• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good Morning its been a week of extreme heat and we need one more to get this one close to awesome. Total rainfall for the year since May 1 is 12 to 15 in. But still, the June 8 seeded Canola and June 6th Wheat need a week of more heat. Keeps growing. Total seeding for us in the month of May was like 5 or 6 days the rest were wet damp and rainy.

I love the BS with Christia, It maybe wasn't set up but these actors sure know how to play the sheep out east and the media just feeds the fire. Watch Skippy will take his walk in the sand and they are setting her up as a victum. This is her vs Pierre and you know the women will vote for poor little perogie and be screwed again. Lewis should have won and taken her and skippy out.

Ok, the Crop Report.

Sask on a whole will brag how they are ahead of the 5-year average and all is great yields are 50% higher than last year blah blah blah. Well if you had 5 lentils last year and 10 this year what a bumper. Don't get me wrong the east if it gets a decent fall and no frost for another 2 weeks will pull up the yields by huge amounts but we still need time and this is Canada the clock is ticking.

Wheat. Guys have started to shut wheat down in our area very few are swathing as with constant rain every week that just isn't working. We have a half section that is our earliest and poorest it should be ready by next week's crop report. The rest is getting shut down starting today. Wheat will have great yields in our area but I still think I won't break my ultimate goal of 100 for spring wheat. It will average very well across the farm. The last two sections seeded in early June are getting close but need for sure the week. From City to valley zero wheat was harvested.

Lentils are disappointing and water and lentils don't mix. Last time we grew them it was like this year ended up with very poor results. Most are just doing lentils now.

Peas are getting harvested and yields are good on fields that have not had peas for 8 years or more. It should be a rule and Sask pulse should be looking at that instead of pissing away the check-off money that we can't get back. Early fields harvested were the ones that just died at the end.

Barley getting swath that was seeded early and it's a very nice crop and big heads. Later is catching up nice and even if twisted is turning but second growth is coming. No harvesting yet but in 5 hot days it will be coming off.

Flax is starting to change and looks great.

Canary seed is so thick it's not even funny. Lodged and twisted could be interesting.

Canola is just getting sprayed and a few fields swath but very few in our area may be seen one on the 100-mile drive but the big hitter that pours the coals is getting very nice yields, not the 100 bpa but across the board real good. Most are pod shatter in our area no one pisses with the old varieties. Canola across the board will come in at 21.7 mt. Oh wow, it's up from last year, yes it is but again if you had 6 and went to 23 big deal it's up. But if you had 42 and its 65 that's the same 23 so an average of 46 for the province. The crop tour I did shows it's there in a drought I called it and in a drought rainy year ill call it. Prices are nose-diving faster than any other crop because the three buyers can play us. Remember last year the price couldn't go up because the info maybe isn't right we all knew what the crop was and it was shit. This year boom down it's time to **** the producer. If you were brave and locked in huge production and achieved that you are a big winner congratulations. The rest that got burnt last year are still licking their wounds.

Ok, ill say it, rain makes grain when it comes like this year an inch a week is like irrigation. May we were light compared to June July and August rains. Now excess rain makes mud and mud is a dud.

One note frost free till the 16th on Sept would be just great for the east and Manitoba. Drew has us till maybe the 12th so we are sliding for the home plate will we make it? Crops seeded later always are bigger yielding we just need climate change to actually happen and give us a nice open fall. We still farm in the northern fringe and WINTER IS COMING.

So for us, we are at 6.4% harvested and I would say that's the east side in general. The West side is like done in some locations.

Have a great harvest week and be safe.

TAKE CARE.

just a reminder how late this one might get if sprayed today harvest after the 14 th of sprayed 14 th harvest in october. october is snow any day. we have our work cut out for us.

fertilizer amonnia is down and almost decent for fall banding still high but hot spring high or early book high the rest are ****ing nuts.

so the excuse this year is europe isnt making so we’re shipping all we can to europe. well that’s nice our gas price is cheap so put a canada tarrif on all european sales of 40 % call it a JT carbon tax for canadian farmers and pay it back on our usage. because this is getting ****ing sick.
    Last edited by SASKFARMER; Sep 1, 2022, 07:13.

Comment

Just waiting for them to be open …

Comment

With a large canola crop coming good ol BASF will officially hike canola seed up 9.1%, and Liberty 7% higher. This was sent from a retailer to me yesterday.
        Another kick in the knackers. So book and pay early for the best savings …… absolute joke!

Even the retailer that sent me the text said “another rip off to the farmers”. I like this guy but maybe he should be standing up for us. They are making big dollars per bag on us, but no his head honchos above him won’t allow that to happen.

60 bu at $18 = I guess they can charge what they want.

If one thought this crop was expensive to grow, it will be cheap to whats coming in 23.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
            With a large canola crop coming good ol BASF will officially hike canola seed up 9.1%, and Liberty 7% higher. This was sent from a retailer to me yesterday.
            Another kick in the knackers. So book and pay early for the best savings …… absolute joke!

