• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PP new Conservative leader

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Canada elects liberal govts 2 out of 3 times. Governed by them 2/3rds of our history.
    Making a Conservative govt a protest vote by Central Canada. A broom to make the Liberals new again.
    Doesn't matter today. The Prince has 3 more years. A lot can happen.
    Then PP for a max of 7 and back to 10 years of what central Canada and the ever left of center liberal/NDP.
    Power is not equal.
    It will not matter.
    Liberals deem themselves canadas naturally ruling party. Like you alluded they rule so long until their hubris gets the best of them. Periodically they bring in the NDP CCF or Progressives to hold power only to take them down with them when the tide turns. Wash rinse repeat. Trudeau and Singh will screw things up even more trying to hold power to the end. Polivierre will have time to cultivate the centre more so I think. In the meantime with Kenney gone the will in Alberta will be there along with Saskatchewan to firewall our provinces. If conservatives get in too soon this will be put on the back burner again.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
      Kenney gone the will in Alberta will be there along with Saskatchewan to firewall our provinces. If conservatives get in too soon this will be put on the back burner again.
      Personally, I am cheering for the liberals and NDP to stay in power as long as possible, for the exact reason you just stated.
      Nothing will change if an actual conservative gets elected.
      The raping and pillaging of the West and the resource sectors will continue unabated, but at least they will be more polite about it, and it will delay the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Personally, I am cheering for the liberals and NDP to stay in power as long as possible, for the exact reason you just stated.
        Nothing will change if an actual conservative gets elected.
        The raping and pillaging of the West and the resource sectors will continue unabated, but at least they will be more polite about it, and it will delay the inevitable.
        Almost swear Kenney was a federalist plant or something. I am not a separatist by any means but I’m a westerner and we need provincial governments which stick up for the provinces and not kiss hole to the feds. Don’t have to be extremist wackos but just stand up and protect what you represent.

Comment

Harper was a federalist plant too and you probably voted for him? LOL

Do you think a Prime Minister Poilievre will encourage the provinces of perennial discontent to separate and break up the country?

Did he run on breaking up the country?

What are you guys smokin over their in the land of milk and money?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
            295,000 voted for Poilievre. Not even all the members his campaign signed up voted for him (over 300.000) That is a long way from the number of votes needed for Conservatives to win federally.

Poilievre whose campaign was an attack ad against Trudeau, yet you are now worried about Liberal attacks on him given he has won the leadership? He set himself up for those attacks with crazy policy and associations.

The really sad part is instead of voting for a government we want, Canadians are being told to vote against a personality. A sure fire way to get what you don't want.
            Good article in the National Post by Tristen Hopper:”FIRST READING:Poilievre didn’t just win the leadership, he really, really(really) won”

“Against a personality”? Trudeau and his woke moronic policies is more than a personality! It was his lineage that got him the job, let’s be realistic!

So the present Liberal government was voted in by just under 20% of eligible voters, you think that is what Canadians want?

Comment

"The more you have the more others want to take from you". Human nature.
              So I'm gonna agree.
              Yes, we are in the land of milk and money. For now. And anyone who wants to take without earning it should really be looking down a barrel.
              I do not hate, or feel ashamed of where I live. Any individual disturbed enough to do so can leave for better parts.
              Just hired a guy from the Island.
              Loves the freedom and cheaper living here. Self employed too.
              Just the guy Chuck hates and just the kind we need. If you're not happy here, move. Chuck.

Comment

Chuck is the ultimate gatekeeper, keeping the country from tapping its true potential, regulating it to death.

Comment

I definitely acknowledge we could do ever better on investing for the future.
                  I believe a start would be to stop giving to those who just take. No future there.
                  How many ways are there to say "f off"?

Comment

The provinces have powers they can take control of from the feds but choose not to for cost and convenience. Think Chuck being Chuck jumps down our throats calling separatist when we mention taking these powers back. It’s pure conditioned response. Dog whistles go both ways. Can understand weaker provinces do not have the means to do this but for us out here I feel it is imperative we do it to maintain what we have. It’s not about getting in pissing matches with the feds but it is about we are able to take care of ourselves and not have a completely different culture controlling us. Just as Quebec is insulated through their arrangement with Ottawa our western provinces are a different world from central Canada and must be protected. Doesn’t mean we are separatists any more than we roll over and let the feds do whatever they want to us.

Comment

Hey chuck, hows that MMT going for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	cvvv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	773794

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                        Good article in the National Post by Tristen Hopper:”FIRST READING:Poilievre didn’t just win the leadership, he really, really(really) won”

“Against a personality”? Trudeau and his woke moronic policies is more than a personality! It was his lineage that got him the job, let’s be realistic!

So the present Liberal government was voted in by just under 20% of eligible voters, you think that is what Canadians want?
                        Hamloc:
                        Actually 62.3% of eligible voters voted and 32.62% of the votes were for Liberals = 20.3%
                        62.3% of eligible voters cast 33.74% for Conservatives = 21.0% (not significantly different!)
                        Really, is Conservatives what Canadians really want either?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          The provinces have powers they can take control of from the feds but choose not to for cost and convenience. Think Chuck being Chuck jumps down our throats calling separatist when we mention taking these powers back. It’s pure conditioned response. Dog whistles go both ways. Can understand weaker provinces do not have the means to do this but for us out here I feel it is imperative we do it to maintain what we have. It’s not about getting in pissing matches with the feds but it is about we are able to take care of ourselves and not have a completely different culture controlling us. Just as Quebec is insulated through their arrangement with Ottawa our western provinces are a different world from central Canada and must be protected. Doesn’t mean we are separatists any more than we roll over and let the feds do whatever they want to us.
                          Very well written post 👍👍

Comment

Gosh elections aren’t determined on popular support. The naive assumptions of this here a funny. I’m directing this at lefties and righties alike. It is who riles up enough to go vote for them at election time. That is why political science is a fickle one like economics. Makes for great conversations and humbling moments afterwards.

Comment

Cant wait for the attack ads on PP. An orphaned child raised by a same sex couple in lower income calgary rises to become an MP now married to a latina wife who escaped communism in Venezuela. For sure white supremecist there.

Makes Trudeau look like the silver spooned loser he always was.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                                Hamloc:
                                Actually 62.3% of eligible voters voted and 32.62% of the votes were for Liberals = 20.3%
                                62.3% of eligible voters cast 33.74% for Conservatives = 21.0% (not significantly different!)
                                Really, is Conservatives what Canadians really want either?
                                So PP doesn't have to swing any of the voters who are happy with Mr Trudeau.
                                He just needs to get more of the 80% that didn't vote for JT.
                                But the way our system is set up how many more does he have to get to win?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.