• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullish or Bearish Canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullish or Bearish Canola?

Are you Bullish or Bearish Canola in the next 2 to 4 weeks?

4 to 8 Weeks?

Bearish 2-4
    Sideways 4-8
    Bullish in the new year
    Last edited by Sodbuster; Sep 8, 2022, 17:01.

Comment

Sold enough to have the bags all cleaned up before the snow hits. Harvest glut is in full motion and it’s a bad time to sell for the next two months. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
        Bearish 2-4
        Sideways 4-8
        Bullish in the new year
        My feelings as well. It’s wait and see as cereals we have a better idea where things are but canola at farm level is a crap shot where yields are let alone prairie wide. Winnipeg market trying to kill the price in hopes when it rockets back it won’t be so high as before. China needs to get back into the market before things turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          My feelings as well. It’s wait and see as cereals we have a better idea where things are but canola at farm level is a crap shot where yields are let alone prairie wide. Winnipeg market trying to kill the price in hopes when it rockets back it won’t be so high as before. China needs to get back into the market before things turn around.
          China was in the market in the past three/four weeks and is done until 2023.
          Thank everyone for the export sales reporting...

Comment

I will tell you after Saturday morning

Comment

It will be much worse when the exporters (who are all building crush facilities) limit exports to support their crush plants and beautiful margins. Saw some place current crush margins $220 ton - why export when those margins are available. We can only hope the crush capacity gets over built.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-08 200746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	773771

Regina has an airport; you get 11 models...

Comment

Our overnight temp keeps dropping for Saturday morning, was at 7 , then 3 , now 1

Not surprisingly for here now
                  Plus 1 is a -2 north of town
                  Won’t hurt anything at this point here
                  Actually expected with the full moon 🌕

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Will have zero effect on markets if there is a frost or not at this time , 2 weeks ago maybe .

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                      [ATTACH]11027[/ATTACH]

Regina has an airport; you get 11 models...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-09 081909.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	773774

Another watch tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Will have zero effect on markets if there is a frost or not at this time , 2 weeks ago maybe .
                        Lots of green standing canola here.

Comment

The canola market seems to be ignoring the broader us grain markets. Soybeans wheat and corn have all rallied since putting in significant lows earlier this summer. Especially King corn which conventional wisdom says should lead the rest of the grains, although I'm not really convinced that that axiom holds true.
                          Meanwhile canola futures keep eroding even relative to soybeans and soy oil and crush margins.

Is this the hangover of the fact that producers were gun shy to presale very much production this year after last year's disaster and the poor start to this crop year? Now with decent crops on the way in most areas, everyone who will need to sell for cash flow or bin space at harvest, are finding themselves forced to sell all at once into the harvest happy hour?

I was under the impression that the premium that had been in the canola market due to last year's drought and whether earlier this year has long since been priced out, but the market seems to disagree with that.
                          At today's values, I would assume that the crush margins for canola would be much more profitable than soybeans, went from a premium to a discount.

Comment

The negative economic conditions are pulling the grain markets down…

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                              The negative economic conditions are pulling the grain markets down…

Must be more government jobs available in Quebec..

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...