• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nipawin area was one of the original areas to adopt peas back in the early 70's.
    There was more peas here then than there is now.
    Many near me have gone to a 3 crop rotation. Canola,Oats,and Wheat.
    Probably more forage and clover than peas.
    Cattle and peas have left this country for most.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
      No and that's exactly the issue. Trying to state what grower will find profitable for 2023 is impossible today.
      What part of 2 bushels to one bushel did you not understand?
      Or should I type slower?

Comment

[QUOTE=LWeber;548723]What part of 2 bushels to one bushel did you not understand?
        Or should I type slower?[/QUOTE

Yeah type slower so I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
          What part of 2 bushels to one bushel did you not understand?
          Or should I type slower?
          Don’t be an ass. Your good for our site

Comment

Not that I am surprised but it is kind of sad to see the pea market die as that is the only way farmer had to keep the greedy fertilizer companies in line. Actually the story is that the export grain business is dying as all our customers are broke. Chna's economy is failing too. Grow soft wheat to fuel the car but it does take N. I have grown peas sporadically and the crop I had two years ago contributed to my best ever wheat yield on one field this year. Last years drought canola did not remove all the N.
            Last edited by ajl; Sep 16, 2022, 07:43.

Comment

The good news is that the government funded protein plants will get help to import cheaper peas , probably from Ukraine , because thats the way liberals do things.

Subsidizing the secondary industries while leaving the farmers with nothing makes zero sense to me.

Its like our farm groups that see interest free CEBA get extended while interest bearing cash advances are to be paid back in under a year.

Some guys don't see the problems or refuse to, until it finally hits their farm after they have blown generations of savings on new paint.

OOPs , i have said too much.

Comment

This goes against what I remember reading previously, possibly on this site. That the drier parts of western Canada are unique in that they can grow comparable yields of pulses vs. wheat, whereas in our consumer countries such as India, with their climates, they could get far far higher yields of cereals vs pulses. So therefore it was cheaper to import pulses and grow their own wheat. And in the meantime, wheat prices have gone up much more than pea prices. Shouldn't the disparity be even more true now?

Or does the world just have a glut of pulses because of the high fertilizer prices, and in responses to last years high pulse prices, and this glut has to work through the system?

Comment

But we need you Larry... you will prolong OUR mental health... unfortunately at the cost of yours (hopfully not) 😉
                  love the emails everyday

Comment

If the market don’t want em , we ain’t growing them . That’s my analysis 🤓
                    Greens have become finicky to grow , more susceptible to root rots compared to yellows and can be hard to move at the best of times .

Comment

Peas have not really made any great advances in yield since pre harvest and pre seed burnoff took the perennial weeds out?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        Peas have not really made any great advances in yield since pre harvest and pre seed burnoff took the perennial weeds out?
                        Gone backwards here by 15 bus over the past 8 years . Even on longer rotations

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          Gone backwards here by 15 bus over the past 8 years . Even on longer rotations
                          Amen…

Here is the Pulse Market Analysis:

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                            Amen…

Here is the Pulse Market Analysis:

From Alberta Pulse

Happy Marketing!

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post
                              We are 40 cents delivered to Lajord, Saint Gregor and Kindersley.
                              Thanks dave

Comment

What’s happening with green peas lately?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.