5 is a two faced bullshitter with double standards!

Oops I broke A5's "libetarian" censorship rule on swearing again. The one that limits calling A5's dumb ideas dumbass. LOL

Comment

There are over 30 million vehicles registered in Canada. Can you imagine the amount of resources it will take to replace all of those with EV’s or hybrids? Then consider what it will take to recycle the 30 million existing ICE vehicles. I still use vehicles and equipment that are over 35 years old. My Versi 895 is 40 years old. This net zero dream is in my opinion just political hot air. I have always said efficiency is very important but I also like being realistic.

Comment

Since when did worrying about resource shortages become an issue for free market capitalists? Isn't the market place supposed to solve these problems?

I agree it is a massive transition that will take decades. Just like the change from human power to animal power to steam to the ICE. All were massive changes that took a long time.

Comment

A5 can say whatever he wants and so can you not my monkey. But at least you didn't argue my statement. A fine neighbor I'm sure but born and lived a bonehead. I've got one a mile over. Decent guy just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            I agree it is a massive transition that will take decades. Just like the change from human power to animal power to steam to the ICE. All were massive changes that took a long time.
            haha, what. The discovery of oil kicked off the biggest productive period in human history inside 20 yrs.

We are 20yrs on still looking for evidence of global warming.

Those EVs will never replace ICEs with the same efficency. Not in a 1000 yrs. It a tech headed for the scapr heap. They have been working on solar panels since the 70s and they still only have 16% efficiency.

Comment

BP I see A5 liked your post calling me a dumbass but spent several posts in another thread whining about my swearing after he ran out of good comebacks!

A5 is a two faced bullshitter with double standards!

Oops I broke A5's "libetarian" censorship rule on swearing again. The one that limits calling A5's dumb ideas dumbass. LOL
              You are getting so close to discovering that I am just here to pick on you. The double standard should definitely be a clue, instead you completely misread it.
              And wouldn't It be ironic if I get kicked off the children's forum for trolling Chuck and banished to the adult only table.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 8, 2022, 00:17.

Comment

Since when did worrying about resource shortages become an issue for free market capitalists? Isn't the market place supposed to solve these problems?

Did glenn jut admit he is against the free market and capitalism? Or am I reading the room wrong?

Comment

Its a question not a statement.

Here's another question? Are you in favour of letting OPEC "manage" the supply and world price of oil?

We don't hear much complaining from the "free marketers" on the cartel driving up the cost of fuel and the massive of transfer of wealth from consumers to oil producers.

Comment

The other day Gormley actually made a good comment for once.
                    About how useless solar panels are.
                    The sun doesn't shine everyday..nor does it shine at night..

Comment

Yeah Gormley has his finger on the pulse of renewable energy worldwide? LOL

And the private sector continues to build and integrate solar and wind generation into the Alberta grid. If wind and solar are useless, maybe Gormley should ask Trans Canada the oil and gas pipeline company why they just announced their first solar project in Canada.

Storage of renewable electricity in EV batteries, grid storage systems and in ammonia and hydrogen are all moving towards implementation and commercialization.

Oh shit the arguments that solar and wind are only intermittent and can't be stored is bullshite.

As much as some conservatives would like the world to regress to old and dirty less efficient technology the reality is renewables like wind and solar are the fastest and cheapest growing sectors in electricity production.

https://www.tcenergy.com/announcements/2022-10-04-tc-energy-to-build-its-first-solar-energy-project-in-canada/

https://www.irena.org/publications/2021/Jun/Renewable-Power-Costs-in-2020

Between 2000 and 2020, renewable power generation capacity worldwide increased 3.7‑fold, from 754 gigawatts (GW) to 2 799 GW, as their costs have fallen sharply, driven by steadily improving technologies, economies of scale, competitive supply chains and improving developer experience. Costs for electricity from utility-scale solar photovoltaics (PV) fell 85% between 2010 and 2020.

Other highlights include:

In 2020, the global weighted-average levelised cost of electricity (LCOE) from new capacity additions of onshore wind declined by 13%, compared to 2019. Over the same period, the LCOE of offshore wind fell by 9% and that of utility-scale solar photovoltaics (PV) by 7%.
                      Renewable power generation costs have fallen sharply over the past decade, driven by steadily improving technologies, economies of scale, competitive supply chains and improving developer experience. Costs for electricity from utility-scale solar photovoltaics (PV) fell 85% between 2010 and 2020.
                      The cost of electricity from solar and wind power has fallen, to very low levels. Since 2010, globally, a cumulative total of 644 GW of renewable power generation capacity has been added with estimated costs that have been lower than the cheapest fossil fuel-fired option in each respective year. In emerging economies, the 534 GW added at costs lower than fossil fuels, will reduce electricity generation costs by up to USD 32 billion this year.
                      New solar and wind projects are increasingly undercutting even the cheapest and least sustainable of existing coal-fired power plants. IRENA analysis suggests 800 GW of existing coal-fired capacity has operating costs higher than new utility-scale solar PV and onshore wind, including USD 0.005/kWh for integration costs. Replacing these coal-fired plants would cut annual system costs by USD 32 billion per year and reduce annual CO2 emissions by around 3 Gigatonnes of CO2.
                      Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 8, 2022, 08:43.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        You are getting so close to discovering that I am just here to pick on you. The double standard should definitely be a clue, instead you completely misread it.
                        And wouldn't It be ironic if I get kicked off the children's forum for trolling Chuck and banished to the adult only table.
                        But you were deadly serious when you said we need coal pollution to make it rain and the planet is going to run out of CO2 if we don't keep burning fossil fuels.

Or are you now going to claim it was only a joke? LOL

For a libertarian strangely, you sure don't like other people to share their opinions do you! LOL

You're just another flat earth troll from Alberta. Nothing new there.

You should change your name to DA5.
                        Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 8, 2022, 09:10.

Comment

Its a question not a statement.

Here's another question? Are you in favour of letting OPEC "manage" the supply and world price of oil?

We don't hear much complaining from the "free marketers" on the cartel driving up the cost of fuel and the massive of transfer of wealth from consumers to oil producers.
                          No, anyone with any common sense is in favour of producing fossil fuels responsibly in countries with excellent environmental track records and ending OPEC et als strangle hold on the marginal barrels, thereby ending their ability to control world pricing, and eroding the massive wealth transfer to evil nations.

Unlike you who actively campaigns for the OPEC+ cartel by protesting and blocking any and all resource development here at home.

The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

Comment

So chuck how do you charge your panels in the dark?
                            Flashlight?

Comment

Panels are never charged.

But don't let that stop you from telling us how solar PV doesn't work. LOL

Better tell Trans canada pipelines before they build their solar pv system in Alberta.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                So chuck how do you charge your panels in the dark?
                                Flashlight?
                                I think you are confusing chuck with the brilliant Australian politician who thinks that people can charge their electric vehicles from their solar panels at night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.