• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThePerfect Tomatoe Sandwich

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThePerfect Tomatoe Sandwich

Who has had one this year?

Fried green?

Comment

My wife made a mouthwatering toasted bacon and tomato sandwich for lunch today. Had homemade cream of broccoli soup to go with it.
      Everything home grown except the bacon and milk.

Comment

Yesterday.
        We pack a lunch bucket, and eat on the go...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fao3N1LWAAI9AAE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	773707

Comment

They need new boogie man every month to keep the talking heads pushing fear
            Keep your mask on lol

Comment

Next week potatoe flu?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                My wife made a mouthwatering toasted bacon and tomato sandwich for lunch today. Had homemade cream of broccoli soup to go with it.
                Everything home grown except the bacon and milk.
                What do you use on the broccoli to keep those cabbage worms off of it? I have been spraying with BT and it seems to have worked. Before I sprayed it was gross and full of worms. Full!
                Last edited by Sheepwheat; Aug 27, 2022, 22:15.

Comment

Back in the day, mother used to use an old nylon to cover cabbage and cauliflower so cabbage butterflies couldn’t get in to lay their eggs. That might work on broccoli too. I wonder what you actually sprayed on yours? Our yard is patrolled by two guinea hens from sunrise to sunset. I challenge any moving insect to survive around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                    What do you use on the broccoli to keep those cabbage worms off of it? I have been spraying with BT and it seems to have worked. Before I sprayed it was gross and full of worms. Full!
                    We have a row cover from Lee valley that covers all the vegetables that the insects are after.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Back in the day, mother used to use an old nylon to cover cabbage and cauliflower so cabbage butterflies couldn’t get in to lay their eggs. That might work on broccoli too. I wonder what you actually sprayed on yours? Our yard is patrolled by two guinea hens from sunrise to sunset. I challenge any moving insect to survive around here.
                      We used to have a dozen running around here. Funny birds they are.

I sprayed with BT. Which is that bacteria that kills caterpillars. It’s worked very well.
                      Last edited by Sheepwheat; Aug 28, 2022, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                        We have a row cover from Lee valley that covers all the vegetables that the insects are after.
                        That was my thought for next year. Thought I’d try building some frames with screening on them. Nothing like picking a gorgeous head and having it full of worms.

Comment

We made hoops with rebar and pex pipe to hold up the cover. The bottom edge is held to the ground with 1 inch tubing. Really nice getting cabbage without the worms!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                            Who has had one this year?
                            Yes, they've been especially delicious this year,,, as have been the peaches.

Comment

You guys got the dark green/brown tomatoes really tasty a old variety making a comeback last 2 years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...