• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola 60 bushel swath!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola 60 bushel swath!!!

But going 35 !!!!! Needed less heat and more rain but it’s only our farm I am sure . 😢

Had some like that too. Could hardly put through the lexion and ran 27 bpa. Lots are disappointed with canola yields here. Is yours by chance an invigor?

Comment

Sounds like thats the case allll over the place.. last bit of flowers likely got blasted off taking 15 bushels with it. Then if it was swathed anywhere under 70% seed color change in the heat that took another 5...
      Welllll atleast the price should go up? In... may..
      But but but
      Canada ag said its gonna be a great big harvest!

Comment

Proven 680

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
          But going 35 !!!!! Needed less heat and more rain but it’s only our farm I am sure . 😢

Much the same east and south of here
          But the satellite pictures showed all 60 bushel canola from space the experts said so
          I guess the satellites don’t see all the blanks ….. go figure eh , who woulda thought

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            But the satellite pictures showed all 60 bushel canola from space the experts said so
            I guess the satellites don’t see all the blanks ….. go figure eh , who woulda thought

What Satellite picture showed 60 bpa?

Comment

Big swath lots of straw and running about half to maybe two thirds of what it looks like.

Comment

[ATTACH]11032[/ATTACH

In 2022 STATSCAN is Satellite based - Ag Can used 37.7 bpa for SK.

Crop reporters say 34 bpa - Take away the drought year - crop reporters under estimate 7.7 bpa

I eat live breathe this sh it every day. Farmers only get 50% of the information they need.
                Buyers know what acres are seeded because of sales/input sales and returns and they talk to each other.
                If any one is using the original seeded acres from STATCAN farm phone calls in March - they need their head read.

If you plugged in 41.7 into the SK production estimates and the real seeded acres; like traders are doing - you would sh it at the number.

For the record Furrow, I've counted kernels on wheat heads from a Satellite picture that orbits at 705 km; but no one uses that tech yet ...and i say yet...because it is coming. Today's model is vegetative health based on a program that has data back to 1987.

How many farmers in your area under 37.7 bpa canola and how many over?
                30 and 50 is a 40 bpa average.

I don't want to fight - take the emotion out of the equation and look at the spreadsheet i just posted...Take away the drought year and this will be the lowest canola bpa posted in 4 years... STATSCAN never called it a bumper... in fact i don't think anyone did. Not even the fat lawyer child...

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                  [ATTACH]11032[/ATTACH

In 2022 STATSCAN is Satellite based - Ag Can used 37.7 bpa for SK.

Crop reporters say 34 bpa - Take away the drought year - crop reporters under estimate 7.7 bpa

I eat live breathe this sh it every day. Farmers only get 50% of the information they need.
                  Buyers know what acres are seeded because of sales/input sales and returns and they talk to each other.
                  If any one is using the original seeded acres from STATCAN farm phone calls in March - they need their head read.

If you plugged in 41.7 into the SK production estimates and the real seeded acres; like traders are doing - you would sh it at the number.

For the record Furrow, I've counted kernels on wheat heads from a Satellite picture that orbits at 705 km; but no one uses that tech yet ...and i say yet...because it is coming. Today's model is vegetative health based on a program that has data back to 1987.

How many farmers in your area under 37.7 bpa canola and how many over?
                  30 and 50 is a 40 bpa average.

I don't want to fight - take the emotion out of the equation and look at the spreadsheet i just posted...Take away the drought year and this will be the lowest canola bpa posted in 4 years... STATSCAN never called it a bumper... in fact i don't think anyone did. Not even the fat lawyer child...
                  Agree for sure , but many areas they thought would be great are not even close . Meota to Turtleford are very good
                  Just saying canola from road or satellite don’t see the main stem blanks like the guys in the seats
                  Yup some great areas , but dryness and heat took a huge toll satellites can’t see , yet

Comment

10-15 miles south east , 30 bus canola ((25-40)
                    Here , 35-55
                    Meota 50-60
                    All looked the same on vegetative maps end July basically

All look the same swath today

Comment

Satellites can’t pick this out ….. yet

Main stem blanks kill yield
                      I live and breath this stuff too , from the ground though lol

Comment

Same with wheat , 35 SE of here , 55 here , and huge NW
                        All looked the same
                        The volume was identical , heads were not
                        Fuel useage was identical as well , that’s what really hurts

Comment

I live and breath this stuff too , from the ground though lol
                          You sell seed - do you know how many acres were seeded in SK? Most everyone in the seed biz knows. How many farmers seeded more acres than they told STATSCAN in March. It was an insurance play - but the end result was the same.

North Battleford NDVI index was never in the same league as Meota, Turtleford or Payton ..wasnt even close actually.

I used to drive 12K during the summer...now just look at pictures ...count heads ... compare indexes and can cover more satellite ground than i ever did in a vehicle.
                          AI will be doing the counts by 2025.

And just in case you doubt the S&D's - I'll let Wheatking chime in on this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-09-09 205632.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	773778

Funds added 3461 contracts to their short to total 29,949 contracts. China just bought 4 months worth of seed in three weeks - covered until 2023.

There is a huge moisture problem right now - but many won't notice until next June/July.
                          Next June/July will be year 6 of the drought...

Name:	drought.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	773779

Seen any of these while you were on the ground?

Name:	crack.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	773780

Comment

Agree for sure , but many areas they thought would be great are not even close . Meota to Turtleford are very good
                            Just saying canola from road or satellite don’t see the main stem blanks like the guys in the seats
                            Yup some great areas , but dryness and heat took a huge toll satellites can’t see , yet
                            U are more right than u know. We had a lot of fields pegged at 50-60 and they ain’t making anywhere near that. Too much heat In July did it in. Not enuf subsoil. Some guys are doing alright but it depends a great deal on what kind of crop was grown last year and if u won the rain lottery this year

Comment

Well I do a *** of a lot more than sell seed lol
                              Not disagreeing with you at all , totally respect everything you’ve done and still are 👍
                              It was the last western producer article I was referring to actually .
                              Yup ground is very dry , a rain next Tuesday will be welcome in many areas
                              Take a breath , not arguing, just giving point of view from in the seat , on weigh wagon , scaled carts through out this area
                              Many areas different
                              That big rain event in June had huge impact in yields here . Up to 20 bus/ac on the same 1/2 section north to south
                              And agree totally, it’s extremely dry and our inputs are going up crazy daily it seems .
                              Probably will be an average canola crop . A lot of big crop areas , never said it would not . Just that some big crop areas , it’s not there , and marginal rain areas are far less than expected. Have not put out a projected yield , but a lot of areas will not be what they should . Zero subsoil and lack of rain at a very critical time are making for disappointments
                              Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 9, 2022, 21:31.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...