• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoular Flax deliveries

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoular Flax deliveries

Any one else getting the run around from Scoular? Already months past contract delivery for last years crop and now they just quit responding.

Think the contract price might be a little higher than what they can buy spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
      Any one else getting the run around from Scoular? Already months past contract delivery for last years crop and now they just quit responding.
      Have you contacted the CGC? Not sure how that works anymore but would be giving them a call to see if they can help.

Comment

I just appreciate these tidbits of info. Sometimes wish we'd see more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
          Do you deal with Sara ?
          Usually tells it like it is

Comment

Flax has been the best money maker on my farm over the past 5 years, but with canola at $18-19/bu and flax at $22. The balance has swung wildly into canolas favour. Flax needs to be $33 to be competitive. Plus having to deal with processors who find 8% dockage after delivery, yet before hand grade the sample at 2%, American buyer so what can you do.

Comment

Let me guess,
              “We can’t get containers”
              “Our bins are full”
              “We can probably take it next week”

Ran into all the usuals your facing this past winter and have frankly had my fill of scholar until they get their act together. Their settlement paperwork and overages have been an absolute gongshow with missing grain, late payments, and below market priced overage.

I’d strongly avoid scoular at the moment.

Also agree with wheatking that flax is severely underpriced. We are always growing flax, but it’s simply not worth the extra headache at these prices.

Comment

Post deleted. Note to self. ... Next time just talk to any nearby wall.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...