• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kochia!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kochia!!!!!!!

Man we have some bad spots! What is working for other? Thinking of putting some edge on this fall? Or is there something better?

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
    Man we have some bad spots! What is working for other? Thinking of putting some edge on this fall? Or is there something better?
    I would say on the bad areas and a bit around them use Edge ahead of canola, fierce ahead of wheat and lentils and authority supreme immediately after peas are seeded and rolled.

Comment

So should a guy disk these bad spots first so black dirt is showing? Then harrow edge or spray? Never used edge before?

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
        So should a guy disk these bad spots first so black dirt is showing? Then harrow edge or spray? Never used edge before?
        You will be happier with edge in the spring imo.

Comment

I had a several large kochia patches that I could not seem to get under control. Last fall when they were still green I swathed them and baled them to feed to the cows. I didnt till the ground and just sprayed valtera last fall. The 1 patch was about 8 acres roughly and Only a handful of kochia were seen in that whole patch.

it was seeded to HRSW this spring.
          Last edited by Rinker; Sep 7, 2022, 00:11.

Comment

Ahead of clearfield canola or lentils, Edge is pretty well a must to provide any sort of kochia control. If we get excessive rain the Edge will fade out by early summer and have regrowth. For peas and now wheat, Authority has been a game changer. We spray the whole field ahead of peas and spot spray the usual bad spots ahead of wheat. Authority works very well to keep kochia at bay.

Comment

Planted TruFlex canola on a field that had some bad patches. Gave those patches a good shot of Transorb a few days after bolting/early flowering for final pass and got great control, now swathing it.

Agree, Authority works great with a timely rain. Needs moisture to activate properly. Used it for peas and flax crops. Check your crop rotation for the following year though.
              Last edited by beaverdam; Sep 7, 2022, 09:18.

Comment

Truflex canola
                2 passes
                1st @.8 L/ac
                2nd as late as possible @ .5L/ ac.

Pre- burn probably not necessary with that much chernobyl...

Comment

All I’m going to say is whatever you use she’s $20-30 ac
                  Getting beyond ridiculous.
                  This crop was cheap to plant to what’s coming.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                    Truflex canola
                    2 passes
                    1st @.8 L/ac
                    2nd as late as possible @ .5L/ ac.

Pre- burn probably not necessary with that much chernobyl...
                    Truflex allows you to use high rates, my second pass was a full 360g/ac, crop was bolting/starting to bloom, no harm to crop.

Comment

Only thing that seems to have much of an effect here anymore is group 14's. 30ml Aim with ~90ml of Authority preburn, then hope like hell you have a competitive crop. If a non-competitive crop like we've had the last couple years, you just get used to rumbling the rotten bastards through the combine.

Edge likely works better in areas that tend to have more competitive crops as well as more dependable moisture in the spring regardless of fall or spring application. Here, it seems like a stupid expensive application for piss poor results... That said, It's still better than nothing as can certainly be noticed with any misses. Yellow Mustard has zero in crop broadleaf control options, so I've gone 10lb's of micro-active edge as well as 88-90ml of Authority, and still harvested a weedy mess.

Comment

Anyone got any suggestions on kochia control in your yard and in pastures without killing the grass?

It is brutal down here in my neck of the woods . Thinking group 14 chemicals will kill the grass also?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                          Anyone got any suggestions on kochia control in your yard and in pastures without killing the grass?

It is brutal down here in my neck of the woods . Thinking group 14 chemicals will kill the grass also?

Thanks in advance.
                          Glean!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ry0972 View Post
                            Glean!!!!
                            HaHA . Where in the hell do you find that stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                              HaHA . Where in the hell do you find that stuff?

On my last bottle!!!! Been using it sparingly the last 2 years!!
                              Should have done the yard at a higher rate last fall as it got wild around the bins and buildings this year..
                              Looking for something to use when I am out.
                              I think fierce and authority supreme will be good.
                              But not sure how a heavy rate may affect trees in the yard??
                              Around bins and buildings I think you could go triple rate and not kill grass? may stunt it but that would be a positive anyway

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...