• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain price drop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
    Rain every couple or three days in varying amounts. Hope for a weather pattern change or it’s going to be a battle. Not pricing anything but I never do until it’s in the bin just too many things to go sideways in this pocket of the province.
    Yup I priced a durum crop after 160 acres into it one year. Didn't cost me because prices went up but it took until the next spring to get it.

Elevator and I worked through it. But I learnt my lesson.

Comment

Here is information of why prices are dropping:

The majority of the Midwest is in decent shape.

Geopolitical issues may be more important, like Ukraine and Taiwan (re China/US relationship)

Blessings and Salutations

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

Geopolitical issues may be more important, like Ukraine and Taiwan (re China/US relationship)

Jet stream next Thursday

Friday weather

Comment

Tom , probably better to just post the link for video. Way better understanding of weather patterns to watch video than a bunch of pictures.
          Ag Day is decent for sure
          Snodgrass and Pritchard give excellent short videos from Nutrien weather on YouTube and they are very accurate a least a week out
          Andrew Prichards prairie forecast every Monday morning is the best I have found . One quick 5-10 video once a week . Very detailed and has been excellent since I started watching this spring .
          A quick video link is way less clutter on here

Just a suggestion, all the best Tom 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Tom , probably better to just post the link for video. Way better understanding of weather patterns to watch video than a bunch of pictures.
            Snodgrass and Pritchard give excellent short videos from Nutrien weather on YouTube and they are very accurate a least a week out
            Andrew Prichards prairie forecast every Monday morning is the best I have found . One quick 5-10 video once a week . Very detailed and has been excellent since I started watching this spring .

These are pictures I load , no links available.

Cheers

Comment

How far are Midwest crops along? Just wondering if these rains will improve burned out wheat and corn crops. Beans maybe though. Follow a few guys on the net from all around the USA and maybe they all for some funny reason are in a localized drought where they are but their crops look forked. One I wonder about though is Russia if they have a truly massive crop but who really knows cause their track record on honesty isn’t too good. Saying logistically they can’t get it out with the war but makes me wonder if the pipeline is kind of not full.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Ag day program (screen shots) is a pretty good morning show on RFD tv.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                  How far are Midwest crops along? Just wondering if these rains will improve burned out wheat and corn crops. Beans maybe though. Follow a few guys on the net from all around the USA and maybe they all for some funny reason are in a localized drought where they are but their crops look forked. One I wonder about though is Russia if they have a truly massive crop but who really knows cause their track record on honesty isn’t too good. Saying logistically they can’t get it out with the war but makes me wonder if the pipeline is kind of not full.
                  The Corn in the US is largely past much weather effect... the soybeans like hot weather... this has sped them up, now with some rain they will fill. The folks in dry areas are hurting no doubt... but few dispute USDA yields very much... has anyone heard what western Canada Canola and wheat production numbers will be?

India 108mmt of wheat production now projected. Price of rice half of US price in Asia. Second highest Soy ending stocks globally the USDA was reported to have said.
                  Brazil big second crop corn 80mmt+
                  Nice Ausie crop coming...
                  EU is short... but being primarily winter crops... mostly yield was made in May/June.
                  With big Russian wheat and grain crops... the pressure is off for now... looks like...

We are desiccating wheat and peas now... Canola ready to swath next week the heat now will bring harvest on fast... Be Safe!

Blessings and Salutations.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    Took a nice tour a couple of weeks ago down through the western corn belt and along the Mississippi river (12 states). It is surprising how hit and miss the crops are. A few miles make a big difference. Lots of areas needing rain. It was very easy to spot stress in soybeans and corn. IMO the good areas will bring up the average, but I sure don't see any records out there. It a little too late.

Comment

The Corn in the US is largely past much weather effect... the soybeans like hot weather... this has sped them up, now with some rain they will fill. The folks in dry areas are hurting no doubt... but few dispute USDA yields very much... has anyone heard what western Canada Canola and wheat production numbers will be?

India 108mmt of wheat production now projected. Price of rice half of US price in Asia. Second highest Soy ending stocks globally the USDA was reported to have said.
                      Brazil big second crop corn 80mmt+
                      Nice Ausie crop coming...
                      EU is short... but being primarily winter crops... mostly yield was made in May/June.
                      With big Russian wheat and grain crops... the pressure is off for now... looks like...

We are desiccating wheat and peas now... Canola ready to swath next week the heat now will bring harvest on fast... Be Safe!

Blessings and Salutations.
                      Not long ago India stopped wheat exports but really how much wheat makes it out of there before it spoils or lost in traffic accidents? That was a joke.

Comment

Jet stream next Thursday

Friday weather
                        Latest US Drought Monitor

Comment

1 yr ago today.
                          Hauling some Malt for $9.58..street price.
                          Today is $7.51..
                          What a contrast..

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                            Took a nice tour a couple of weeks ago down through the western corn belt and along the Mississippi river (12 states). It is surprising how hit and miss the crops are. A few miles make a big difference. Lots of areas needing rain. It was very easy to spot stress in soybeans and corn. IMO the good areas will bring up the average, but I sure don't see any records out there. It a little too late.
                            Sounds like a great trip for a backroads tourist like me.

Must be a lot of cities along the way. Do you go in for the tour or bypass them?

We have done similar along the Snake/Columbia to Portland. Through the Palouse. Enjoyed that.

Comment

E mail from local plant.
                              Price now before it goes lower, back to normal prices are coming.
                              Holy giant finger to that F@@ker.
                              Sent him a blast in return..

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                                Sounds like a great trip for a backroads tourist like me.

Must be a lot of cities along the way. Do you go in for the tour or bypass them?

We have done similar along the Snake/Columbia to Portland. Through the Palouse. Enjoyed that.
                                Ya the Palouse drive through the hills is great. Side hill combines in action, Walla walla onions etc
                                On our trips we try to avoid the interstate unless we really need to make time, dont see anything that way. We try to pick routes around the big cities unless there is a reason to go there. Hotels, food and fuel all cheaper in the US than in Canada makes for a cheaper holiday and was nice to get down there after a couple years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.