• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guesstimating Yield in Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guesstimating Yield in Canola

Heard a good one, that measuring from where the pods start by grabbing fist over fist gives a good estimate of yield. 5 fists would be 50bpa. Obviously doesn't account for plant population. Anyone try this before?

Take your kid out there will small hands, could possibly have 80 booshel ta da aca.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      Heard a good one, that measuring from where the pods start by grabbing fist over fist gives a good estimate of yield. 5 fists would be 50bpa. Obviously doesn't account for plant population. Anyone try this before?
      5bu per fist not 10bu. But I guess the usual yield bullshitters might use 10...
      Last edited by Dr Tone; Aug 23, 2022, 08:34.

Comment

Not sure if flea beetles will hurt yield but cutter bar is solid with the little buggers.

Comment

So many pods bruised from hail, 30-50% will not make seed.

Comment

There are a few guys around looking at 60bu here, but real late. End of sept harvest.

But 40-50 seems likely on average.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              There are a few guys around looking at 60bu here, but real late. End of sept harvest.

But 40-50 seems likely on average.
              I was down in your country this past week. Yes those crops are late for that area but look decent. Holy lentils though. Al Slinkard would be proud of you guys.

Comment

I think Lentils have shown their true colours. Now we know why they quit growing them in Manitoba. No one here is getting close to an average crop. Ask Biglentil what he thinks of the lentil crop around here. He may change his name to Crappylentil😂 Hope not but 4 inch downpours that have no where to go make for rotten roots.
                Last edited by sumdumguy; Aug 23, 2022, 14:03.

Comment

Not sure but this heat is not helping yield where we are ! Ripening way to fast

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    I think Lentils have shown their true colours. Now we know why they quit growing them in Manitoba. No one here is getting close to an average crop. Ask Biglentil what he thinks of the lentil crop around here. He may change his name to Crappylentil😂 Hope not but 4 inch downpours that have no where to go make for rotten roots.
                    Lentils are oversold imo. Everyone ive talked to is disappointed with their lentil yields. Huts pulled the combines out of one half after about 40acres and quickly protilled the rest. It only gets worse the further south.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 23, 2022, 19:37.

Comment

No guessing here, just finished a half of canola. 24 bpa. Looked like a 50 from the road

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                        No guessing here, just finished a half of canola. 24 bpa. Looked like a 50 from the road
                        whats your general area ?
                        i think it will be the same here 6.5" rain coming out of a severe drought not enough

Comment

Davidson area , we have had less than 6 inches with no reserve .Go 10 miles south and they had over 8 inches which will be a game changer this year.

Comment

As the price falls..so does my yield..
                            Looks like 30..

Comment

I don’t know how things are outside of nw Sask but seemed to me a ways east of Battleford on 16 it looked tough until around Kenaston. After that it was okay. What’s with the super short stop signs in Kenaston? Midgets live there?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...