• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

excuse me for being blunt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excuse me for being blunt

IS there anyone any where in canada trying to get some packer laws passed that will allow the canadian cattle man to survive?......good luck

What the hell do laws do Stout? We have law with the USA called NAFTA - Chicken*&^( protectionist groups like yours simply find a way around them anyway.

Comment

could one of the reasons they find away around them ,be the fact you have no control over packers?That they have set up camp in canada be cause your laws are so lax?Then use their captive supply tricks to manipulate american markets?......good luck,HAY MAKER

Comment

Stout, how in the world can the Multi-nations use the excess cattle in Canada to manipulate American markets? That sounds rediculous...well anyway....we will just keep stealing your jobs, slaughter and process the meat here and then sell it to you. While your workers in the plants have nothing to do!
        Not sure about these slack rules we have in Canada....we didn't see anything wrong when prices were over $1.00/lb!
        You guys complain about lack of packer competition, well you are the ones that will probably cause a couple to go broke...nice poilcy! Way to go!!!
        Enjoy the Canadian beef going your way!

Comment

Stout who is going to win your election on Monday ?

Comment

Stout: You are absolutely right in that there are basically no laws in Canada to control packer ownership of cattle.
            Apparently they don't have to show the books to the government either, because when the books were requested they refused to show them.
            In Canada big business pretty well can do whatever it wants. And why wouldn't they if there are no rules in place to control them?
            I do know that Cargill/IBP were in the fall market last year in a big way. In fact they probably kept our calf market from a total wreck! Everyone likes to slam the big packers but in fact without them we would be ruined. People tend to forget that our old domestic packers weren't exactly ever angels either? Canada Packers, Intercon, Burns and XL all owned cattle and used them to keep prices down a long time before Cargill or IBP ever came along.

Comment

I for one don't find arrogant comments from people ammusing. And if they are American ( well its understandable why they look over their shoulders throughout the world ).

Our two countries should be a little more civil to one another.

Now that you have had you say, just what are you trying to say?

Comment

what IM trying to say is.what you are doing dont work,CCA,NCBA,PACKERS are one and the same ,when they get through with you in canada ,their new plants in south america will be ready to move into,in the meantime its buisness as usual,because you allow it...good luck

Comment

Stout who is going to win your election on Monday ? ..............Its tuesday....for your sake I hope its GEORGE W BUSH

Comment

Actually the election 'starts' on Tuesday, it'll take a few weeks to finish once the lawyers get finished calling for recounts.

Comment

I can't seem to find my dictionary or my thesaurus......but.....
                      doesn't "blunt" mean not very sharp???
                      doesn't "stout" also mean THICK????

Please help!!!!

Comment

Blunt:

Dull in understanding; slow of discernment; stupid; --opposed to acute.
                        His wits are not so blunt. --Shak.

Hard to impress or penetrate. [R.]
                        I find my heart hardened and blunt to new impressions.--Pope.

Note: Blunt is much used in composition, as blunt-edged,blunt-sighted, blunt-spoken.

Syn: Obtuse; dull; pointless; curt; short; coarse; rude; brusque; impolite; uncivil.

Comment

Thanks Kato, That's kinda what i figgered... oops, I mean is consistant with my estimation!!!!

Comment

well so much for the warm welcome theory.....good luck,HAY MAKER

Comment

I welcomed you on your other thread, Haymaker, and incidentally was not answered. I also wished you good luck which I knew you were definatly going to need if you choose to "come to Canada" and be as rude as we know some Americans are sure noted for. I guess maybe "thanks" for continuing the behaviour that will get you absolutly nowhere is more appropriate. Good luck... in changeing your attitude somewhat.
                              Sorry but there are other people in the world as well, with feelings, goals, families, commitments and want the same things out of life that you do...
                              Stop talking down to people so much and you may just get the "welcome" that you crave so much. Have a good day!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...