Even the retailer that sent me the text said “another rip off to the farmers”. I like this guy but maybe he should be standing up for us. They are making big dollars per bag on us, but no his head honchos above him won’t allow that to happen.

60 bu at $18 = I guess they can charge what they want.

If one thought this crop was expensive to grow, it will be cheap to whats coming in 23.
            Absolute BS I agree. Here is my question. I grew L 345 Invigor, I grew L506 and L509 from Pioneer and CS 4000 from Canterra, all Liberty link. I have swathed all but one field of Canterra. From the swather seat the 506 looks the best. The 345 a close second. The Canterra had the most hail damage but the plant still impressed me as it had the best seed pod depth and wasn’t quite as tall. So my question, getting Liberty herbicide was a problem, more so if you didn’t grow Invigor, will Liberty be easier or harder to get next year? Should I just tell Basf to take a walk and grow Roundup ready canola?

Comment

Guess I have to pay more carbon tax to get more rain!!! Only 6 inches all year crop looked awsome till 3 weeks ago. This heat didn't do any good for anything.

Comment

My retailer was pushing some stacked trait canola seed that cna be sprayed with either roundup or Liberty.

I told her to let some BTOs test that out first, I want Liberty.

If the virtue signalers are going to still be out stickin it to Putin until we are in a depression and eating crickets, I guess I will have to put lentils back into rotation next yr.

Comment

Got going in wheat again yesterday after short rain delay. Where there was moisture its really good. Where it burnt up its half of normal. New combine nowhere in sight so we continue with the claas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Absolute BS I agree. Here is my question. I grew L 345 Invigor, I grew L506 and L509 from Pioneer and CS 4000 from Canterra, all Liberty link. I have swathed all but one field of Canterra. From the swather seat the 506 looks the best. The 345 a close second. The Canterra had the most hail damage but the plant still impressed me as it had the best seed pod depth and wasn’t quite as tall. So my question, getting Liberty herbicide was a problem, more so if you didn’t grow Invigor, will Liberty be easier or harder to get next year? Should I just tell Basf to take a walk and grow Roundup ready canola?
                    This is a couple texts I got yesterday,

I’ve been hounding my BASF rep for the last 3 weeks as to what is happening with Liberty and Invigor canola costs for this fall. I finally found out about 30 minutes ago that Liberty costs will go up 7% come October 1st. BASF wouldn’t allocate us any Liberty from now until October 1st so all any retail will have to use is any current inventory in stock at this time. There isn’t much Liberty inventory around right now because of the huge glufosinate shortages this year. If you are interested in purchasing some Liberty before we get hit with the 7% increase let me know how much you are looking for and what size you prefer to use and I’ll get you a price on the inventory we still have here. I have not heard what is happening with Invigor canola seed costs yet. I go to Manitoba for an seed/chemical launch next week where I will find out more. I’ll try again to see if I can get seed pricing before next week. Thanks

Just received an email from our Head Office. They were told by BASF that Invigor seed costs will be up 9.1%. BASF has not given us our allocation of Invigor seed yet. Sounds like we should get 100% allocation based off of this past years seed sales. Sounds like they may start off giving us 78% seed allocation because they had some seed production fields hailed out. BASF is working on securing contra production right now. I think at the end of the day we will get lots of seed here. The problem will be getting the right varieties that everyone wants and the fact seed is going up 9.1%. Leave it up to BASF to rip everyone off by raising Liberty & Invigor costs that much. That’s a big increase on both seed and chemical.

Create a “so called” shortage make us buy early and of course pay for something we won’t have until who knows when, and at the end find product readily available. Kind of like when they find extra product in farmers bins that weren’t actually there months ago.
                    Quite the merry go round system we live in.

Comment

Comment

my last seeded canola field

Comment

Didn’t spray an acre of wheat. Was on its way out anyways but the last two days got it to where we could handle it. New wheats are a good 5-6 bpa behind old faithful. Will save some brandon for next year again.

Comment

green feed

Comment

Peas off, finish oats today.
                              Canola sprayed/ swathed.
                              Wheat mixed bag and stuff sprayed this weekend could be later depending on Sept. Oh well, every year the same in that there is always something different.

Since you mentioned politics.
                              Had to scream at the radio the farm news I've listened to in months.
                              Alberta Wheat being interviewed re govt fert cutback intentions.
                              On and on about how to meet the new regs. How to measure. How to establish guidelines blah blah blah. Like an obedient dog or court eunich.
                              How about this. Instead of debating how we're gonna get that round peg through a square hole, first a recheck of the concept. How we concluded it even. Did no one stand up and say " this won't fit" ?
                              Bibeau says non negotiable. So do I!!
                              When will people just start saying "no". It's like the govt mandating square dildos and butt plugs. And our industry and provincial politicians scrambling to make it work.
                              How about refusing cause it's wrong?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...