• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Red trade deal won't take place till next year and USA farmers are pissed.

Let's just say I am fine if mine doesn't come don't really care I am looked after, So I don't drive X9s this year big Woop I will next year.

Now interesting today I drove north I can not believe how fast it's turning north of Leross all the way to Wynard. They are ahead of us but way thinner crop.

Comment

Big M deal means there is something like 10 X9’s for the rest of Saskatchewan dealers to sell. Not good. Be similar for the tractors etc.

Opens up red orders I guess.

Comment

Sorry, but I dont see the allure of a million dollar combine. There are tons of S780s out there with 1500 hrs and lots of life left. You could buy 3:1.

Imagine there are lots of red discounts out there now too.

Comment

Too “Green” for us? Just kidding, it would be too “ Delux”. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Sorry, but I dont see the allure of a million dollar combine. There are tons of S780s out there with 1500 hrs and lots of life left. You could buy 3:1.

Imagine there are lots of red discounts out there now too.
            I can combine the value of my machine in about three to four hours.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
              15.7 protein you have more N than you can use.
              That’s the truth but if he didn’t apply any nitrogen his yields would be lower. It’s funny in a weird sense. Your best dollar spent is 30 to 40 lbs n and 15 to 20 phos. After that it all depends on rain and sun whether how much extra pays.

Comment

Our three will arrive late October I made a change in options after last falls harvest and got put further back in the Q. DONT CARE IF THEy COME OR NOT.

Neighbour sent this this morning it was either in one of our field or there’s. Awesome big boy.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2C7D3BD4-D1CD-412C-A80A-13424734D8EB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	773702

Comment

Good day in the bly field.
                  Got a retired JD salesman to drive 1 9870..he had a big smile all day..
                  10% done..

Comment

Oh ya..pouring rain now..
                    Bly was 15.4..
                    Now 104...shit forecast 100% right for rain..
                    Last edited by Partners; Aug 26, 2022, 22:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      Oh ya..pouring rain now..
                      Bly was 15.4..
                      Now 104...shit forecast 100% right for rain..
                      Same here. Over an inch now.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        Good day in the bly field.
                        Got a retired JD salesman to drive 1 9870..he had a big smile all day..
                        10% done..
                        Have you heard any protein levels on malt samples anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          Have you heard any protein levels on malt samples anyone?
                          RP never even checked ours for protein.
                          Not going to be much with this rain.
                          55 lbs was good enough they said..

Comment

600ac peas done… 70 % of normal… so far.. looked like 90-100 % before we started.

The pea market is going to be short… as will canola… looks like wheat did the best going through the short precipitation summer… if we get showers for a week(not forecast) it would help Canola fill… if the next week is dry… will cut our Canola yield below normal… 300ac just swathed…

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

After next weeks heat there won’t be a lot of crop to harvest in the SW. Reports I’ve heard there isn’t much crop left to combine or won’t be much left in next week west of Assiniboia then into Gravelbourg.
                              Some guys finished a wk ago. 😮

Oh ya prices are plummeting because of this huge crop. We all know there is a “better” crop then last yr, but daaa there wasn’t one last yr for most.

Wake up everyone and don’t sell a bu till prices get back to last yrs levels. Heck everything else is at those levels again. Have had several phone calls and texts guys begging for product. Lentil crop is non existent and prices are . 20-25 cents less than last yr, and they are telling me yields are very low.

Wait till crop insurance has to start paying, they will blame us for their “unbalanced” budget like they did last yr.

Everyone a good safe harvest.

Over and out!!!!

Comment

These reports from very high yielding canola areas are disturbing. These places were not short of moisture unless the high heat did more damage than we thought.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...