• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Friday Frost of 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Friday Frost of 2022

It is Plus 2 posted right now in Regina. That will mean a touch of frost in low-lying areas and the countryside. Tomorrow night (Friday night) zero is predicted. I am interested to hear the frost report today and tomorrow.

0 at 5:30 now plus 1

Comment

How sensitive is canola around 0deg? Because there are guys with still green fields around here.

Looks like 2 nights of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        How sensitive is canola around 0deg? Because there are guys with still green fields around here.

Need -4 or -5 for a few hours.

Comment

Plus five the coldest I saw. Considering how late seeding happened, maturity of most crops means even with a frost, there wouldn’t be much damage. We shall see what tonight holds.

Comment

I have had canola get smashed with an observed low of plus two. It’s extremely sensitive. 0 degrees in the field if it is green? It’s toast.

Comment

2.9 here last night

Comment

Any watery seeds will be toast after an hour of zero. But zero will not lock in green of hard seeds usually but will cause a change in colour of the seed coats. Colder than zero, obviously damage gets worse with green becoming locked in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.