Test Freeland Visit Test

Rural Issues

Tools

Freeland Visit

Test
blackpowder's Avatar Sep 4, 2022 | 09:02 91 And perception is double edged.
The Albertans that made the brand are a dying breed. I wish you could hear their stories. Reply With Quote

  • jazz's Avatar Sep 4, 2022 | 09:15 92
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Isn't it Albertans who like to put themselves above the rest of Canada because Alberta is the only province that works hard and contributes to Canada by the stroke of luck of sitting on large reserves of oil and gas?
    Stroke of luck, are you insane. Do you have any idea the engineering, ingenuity and capital it requires to extract oil and gas. Alberta isnt Saudi Arabia.

    And yes, ABs gdp per capital clearly states that people there are more productive than the rest of Canada. So they work harder and contribute an outsized portion of the countrys GDP and transfer payments relative to their size.

    And then shat on because of vindictive eastern bastards in power.

    Almost twice as productive as the Maritimes and 1.5 times than Quebec. Lets see how BC and Ontario hold up once their housing bubbles goes bust. Take away AB equalization contribution and every provinces GDP per capital falls another $5k.

    You have no idea what Canada actually is.

    Name:  gdppc.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  93.4 KB
    Last edited by jazz; Sep 4, 2022 at 09:23.
    Reply With Quote

  • Sep 4, 2022 | 21:23 93
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Stroke of luck, are you insane. Do you have any idea the engineering, ingenuity and capital it requires to extract oil and gas. Alberta isnt Saudi Arabia.

    And yes, ABs gdp per capital clearly states that people there are more productive than the rest of Canada. So they work harder and contribute an outsized portion of the countrys GDP and transfer payments relative to their size.

    And then shat on because of vindictive eastern bastards in power.

    Almost twice as productive as the Maritimes and 1.5 times than Quebec. Lets see how BC and Ontario hold up once their housing bubbles goes bust. Take away AB equalization contribution and every provinces GDP per capital falls another $5k.

    You have no idea what Canada actually is.

    Name:  gdppc.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  93.4 KB
    No reasoning with with idealists. Like telling a Christian god maybe doesn’t exist. Reply With Quote
    Sep 4, 2022 | 22:25 94
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Stroke of luck, are you insane. Do you have any idea the engineering, ingenuity and capital it requires to extract oil and gas. Alberta isnt Saudi Arabia.

    And yes, ABs gdp per capital clearly states that people there are more productive than the rest of Canada. So they work harder and contribute an outsized portion of the countrys GDP and transfer payments relative to their size.

    And then shat on because of vindictive eastern bastards in power.

    Almost twice as productive as the Maritimes and 1.5 times than Quebec. Lets see how BC and Ontario hold up once their housing bubbles goes bust. Take away AB equalization contribution and every provinces GDP per capital falls another $5k.

    You have no idea what Canada actually is.

    Name:  gdppc.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  93.4 KB
    you might as well reason with a doorknob Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Sep 5, 2022 | 06:43 95 So Alberta had about 15% of Canada's GDP based on an important and large resource sector. What about the other 85% from the rest of Canada? That's not important?

    As usual the oil centric think they are the most and only important part of Canada because their GDP contribution is above the Canadian average.

    It's like the neighbors who become rich because of a few oil wells into their freehold minerals, who suddenly decide they have worked harder and are smarter than everyone else. Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Sep 5, 2022 | 07:25 96 Let me explain the circle jerk economy versus export value driven economy. Toronto and BC rely on housing for their GDP. People selling houses to each other at higher and higher prices. Its called the FIRE economy Finance Insurance and Real Estate. It creates more debt than revenue.

    Same as the auto sector transferring parts back and for across the border 5 times.

    Now compare that to our number one export, thats oil...and grains, and potash, and lumber, and uranium and critical minerals and even electricity.

    Our exports are keeping our trade balance in check which keeps our currency solvent, and only 2 provinces are mostly responsible for that.

    How about taking an econ course. Reply With Quote

  • Sep 6, 2022 | 07:10 97 So no other provinces except Alberta have resources, manufacturing, agriculture and industries generating GDP and exports? Its only housing in Ontario, Quebec and BC? LOL

    Another stupid post from from Jazz the resident dingbat! Reply With Quote