• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning I have been looking at Storm Ian and it has calmed down as it crossed the great state of Florida. My power went out around 9 pm and all cameras went black the fan in the gazebo was starting to turn so the winds must have gotten up there. we will know in an hour or so.

Trudeau going to PEI was a photo opp and the little fool's first thing out of his mouth was climate change. Its ****ing Hurricane season you fool it happens every year some are not that strong some way stronger than usual.

Crop Report.

We got to 56% done and are working on Early canola we will be back into our late-seeded wheat in three more days, finish that then move on to finish the later Canola.

Wheat has done fairly well with ergot being the only downgrade in our area. Yields of 50 to 80 are possible depending on rain and nutrients. Most are wrapping up the wheat and will move onto Canola or flax soon.

Barley is done and bagged or binned or sold. Strong run on feed and malt is up so that's a good thing. The later twisted barley yielded the same as early or just a bit higher.

Oats early is off and late is just about ready to go. Yields good.

Peas and lentils are all done and those fields are now worked or harrowed. We kelly harrow and then run over with the Mandako a week or two later.

Flax is sprayed on very few swath due to strong winds. None has been harvested.

Canola the harvest has started lots swath this year to speed up the process. Sprayed fields are taking three weeks almost but when they are ready they are ready. Yields are interesting the first field seeded was the lowest yield so far and as we move into the harvest the yields keep going up. The area will be 40 to 77 and again depending on nutrients and rainfall.

Some second cutting of hay is happening and late seeded greenfeed is coming down. Bales hauled etc pastures are shutting down.

Have a great week we need about 14 days to finish the 2022 crop. Not everyone is done like the province and the media will try to tell you. Some areas are just getting going.

Stay safe and remember it's only a crop that they will work overtime to try to get. Harvest pressure and all other BS.

Comment

Hurricane season, just weather. IAN 500 year flood event. If this is the new normal we are in big trouble.

Comment

in 1890 our area in florida was hit with a flood hurricane event 21 in of water. so your floor has to be above that for insurance.

oh but it’s just a new thing.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          Hurricane season, just weather. IAN 500 year flood event. If this is the new normal we are in big trouble.
          Agstar when Justin Trudeau became Prime Minister in 2015 he renamed Environment Canada Environment and Climate Change Canada. Ever since then weather forecasting and coverage has become as much about political messaging as it has weather forecasting. If you can’t see that you need a new pair of glasses!

Comment

Is the x9 going to make it for any of the harvest. I suppose you'd rather wait now until next year so the warranty clock doesn't start ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
              Is the x9 going to make it for any of the harvest. I suppose you'd rather wait now until next year so the warranty clock doesn't start ticking.
              The ticking in the X9 isn’t the warranty clock….

Comment

our three we told them we would take late so probably Nov. i’m protected on price warranty and interest rate so don’t care.

two headers are in Yorkton

Comment

Finished post harvest spraying.
                  Lots of combines going.
                  Wash day to park stuff till next yr.
                  Start fall fert next Monday..

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    our three we told them we would take late so probably Nov. i’m protected on price warranty and interest rate so don’t care.

two headers are in Yorkton
                    Kelvington/Humboldt have 2 x9's with no headers.
                    Weird how that all played out..

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                      Single rotor is a better combine anyway !

That's a long belt on the x9 !
                      Don’t take long for the first fusible link to snap. There you have a single rotor now…..

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                        Don’t take long for the first fusible link to snap. There you have a single rotor now…..
                        Crazy they don't use electric drives... with all the new electric drives now available... especially on rotors and fan...

Comment

After demo-ing the 9.9 NH.
                          I'm thinking the twin rotor is a better threshing and separating design over a big single rotor.
                          Not to mention the residue management.
                          Automation on any platform is a no brainer.
                          But looking at belts once again and manual de-slug I feel I'm definitely giving something up.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            After demo-ing the 9.9 NH.
                            I'm thinking the twin rotor is a better threshing and separating design over a big single rotor.
                            Not to mention the residue management.
                            Automation on any platform is a no brainer.
                            But looking at belts once again and manual de-slug I feel I'm definitely giving something up.
                            That one never had the auto de slug ?
                            Ours worked just fine although not as slick as the Case but it does work .

Comment

only way to get big capacity is twin router.

house did take a direct hit three on our block. waiting to get damage report as still no power and it’s still raining. roof cap is gone it’s different than a canadian home as it lets the air out of roof in a hurricane but it let go and opened up. need tarps to cover but all stores closed and roads closed. i have about three so it’s a start.

this is when hood neighbours help out thanks guys.

i’ll drive down after harvest and bring some stuff.

looks like i have a winter project instead of golfing

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.