• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre harvest with airplanes….

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre harvest with airplanes….

Needs to be banned.

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Needs to be banned.
    Yeah they are going like nuts around here for past 3 weeks.

3 gal per acre pre harvest from the sky, cant see that working very well. My neighbor sprayed twice last yr 10 gal/ac with the HC right into the canopy and it still took 3 weeks to cure.

We got the swather out this week, its guaranteed to work.

Comment

It works excellent. So excellent that the drift onto my hay wiped it out. The drift onto MY trees I leave intact as a corridor for wildlife and hunting are dead. In a few years they will just be a tangled mess that animals will shun.

Folks. Watch the wind. Pay attention to the neighbors is all I ask. It’s not all about you. Some of us grow hay and actually appreciate and love nature. A few acres of dead trees fo you probably makes you chortle in happiness, but it matters to me, my family, my kids.

When it’s windy, spray around your yards. Thank you.

Comment

It works excellent. So excellent that the drift onto my hay wiped it out. The drift onto MY trees I leave intact as a corridor for wildlife and hunting are dead. In a few years they will just be a tangled mess that animals will shun.

Folks. Watch the wind. Pay attention to the neighbors is all I ask. It’s not all about you. Some of us grow hay and actually appreciate and love nature. A few acres of dead trees fo you probably makes you chortle in happiness, but it matters to me, my family, my kids.

When it’s windy, spray around your yards. Thank you.
        Well said Sheepwheat. And those selfish, and thoughtless farmers doing it will be mad when stricter regulations fall into place. It's the old saying, a couple rotten apples eventually spoil the entire barrel.

Comment

The pilots should know better.

Comment

Planes constant here to

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
              The pilots should know better.
              Correct me if im wrong here..but shouldnt PMRA be approving some chem for drones? I dont follow the logic how preharvest with Roundup at 100 mph can be allowed ( glufosinate is now allowed to be applied in crop this year) but they seem to be dragging their feet on drones? Is there some sort of pushback by the big sprayer companies that clearly can see the benefits of drone spraying?
              I could spray 1 swipe all the way around every field then let a swarm of 3 or 4 drones knock the rest out.... seems logical?

Comment

Logic should be spray parameters by ground rig then by air if need be . Preferably by helicopter, far better drift control from what i have seen .
                And ffs , have more respect for your neighbours than yourself ,and don’t be selfish idiots to spray in winds that are not favourable.
                Lack of respect these days is getting far worse
                Gives everyone a black eye .
                Ignorance and selfishness should not have a place in farming

Send them a big bill sheepwheat
                Last edited by furrowtickler; Sep 5, 2022, 16:17.

Comment

Needs to be banned.
                  That’s like saying all guns should be banned , let’s not “shoot ourselves in the foot “
                  Send them a big bill

Comment

Needs to be banned.
                    "That operator" needs to be banned !

Operators with so little regard, that you would lose hay ground or trees, needs to receive a Very Large Bill indeed. He can take it up with "his insurance" provider.

Comment

IMHO airplanes are a good way to apply insecticide quick on a lot of acres.

OK for fungicides if they use enough water as who knows what got sprayed and what got missed.

Herbicide can bring big lawsuits. The best used to say they wouldn't do it.
                      But they weren't buying million $ turboprop's.

They need the turboprop's to put on the water to provide good service.....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Yeah they are going like nuts around here for past 3 weeks.

3 gal per acre pre harvest from the sky, cant see that working very well. My neighbor sprayed twice last yr 10 gal/ac with the HC right into the canopy and it still took 3 weeks to cure.

We got the swather out this week, its guaranteed to work.
                        I’m confused
                        Wasn’t that you that said you couldn’t imagine anyone laying canola on the ground last week , or am I mistaken ?

Comment

Sounds to me it's the operators fault not the farmers fault. Be it by air or ground, it's up the the operator to make sure there is no drift. No need to ban the practice, there are ways to prevent drift.

Comment

Planes going hard on canola past couple days. Choppers are better imho. Thought it was windy enough when they were doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                              Planes going hard on canola past couple days. Choppers are better imho. Thought it was windy enough when they were doing it.
                              40-60 k winds here since noon

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...