• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In actual grain markets…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In actual grain markets…

Wheat up big this morning
    I would imagine protein spreads will be widening

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Wheat up big this morning
    I would imagine protein spreads will be widening
    Our $ dropping has helped the wheat basis (+$79 to +$89 per tonne basis for dec to july) BUT how long till the grain companies claw that back down to $66??
    #1 13.5 HRSW is over $12 in a couple delivery/futures months today.
    About 8c/bu more for 17% protein.
    Does anyone think they will be willing to increase protein premiums?
    Some mills and grain terminals are not paying any premium over 13.5 now.

Comment

Had a local elevator call me.last week wanting my higher pro wheat. Said there is a ton of low pro stuff out there. Asked if they were paying a premium.. they said no. I just laughed and told them they can have all of it for 50 cents more per bushel. But they are nailing guys 3 cents/ tenth point below 13.5.
      Crooked crooked crooked.
      Bit of a stutter when i asked if they were wanting to dump my higher pro wheat ontop of some low pro...

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
        Had a local elevator call me.last week wanting my higher pro wheat. Said there is a ton of low pro stuff out there. Asked if they were paying a premium.. they said no. I just laughed and told them they can have all of it for 50 cents more per bushel. But they are nailing guys 3 cents/ tenth point below 13.5.
        Crooked crooked crooked.
        Bit of a stutter when i asked if they were wanting to dump my higher pro wheat ontop of some low pro...
        Hold any high pro wheat 🌾, very little around volume wise

Comment

12.50 Viterra Nov.

Comment

Nice having lots of free marketing choice nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Nice having lots of free marketing choice nowadays
              It's not free.

Comment

It may not be perfect but it’s definitely more freedom than it used to be aggy.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                  It's not free.
                  You free to sell to whoever , whenever, as much or as little as you deem necessary at whatever price point fits your operating budget at any said time , Marketing freedom, such a terrible thing eh ?

Nothing in life is free…. For most of us
                  Just free to use the tools at hand without a nanny state works just fine most of the time for the majority of us
                  Last edited by furrowtickler; Oct 1, 2022, 09:15.

Comment

It’s awesome! Free market rules!

Comment

Also freedom to haul some $20 canola today without the worry of coming under heavy tank fire on the way.

Comment

Grappling with "is this a sustained move" "slight change in trend sentiment" or "short-lived reaction meaning sell signal".

The real joys of free market having choice to make decision one way or the other.

The AWB had a privacy clause which expired 12 months ago lost of details were coming out of shady deals brown paper bag stuff etc etc.

But nobody was super super shocked sort of what we knew way back then and the mythical premiums in single desk selling came form domestic market profits shuffled across to export sales.

Pea and thimble stuff.

Done and dusted never to return.

CWB maybe more honourable that our AWB why it lasted a tad longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post
                          Grappling with "is this a sustained move" "slight change in trend sentiment" or "short-lived reaction meaning sell signal".

The real joys of free market having choice to make decision one way or the other.

The AWB had a privacy clause which expired 12 months ago lost of details were coming out of shady deals brown paper bag stuff etc etc.

But nobody was super super shocked sort of what we knew way back then and the mythical premiums in single desk selling came form domestic market profits shuffled across to export sales.

Pea and thimble stuff.

The CWB had producer oversight, so there was some insight into actual sales. Now there is zero transparency in the so called free market controlled by a few benevolent grain companies.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                            The CWB had producer oversight, so there was some insight into actual sales. Now there is zero transparency in the so called free market controlled by a few benevolent grain companies.
                            The one simple thing that should have been implemented is an export sales report before August 1 2012.

Farm groups can't wrap their head around it. One candidate for a farm group a few years ago didn't even know one existed in the states.

USDA is working on a new format and Canada can't even figure out why farmers and industry need it.
                            Last edited by bucket; Oct 1, 2022, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Landdownunder View Post

Pea and thimble stuff.

It was a crooked outfit with 5 or 6 generations of families milking it for all it was worth
                              Books could not be audited
                              On a public company, amazing corruption and they got away with it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.