• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    if you are green here , you hasta keep a 9400 in the shed to do forages
    the case, massey and NH all do it fine
    but those 9400's were a good machine
    You what as long as it gets the job done there all good! Paint shouldn't matter.

We've had good luck with our JDs so why change!

Alfalfa should be good with the somewhat dryer conditions in your part of the country.

Decent prices as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
      Guys who worship John Deere green always make me laugh, as soon as they spray the green paint on something they think it is special and different. New Holland was the first with twin rotors, certainly still the most affordable way to get two rotors imo.
      well, wait now , they have invented some pretty good innovations like tracks, CTS and rotary technology and shit even microwave popcorn lol ****

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        You what as long as it gets the job done there all good! Paint shouldn't matter.

We've had good luck with our JDs so why change!

Alfalfa should be good with the somewhat dryer conditions in your part of the country.

Decent prices as well.
        Looks good
        I don’t think it’s as good as last year , bee reproduction very good
        Plant bugs were very persistent
        Hearing any prices ?

Comment

From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

They are built to handle tough conditions.
          Neighbors here who do a lot of native grass seed keep a fleet of John Deere 55s and conventional gleaners specially modified for each crop.

Comment

From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

They are built to handle tough conditions.
            I have to be honest I have never harvested forage seed. I have spent many hours in both a 9600 and a CTS. Certainly dependable combines. I have sold both a TR98 and a CR9070 to farmers from northern Alberta who were going to combine fescue. The one texted back to tell me the 9070 used half the fuel of his S680, was quite happy. Each to their own for sure, they all work when properly maintained.

Comment

No nothing like that BIGLENTIL, Wife phoned am i coming back to the city, neighbours slowed down and counted the semis leaving the field and its so Foggy right now i feel like Trudeaus brain. Can't see a thing and not sure what's going on.

Comment

I have no idea what is going on here or where any of that came from. Oh well, another 5 minutes I won't get back.

Comment

Its almost 11 Am and we still have thick fog and it spit at 8pm last night. Come on sunshine and wind.

Comment

We have lost about 4 hrs a day now compared to earlier last week . But Tis the season
                    Moisture reasonable now on canola at least and not as crazy dusty

Comment

Dry sunny and a stiff breeze near Spring Valley, alls good.

I’m guessing DML should lay off the sauce, day drinking at harvest time isn’t a great combination!

Comment

Switching back to canola this afternoon to finish. Standing. Swathed one field to hedge our time.
                        Not looking forward to that unless slightly damper lol.

Doing a demo in that stuff.
                        Getting a NH for 10 hours to compare to my 9240.
                        Any bets????

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                          Switching back to canola this afternoon to finish. Standing. Swathed one field to hedge our time.

Any bets????
                          9.9 or 10.9 ?

Comment

Any bets????
                            9.9 , 10 % more and less loss due to more even sieve load
                            10.9 .15-20% more
                            Just going by what we seen between the two

NH slightly less fuel / hr
                            Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 18, 2022, 12:26.

Comment

If equipped with MADD concaves in the NH , add 5% more

Comment

Any bets????
                                Twin rotors and elevation sieve definitely an advantage. From personal experience concave set up on the Case definitely makes a difference. I think the New Holland will be quicker but takes longer to service in the morning.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.