Test Friday Crop Report on a Thursday! Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Test
SASKFARMER's Avatar Sep 16, 2022 | 05:48 31 I’m going to readjust canola to 18.98 mt from my earlier as canola yields look 60 plus and harvest not hitting those numbers. Dry areas some not over 9 bpa. It’s a recovery but no bumper. Heat in July aborted flowers.

WHEAT HAS FUZZ and Ergot problems and yields 40 and up not 60 and up. Reply With Quote
Sep 16, 2022 | 07:22 32
Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
We had a short day yesterday, only managed 200 acres and at 8pm we were crawling at 1mph with all combined grunting time to quit. Cart auger decided to screw up yesterday also, flighting welds let loose from shaft so spent last night heating, cutting, a lot of sledge hammering and welding, but ready to put back in this morning. Looking like a small day today with the fog heavy this morning.
We had that also happen to our cart, the upper auger had a rubber torsion damper that stripped out and under heavy wheat it would slip and backlog the grain. Im not sure what kind of cart you have but ours was a 2012 brent. Reply With Quote
Sep 16, 2022 | 08:00 33 Our cart in a 1282 Brent, after getting it all,welded up again we spent hours trying to get the auger back into the tube. This auger has the 22” intake and then goes to 20”. we spent hours pounding with a sledgehammer to get it back down the tube. I was ready to throw in the towel but son in law finally got it pounded down after supper last night, so we’re back harvesting with a cart again. After not having a cart for 2 days you realize how productive it is.

The 9.9 has good capacity, probably about 10% more than the red 9230 that I drive. We’ve had it for 3 years now and I still haven’t driven it in the field yet. Well another short day last night, by 7:00 we were chewing wheat at 2 mph and all 3 machines were grunting. Hopefully we can get out there by noon today. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 16, 2022 | 09:06 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Our cart in a 1282 Brent, after getting it all,welded up again we spent hours trying to get the auger back into the tube. This auger has the 22” intake and then goes to 20”. we spent hours pounding with a sledgehammer to get it back down the tube. I was ready to throw in the towel but son in law finally got it pounded down after supper last night, so we’re back harvesting with a cart again. After not having a cart for 2 days you realize how productive it is.

    The 9.9 has good capacity, probably about 10% more than the red 9230 that I drive. We’ve had it for 3 years now and I still haven’t driven it in the field yet. Well another short day last night, by 7:00 we were chewing wheat at 2 mph and all 3 machines were grunting. Hopefully we can get out there by noon today.
    Better check out this torsion, put one mark on the flighting and one on the coupler and use it a while and check to see if the marks are still lined up. If not the rubber is torn out in the coupler and it will put a ton of pressure on your lower flightings and gearbox. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 16, 2022 | 11:36 35 Did anyone else get rain on Wed? We received an inch. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2022 | 14:54 36
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodtime View Post
    Did anyone else get rain on Wed? We received an inch.
    About half that, but it rained the whole day. Reply With Quote
    SASKFARMER's Avatar Sep 16, 2022 | 18:59 37 Tried today wheat it was between 18.9 to 16.5 so we took a day off. Finished spraying all fields are done. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2022 | 19:07 38 Hey SF and sodbuster … ya might get a giggle outa this ….
    Reply With Quote

  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Sep 16, 2022 | 19:14 39 Hahahahaha. I seen that it’s funny not same design. Reply With Quote
    Sep 16, 2022 | 19:44 40 Sure would be interesting to see a 10.9 run against the x9 in your big crop country in wheat and canola Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 16, 2022 | 20:56 41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
    Our cart in a 1282 Brent, after getting it all,welded up again we spent hours trying to get the auger back into the tube. This auger has the 22” intake and then goes to 20”. we spent hours pounding with a sledgehammer to get it back down the tube. I was ready to throw in the towel but son in law finally got it pounded down after supper last night, so we’re back harvesting with a cart again. After not having a cart for 2 days you realize how productive it is.

    The 9.9 has good capacity, probably about 10% more than the red 9230 that I drive. We’ve had it for 3 years now and I still haven’t driven it in the field yet. Well another short day last night, by 7:00 we were chewing wheat at 2 mph and all 3 machines were grunting. Hopefully we can get out there by noon today.
    Doesn’t the larger portion separate at the bottom with a big bolt? Other carts are that way Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 16, 2022 | 23:28 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard5 View Post
    Doesn’t the larger portion separate at the bottom with a big bolt? Other carts are that way
    You might be right, sure would feel stupid if that’s the case. At least I wasn’t the one on the the sledgehammer. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 16, 2022 | 23:47 43
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Hahahahaha. I seen that it’s funny not same design.
    Guys who worship John Deere green always make me laugh, as soon as they spray the green paint on something they think it is special and different. New Holland was the first with twin rotors, certainly still the most affordable way to get two rotors imo. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 17, 2022 | 06:20 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    Guys who worship John Deere green always make me laugh, as soon as they spray the green paint on something they think it is special and different. New Holland was the first with twin rotors, certainly still the most affordable way to get two rotors imo.
    From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

    They are built to handle tough conditions. Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2022 | 06:46 45
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

    They are built to handle tough conditions.
    if you are green here , you hasta keep a 9400 in the shed to do forages
    the case, massey and NH all do it fine
    but those 9400's were a good machine Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2022 | 06:53 46
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    if you are green here , you hasta keep a 9400 in the shed to do forages
    the case, massey and NH all do it fine
    but those 9400's were a good machine
    You what as long as it gets the job done there all good! Paint shouldn't matter.

