• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Share vs Cash Rent

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    saw lotsa old pricks here take advantage of their renter
    like making then combine , haul, dry their last crops, dig ditches they never could , clean up piles , bush , etc
    or do work for them for SFA, then forget who renter was when it came time to sell
    don't even go there FFS
    Worse is when you are kind just because you’re kind generally, and they pull it out from you because your combine isn’t new enough or big enough to their liking. I guess flashing dollars, talking big, and arrogance means more than kindness. If you get an offer from a greedy guy, at least have the decency to tell the current guy, and give him a chance to match or counteroffer?

I’ve had both kinds of landlords. The ones who let you do your job, are gracious and return kindness, and the ones who try to do your job for you, and reply to kindness with belligerence.

The only safe land is owned land. That’s my tip of the day. Haha.

Comment

High risk renting Reserve land around here....got to be on their good side, then band council changes and all bets are off.

Comment

i could never figure out why reserves don't farm their own land ? they want industry , jobs ? chuck , anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          i could never figure out why reserves don't farm their own land ? they want industry , jobs ? chuck , anyone ?
          It’s been tried here a few times , free land payments , free machinery , still a complete failure. Most stuff trashed in a year
          Some may have been successful elsewhere not sure as a band level
          A few individual First Nation farmers have done very well at Sweetgrass FN west of here
          Red Pheasant was still is a complete train wreck
          Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 22, 2022, 13:01.

Comment

One would think large scale ranching , cattle or bison would be a Perfect fit
            There is a bison ranch run by FN south of Glaslyn, looks like it’s being run well

Comment

One earth still exist ? Did they not have a huge billionaire investor behind that one , sure not to fail ?
              Have not heard much about that in a few years

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                One would think large scale ranching , cattle or bison would be a Perfect fit
                There is a bison ranch run by FN south of Glaslyn, looks like it’s being run well
                Hauled a couple of dozen cows out to a local reserve the guy ran 200 or so at the time. Said he hated ice fishing and needed something to do in the winter. It was one of those -25 mornings when I got there and he showed me how well his new atv started not plugged in out in the middle of the yard. Just remember that he had acres and acres of round bales and must have been very busy in the summer too.

Comment

the good ones can out work most of us any day
                  had lots work for me in my former life

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    One earth still exist ? Did they not have a huge billionaire investor behind that one , sure not to fail ?
                    Have not heard much about that in a few years
                    He is still a billionaire

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-28 183928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	773849

Comment

That’s good cause the farm the would not fail turned out a complete disaster

Comment

Wiseguy it will be interesting to see what crop insurance prices are in March, but till then, the risk of hedges for more than fertilizer seed and weed control is huge in these war priced drought ravaged grain markets .

No problem sharing some 2022 revenues, too early to determine 2023 cash returns …

Hope landlords will be reasonable and patient!

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          What's the new Cash rent for 2023 ????
                          https://andjelic.ca/product-category/land-packages

Seems like cash rents are still going up a bit

Comment

Grow canolie for $280 ac throw in another $100 cash rent … priceless!!

Work real hard for nothing!!

Those Andjelics of the world need to take a long cold bath one of these yrs. But again, farmers are to blame again feeding him what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                              Grow canolie for $280 ac throw in another $100 cash rent … priceless!!

Work real hard for nothing!!

Those Andjelics of the world need to take a long cold bath one of these yrs. But again, farmers are to blame again feeding him what he wants.
                              NW SK some $160.00+ was inked recently...not that far from Furrow

Comment

Rents will not be going down anytime soon. If offered, you will have 3 seconds to reply. It's not rocket science.
                                Caution based on your own scale requirements or risk profile always warranted.
                                I have spent a lifetime waiting for "cheap".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.