Test Crop Share vs Cash Rent Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Crop Share vs Cash Rent

Test
Sep 21, 2022 | 22:20 31
Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
saw lotsa old pricks here take advantage of their renter
like making then combine , haul, dry their last crops, dig ditches they never could , clean up piles , bush , etc
or do work for them for SFA, then forget who renter was when it came time to sell
don't even go there FFS
Worse is when you are kind just because you’re kind generally, and they pull it out from you because your combine isn’t new enough or big enough to their liking. I guess flashing dollars, talking big, and arrogance means more than kindness. If you get an offer from a greedy guy, at least have the decency to tell the current guy, and give him a chance to match or counteroffer?

I’ve had both kinds of landlords. The ones who let you do your job, are gracious and return kindness, and the ones who try to do your job for you, and reply to kindness with belligerence.

The only safe land is owned land. That’s my tip of the day. Haha. Reply With Quote

• fjlip's Avatar Sep 21, 2022 | 23:28 32 High risk renting Reserve land around here....got to be on their good side, then band council changes and all bets are off. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 22, 2022 | 12:25 33 i could never figure out why reserves don't farm their own land ? they want industry , jobs ? chuck , anyone ? Reply With Quote
    Sep 22, 2022 | 12:57 34
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    i could never figure out why reserves don't farm their own land ? they want industry , jobs ? chuck , anyone ?
    It’s been tried here a few times , free land payments , free machinery , still a complete failure. Most stuff trashed in a year
    Some may have been successful elsewhere not sure as a band level
    A few individual First Nation farmers have done very well at Sweetgrass FN west of here
    Red Pheasant was still is a complete train wreck
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 22, 2022 at 13:01.
    Sep 22, 2022 | 13:31 35 One would think large scale ranching , cattle or bison would be a Perfect fit
    There is a bison ranch run by FN south of Glaslyn, looks like it’s being run well Reply With Quote
    Sep 22, 2022 | 13:33 36 One earth still exist ? Did they not have a huge billionaire investor behind that one , sure not to fail ?
    Have not heard much about that in a few years Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Sep 22, 2022 | 16:40 37
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    One would think large scale ranching , cattle or bison would be a Perfect fit
    There is a bison ranch run by FN south of Glaslyn, looks like it’s being run well
    Hauled a couple of dozen cows out to a local reserve the guy ran 200 or so at the time. Said he hated ice fishing and needed something to do in the winter. It was one of those -25 mornings when I got there and he showed me how well his new atv started not plugged in out in the middle of the yard. Just remember that he had acres and acres of round bales and must have been very busy in the summer too. Reply With Quote

• Sep 22, 2022 | 18:51 38 the good ones can out work most of us any day
    had lots work for me in my former life Reply With Quote

• Sep 28, 2022 | 18:41 39
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    One earth still exist ? Did they not have a huge billionaire investor behind that one , sure not to fail ?
    Have not heard much about that in a few years
    He is still a billionaire

Name:  Screenshot 2022-09-28 183928.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  72.9 KB Reply With Quote
    Sep 28, 2022 | 20:13 40 That’s good cause the farm the would not fail turned out a complete disaster Reply With Quote