• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
    Over here in northern central alberta things are progressing nicely but canola yields are wayyyyy lower than expected. Big heavy crops that looked like 50-60 are 30-40. Heat did alot more damage than people thought. Wheat yields are good but nothing incredible.
    Hahhaha i like that post about statscan not needing to call about yields because all the info is right here..
    I very much agree. But mainly.. all of your yield data ( climate fieldview, deere.etc) gets sold to the grain companies. They have a better idea of yields in the area than we do.

WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY.
    Exactly right. Things look better than the end result this year. Too hot for some crops

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
      Canola is turning faster than any year I've ever seen. I wouldn't criticize anyone for swathing too early,,, because if you wait 36 hours, it might be too ripe! Ya, I get if you swath early you will get smaller seed.
      If you open the ripe standing pods that usually have those big jumbo seeds,,, well this year the seeds are avg at best, many small seeds in ripe standing pods. It's ripening way too fast. Canola yield is not going to be anywhere, where many thought. Hold tight with your sales.
      Also noticing the pods are not full.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        jazz it’s to dry in some areas to work
        Come south between 6 and 33. Different world. All the durum was seeded first week in June. 5 day swathed durum after a bunch of hot days was still testing 15 yesterday.

Comment

hey it’s easy don’t deliver **** them with their attitude.
          $8.42 dollar drop since the high. all on the buyers betting on a big crop and ****ing farmers with the billshit harvest pressure.
          take the cash advance bin it and **** them.

canola will be smaller for sure yields i’m getting are guys aren’t that happy the big one isn’t there.

it seemed so close but didn’t happen

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
            Canola is turning faster than any year I've ever seen. I wouldn't criticize anyone for swathing too early,,, because if you wait 36 hours, it might be too ripe! Ya, I get if you swath early you will get smaller seed.
            If you open the ripe standing pods that usually have those big jumbo seeds,,, well this year the seeds are avg at best, many small seeds in ripe standing pods. It's ripening way too fast. Canola yield is not going to be anywhere, where many thought. Hold tight with your sales.
            Dry down has been TOO fast, needs a cooler 2 weeks not a low humidity BLAST furnace. Standing will make no diff. Late stuff if no frost might be better. Every seed is smaller= less yields. Millions $$ lost.

Comment

Harvest just getting going in this area, 80% of our barley done, yields in the 80’s? Plugged up both combines last night in green barley straw, still pulling straw out of our 9230 this morning. We’ve only done 10% of our wheat, sprayed the last 5 quarters yesterday. 60% of our oats is off, yields so far a average at about 140. Canola 60% swathed with 40% left that should of been done yesterday. Been down one swather for 3 days now, needing a O-ring that no Macdon dealers stock so still waiting for it to be shipped from Winnipeg. Hypower and Peerless have nothing to match up. Other than that everything is just peachy.

Comment

Saw a guy buying a 3/4in hydraulic fitting so he could get the o-ring.

Crazy times.

Comment

just sunk the sprayer fun times of course by the grid for all to see.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      You have some really heavy canola crops!

Comment

Hopefully done wheat in a couple hours. Above average on one farm and average on other fields. Tried out some Viewfield for the first time. Has potential for yield but afraid protein nowhere near my old Splendour. Rained enough the hills produced decent. Oats and barley kinda so so. Not bad but nothing to brag about. Hope to tie into canola tonight. Looks nice enough but I’ve been disappointed and amazed. Sure some nice looking stands around but equally messy shitty ones too. Liberty canola needs more than liberty to control thistles this year lol. I did eclipse on all my canola and sure glad I did looking at neighbours who didn’t. I’ve come to the realization I wish I could burn the swather and send it to Inland. Haven’t used it for more than canola last number of years but thought I’d wack oats and barley to speed the show up. Stuff fell through the stubble and was hard to pick up. Last two years we’ve managed to straight cut wheat without preharvest glyphosate. Will be spraying every acre after harvest to deal with thistles and foxtail. Never did any fungicide and wonder if I should’ve done a side by side even though plants had no apparent disease pressure. Figured my fertility budget on cereals was a bit scotch like my ancestors and fungicide was kind of pointless. Shoulda woulda coulda. Clovers I underseeded in the greenfeed are coming on nicely. Should have a good chance to make winter. Hope the stuff grows some nitrogen and brings up some subsoil nutrients. I thought I’d drop a line from nw Sask.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          Hopefully done wheat in a couple hours. Above average on one farm and average on other fields. Tried out some Viewfield for the first time. Has potential for yield but afraid protein nowhere near my old Splendour. Rained enough the hills produced decent. Oats and barley kinda so so. Not bad but nothing to brag about. Hope to tie into canola tonight. Looks nice enough but I’ve been disappointed and amazed. Sure some nice looking stands around but equally messy shitty ones too. Liberty canola needs more than liberty to control thistles this year lol. I did eclipse on all my canola and sure glad I did looking at neighbours who didn’t. I’ve come to the realization I wish I could burn the swather and send it to Inland. Haven’t used it for more than canola last number of years but thought I’d wack oats and barley to speed the show up. Stuff fell through the stubble and was hard to pick up. Last two years we’ve managed to straight cut wheat without preharvest glyphosate. Will be spraying every acre after harvest to deal with thistles and foxtail. Never did any fungicide and wonder if I should’ve done a side by side even though plants had no apparent disease pressure. Figured my fertility budget on cereals was a bit scotch like my ancestors and fungicide was kind of pointless. Shoulda woulda coulda. Clovers I underseeded in the greenfeed are coming on nicely. Should have a good chance to make winter. Hope the stuff grows some nitrogen and brings up some subsoil nutrients. I thought I’d drop a line from nw Sask.
                          Finished our peas and wheat…

Now on to Canola!

Safe Harvest! Cheers

Comment

0 at 5:30 Am

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                              Want better prices … quit posting yields!!!!!!!

Stats scan won’t need to call … it’s all right here.

They aren’t looking at the 20 bu it’s the 70 and 45 you got.

Again farmers shoot themselves in the foot.

Might sound like an ass, but everyone complaining isn’t going to solve anything when numbers get published. They can screw their satellite BS … it doesn’t work.

How about the guys who got 10 canola and 15 wheat???
                              That was yields in some areas around here. Then 20 miles south of me they were a bin buster with 40+ bpa.

Roll the dice and give her another try next year!

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...