    We've had good luck with our JDs so why change!

    Alfalfa should be good with the somewhat dryer conditions in your part of the country.

    Decent prices as well. Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2022 | 06:55 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    Guys who worship John Deere green always make me laugh, as soon as they spray the green paint on something they think it is special and different. New Holland was the first with twin rotors, certainly still the most affordable way to get two rotors imo.
    well, wait now , they have invented some pretty good innovations like tracks, CTS and rotary technology and shit even microwave popcorn lol **** Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2022 | 15:22 48
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    You what as long as it gets the job done there all good! Paint shouldn't matter.

    We've had good luck with our JDs so why change!

    Alfalfa should be good with the somewhat dryer conditions in your part of the country.

    Decent prices as well.
    Looks good
    I don’t think it’s as good as last year , bee reproduction very good
    Plant bugs were very persistent
    Hearing any prices ? Reply With Quote
    Sep 17, 2022 | 16:45 49
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

    They are built to handle tough conditions.
    Neighbors here who do a lot of native grass seed keep a fleet of John Deere 55s and conventional gleaners specially modified for each crop. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 17, 2022 | 22:10 50
    Quote Originally Posted by foragefarmer View Post
    From experience, JD's conventionals are the only way to go in forages.

    They are built to handle tough conditions.
    I have to be honest I have never harvested forage seed. I have spent many hours in both a 9600 and a CTS. Certainly dependable combines. I have sold both a TR98 and a CR9070 to farmers from northern Alberta who were going to combine fescue. The one texted back to tell me the 9070 used half the fuel of his S680, was quite happy. Each to their own for sure, they all work when properly maintained. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Sep 18, 2022 | 09:28 51 No nothing like that BIGLENTIL, Wife phoned am i coming back to the city, neighbours slowed down and counted the semis leaving the field and its so Foggy right now i feel like Trudeaus brain. Can't see a thing and not sure what's going on. Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Sep 18, 2022 | 09:43 52 I have no idea what is going on here or where any of that came from. Oh well, another 5 minutes I won't get back. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

    LEP

  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Sep 18, 2022 | 10:37 53 Its almost 11 Am and we still have thick fog and it spit at 8pm last night. Come on sunshine and wind. Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2022 | 10:58 54 We have lost about 4 hrs a day now compared to earlier last week . But Tis the season
    Moisture reasonable now on canola at least and not as crazy dusty Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 18, 2022 | 11:33 55 Dry sunny and a stiff breeze near Spring Valley, alls good.

    I’m guessing DML should lay off the sauce, day drinking at harvest time isn’t a great combination! Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Sep 18, 2022 | 11:55 56 Switching back to canola this afternoon to finish. Standing. Swathed one field to hedge our time.
    Not looking forward to that unless slightly damper lol.

    Doing a demo in that stuff.
    Getting a NH for 10 hours to compare to my 9240.
    Any bets???? Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2022 | 11:58 57
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Switching back to canola this afternoon to finish. Standing. Swathed one field to hedge our time.
    Not looking forward to that unless slightly damper lol.

    Doing a demo in that stuff.
    Getting a NH for 10 hours to compare to my 9240.
    Any bets????
    9.9 or 10.9 ? Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2022 | 12:24 58
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Switching back to canola this afternoon to finish. Standing. Swathed one field to hedge our time.
    Not looking forward to that unless slightly damper lol.

    Doing a demo in that stuff.
    Getting a NH for 10 hours to compare to my 9240.
    Any bets????
    9.9 , 10 % more and less loss due to more even sieve load
    10.9 .15-20% more
    Just going by what we seen between the two

    NH slightly less fuel / hr
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 18, 2022 at 12:26.
    Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2022 | 12:25 59 If equipped with MADD concaves in the NH , add 5% more Reply With Quote
    Sep 18, 2022 | 12:39 60
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Switching back to canola this afternoon to finish. Standing. Swathed one field to hedge our time.
    Not looking forward to that unless slightly damper lol.

    Doing a demo in that stuff.
    Getting a NH for 10 hours to compare to my 9240.
    Any bets????
    Twin rotors and elevation sieve definitely an advantage. From personal experience concave set up on the Case definitely makes a difference. I think the New Holland will be quicker but takes longer to service in the morning. Reply With Quote