• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon Tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Tax

Sneaky vote in the HoC to accelerate carbon tax hikes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cttt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	780303

It is worth pointing out that in the USA the government has brought in policies that are deemed to be climate friendly such as tax incentives for investment without bringing in a carbon tax. Absolutely amazes me that very few if any in today’s legacy media pick up on this. In Canada the Trudeau government uses the carbon tax to penalize the 20 percent of Canadians that require fossil fuels to make a living to attempt to buy votes in the other 80%!!!!

Also interesting to note that the most expensive gasoline in North America if you were to purchase it today is in Vancouver at $2.339 a litre and up. That is $8.84 Canadian for an American gallon of gas(3.78 litres) and $10.62 for an Canadian gallon of gas(4.54 litres). Trudeau and the NDP making life affordable, fml!!!!

Comment

They will demolish western Canada , and be proud of it , so will their voting base

Comment

yep and western canadian sheep are ok with it?????

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          They will demolish western Canada , and be proud of it , so will their voting base
          No, they will drive western Canada directly into the arms of the eagerly awaiting usa.

If you want a good conspiracy theory, just imagine who could possibly benefit from the seemingly asinine divisive policies of our federal government. And of course, ironically enough same useful idiots who blindly support the destructive climate policies of our left-wing governments are the most ardently anti-american. Not a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            No, they will drive western Canada directly into the arms of the eagerly awaiting usa.

If you want a good conspiracy theory, just imagine who could possibly benefit from the seemingly asinine divisive policies of our federal government. And of course, ironically enough same useful idiots who blindly support the destructive climate policies of our left-wing governments are the most ardently anti-american. Not a clue.
            It’s a matter of time. Might not be my lifetime but maybe my kids see it. As with what’s going on in Ukraine and Russia borders may be redrawn there in Ukraine or Russias favour. Borders aren’t forever

Comment

This lady explains Trudeau perfectly, as well as the main climate cult leader here …
              https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFNhgVRJ/

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                It’s a matter of time. Might not be my lifetime but maybe my kids see it. As with what’s going on in Ukraine and Russia borders may be redrawn there in Ukraine or Russias favour. Borders aren’t forever
                Glad you brought that up. And my response should really bring the haters in my fan club out of the woodwork.
                With what's going on in Ukraine right now, and probably about to happen in Taiwan, these type of actions have been normalized once again, like they were throughout most of history. We are a sitting duck out here. In a country which shamefully underfunds its military, an indefensible border, and just like eastern ukraine, western Canada has all of the resources that the superpower next door needs and wants. The difference being after decades of s*** and abuse by the federal government, any thinking person will welcome the liberators without a shot fired in our case.

And you're right, this ridiculous argument that those against separation always bring up that somehow provincial borders are sacrosanct, whereas in reality all borders are purely arbitrary and throughout history rarely ever remain static for a very long. And we've just reentered that phase of History there's no reason at all that rural Ontario and Quebec and British Columbia where the resources are can't be separated from the populous areas.

Comment

In 50+ years there won't be enough people living outside the cities to understand what you're talking about.

Comment

It is my opinion that this country is too big to have under one flag anymore. October 2015 was the shot over the bow with another trudeau being put in the drivers seat. I love not putting his name with no capitals in front , he doesn't deserve them.

What an ignorant little trust fund asshole! The words I have for the NDP and the BQ I can't write down here.

Time to cut the cord with this failed experiment we call Canada, but is the USA really a good alternative ?
                    Look at the retarded old fart they have running the show down there !

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      In 50+ years there won't be enough people living outside the cities to understand what you're talking about.
                      You need to tell that to all of my new neighbors. People can't seem to get out of the city fast enough especially this last 2 years. Work from home has made it viable. The controls that were put in for covid were the straw that broke the camel's back.
                      And from what I see and hear and what Realtors are saying the trend is similar in other rural areas. We just happen to have mountains and employment and recreation and relatively close access to amenities. I thought you were East or Northeast of calgary, I thought you would have the same situation happening no?

