• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go time

HRS harvest starting. Some sprayed some not. We choose not to spray. Beans starting to show signs of maturity, some canola almost swath ready although not many swath anymore.
    Last edited by agstar77; Sep 2, 2022, 05:19.

My wheat could be later than anticipated. Burning isn't turning.
    Reluctantly spraying as am even more reluctant to swath. Hoping for a good Sept.

Comment

Windy dry day here , wheat all dry and ready
      Water trucks on standby

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
        HRS harvest starting. Some sprayed some not. We choose not to spray. Beans starting to show signs of maturity, some canola almost swath ready although not many death anymore.
        Oh you are talking about harvest, I though go time might be go for your fifth shot of gene juice.

Comment

This is where agstar says myob.

Comment

Problems with tough straw. Moisture causing issues.

Comment

Got oats done and hopefully finish barley today. All swathed mind you. Hopefully wheat goes tomorrow. Think it’ll be ready. Didn’t fungicide it and ripened a lot earlier than ones that was sprayed. Never did any preharvest glyphosate but will be out like a dirty shirt after to clean up. Foxtail and thistle has been a real problem this year. All the years I spent good money cleaning up fields and I swear it looks like I did nothing.

Comment

And oh boy has the wild oats ever become a gangster lately.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Oh you are talking about harvest, I though go time might be go for your fifth shot of gene juice.
                  it was a farming post FFS
                  thats why we're here
                  forget the covid shit

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    You need to shut off the swather for a pee break.

Look up at the clear dark harvest moonless night sky and find the left shoulder of Orion. That is the closest of your fixation on geuse you should want to observe. Go for it.

Comment

The CO2 worked well this year. Between lots of that and an abundance of sunshine, it looks we are going to get this late crop into the bin.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        The CO2 worked well this year. Between lots of that and an abundance of sunshine, it looks we are going to get this late crop into the bin.
                        Yes, and thankfully the smoke stayed away too.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          Yes, and thankfully the smoke stayed away too.
                          Guy on CBC yesterday said BC has had the least fires in 100 yrs.

But they quickly covered by saying it wasn't over yet and could still end very bad.

Guys with fire fighting equipment around here had very slow yr.

Comment

I bet the mushroom picking was successful too. Kinda surprising because we had more lightning and thunder this year than I ever remember.

Comment

Hrs 13.9 moist 13.9 protein. Cool and dry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...