Comment

Ontario and the east are getting old and any new growth is from immigration. The vast majority of immigrants come to work and succeed. Talking with them they realize Trudeau is not sustainable. Think the conservatives stand to gain so much support once they get out of the weeds. I could see a pivot in the political paradigm in the future where the conservatives are once again a big hat party representing this motivated immigrant class while liberals and ndp are the old stock eclipsed by the new Canadians. The old stock has no one to blame but themselves. University enrolment and better jobs are increasingly filled by non old stock Canadians. They are motivated to get ahead like our ancestors were when they came here with nothing. That is why I think our natives need to get their shit together cause the emerging ruling class will not be as sympathetic. As far as the east and west splitting we will just grow apart like we are already doing. The manufactured “Canadian Identity” is an eastern notion. Tim Hortons, Maple Syrup, Molson Canadian, etc. It’s a bunch of eastern things. I’m as old stock as they come. Have relations in the east still but a lot of westerners don’t even have that connection. Their Canadian experience is dramatically different than someone in PEI or Ontario. We were treated like a colony and therefore that resentment has been in our background for 150 years. The USA has similar problems as we do but what ultimately keeps it together is that each state is separate enough because reciprocal lie within the state’s jurisdiction. As well, each state has equal say in the senate. Canada as it exists I fear does not have a very long shelf life.

Comment

I think this is a great development. Let them triple down.

They think that they can extract a carbon tax to dish out as rebate to gullible Canadians without causing inflation and skyrocketing cost of living for all people. I say let them try. Let’s end this climate bullshite the only way it can.

Comment

A carbon tax of a few cents per litre, much of which is rebated to consumers, is going to kill the economy?

But a 50% percent increase in the price of fuels with a massive transfer of wealth to oil companies who have record profits, has little impact and isn't responsible for a lot of inflation? LOL

It's the Conservative dumb ass denial machine at work. And the gullible sheep have no clue.

Crypto Polly has no plan except to cancel the carbon tax and then switch to more expensive subsidies to tech solutions and industry to reduce emissions.

They will be targeted at the oil industry and will be well hidden, but consumers and taxpayers will still be paying for them.

Crypto Polly will eventually have to admit something needs to be done about carbon emissions which will alienate a large majority of the fervent flatearthers.

So it will be a whole lot harder for the likes of A5 to keep saying we need to burn more coal to make it rain and we will run out of CO2 if we don't keep burning fossil fuels while Crypto Polly puts programs in place to reduce emissions.

But A5 never shows up again to defend his wacky ruminations with credible science. No surprise there because there is no science that supports his off the wall fringe notions.

When challenged A5 quickly changes the subject to nothing important.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              A carbon tax of a few cents per litre, much of which is rebated to consumers, is going to kill the economy?

But a 50% percent increase in the price of fuels with a massive transfer of wealth to oil companies who have record profits, has little impact and isn't responsible for a lot of inflation? LOL

It's the Conservative dumb ass denial machine at work. And the gullible sheep have no clue.

Crypto Polly has no plan except to cancel the carbon tax and then switch to more expensive subsidies to tech solutions and industry to reduce emissions.

They will be targeted at the oil industry and will be well hidden, but consumers and taxpayers will still be paying for them.

Crypto Polly will eventually have to admit something needs to be done about carbon emissions which will alienate a large majority of the fervent flatearthers.

So it will be a whole lot harder for the likes of A5 to keep saying we need to burn more coal to make it rain and we will run out of CO2 if we don't keep burning fossil fuels while Crypto Polly puts programs in place to reduce emissions.

But A5 never shows up again to defend his wacky ruminations with credible science. No surprise there because there is no science that supports his off the wall fringe notions.

When challenged A5 quickly changes the subject to nothing important.
                              Simple question Chuck2, why if a carbon tax is the answer is there no federal carbon tax in the USA?!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...