• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rex Murphy: That sound you hear could be the country fragmenting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Liberal government's fixation with Trudeau-style climate action is fracturing Canada

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-that-sound-you-hear-could-be-the-country-fragmenting

The oil companies are making billions off consumers with record excess profits and the relatively small carbon tax, much of which is returned to consumers in rebates is ripping the country apart? LOL

More political hyperbole from wind bag Rex who loves to stoke western alienation.

Both Alberta and Saskatchewan have their own carbon tax on large emitters. And I bet Rex didn't say anything about that did he?

Its just more petro politics.

Comment

Try reading the article upChuck, doesn’t look like you even tried.

Comment

So who is getting these rebate checks ??
        Don’t know one person who has received one anywhere

Comment

Chuck read the bloody article and quit your band standing. If you want to stroke ego there’s a couple articles in the seducer sympathetic to the cwb. Kinda like articles about vintage tractors and binders for grappa in the nursing home.

Comment

Alberta and Sask played along like good little canadians at first. If we just enact these couple policys from Justin, he will leave us alone.

Now we find out there is nothing to satisfy the woke retards. They wont stop until every industry is decimated.

So if Quebec can use the Non Withstanding Clause for a language bill and hijab rules, well we cna use it for farming and oil and gas.

Just need someone with the balls to weild it. Moe had some consultations recently about sovereignty from Ottawa. I suspect whoever takes the helm in Ab will be more aggressive too.

Guys like chuck want ag and energy to end up like fisheries where the chinese fish our shorelines now.

Comment

Canazuela. (ideas taken from several articles)
              Could we build a transcon rr today? Heck no!
              I'm watching the govt build a helipad at our hospital. 2 weeks and not half done. I know contractors that would have had the dirt work done in one day.
              Our relationship with the First Nations is such that some still don't have drinking water.
              Divide and conquer of identity politics working all too well.
              Ridicule the politician not using it at all. Pollevre?
              I read Netherlands second largest ag exporter. 77 years ago they were starving.
              If 40,000 Eastern farmers were blocking airports. Where would you stand Chuck???
              We know how you feel about profits above your own level.
              How do you feel about a hydrogen pipeline?
              Agreeing to reduce emissions by 30% or lose access to programs?
              Do you really stand with the majority of policies and actions of this govt??
              U are a very dangerous man Chuck.

Comment

Looks like I triggered a backlash of more hyperbole! LOL.

Wind bag Rex writes these sermons for the converted to keep the National Post readers happy and to increase donations to the opposition. Its a lot of political theater and rhetoric.

I hope you are glad to be paying record fuel prices to the oil companies so that they can send record profits to their shareholders and giant bonuses to their executives! Talk about the Canadian elites. Populist Polly never talks about the oil company elites does he? LOL

Gotta give credit to Boris Johnson, a good Conservative and Brexit booster who slapped on an excess profit tax on the oil industry in Britain.

What's wrong with all the gutless conservatives here? They are so tight with the oil industry that they back down every time.

Eddy Stelmach found that out when he tried to raise royalties in good ole Alberta. Danny William knew how to cut a good deal in Newfoundland. But don't send western Conservatives to negotiate with oil companies. They are wimps and pushovers who flatter their company friends.
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 14, 2022, 10:09.

Comment

Pensions need to own shares in profitable companies. So can we. It's how we participate in our economy.
                  How would you ensure prosperity for the future?
                  Do you ever answer a question?

Comment

A large percentage of Canadians live paycheck to paycheck at low or moderate wages and don't have savings or much of a pension.

So let us know when and how they they get to share in the windfall profits from the oil companies? The money is flowing from low income Canadians to the oil companies not the other way around.

Comment

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that The Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund was one of the larger investors in the country with $221B in the markets.
                      I'm involving myself with a Community Foundation that through it's peers has billions in the markets in trusts for charitable works with the returns.
                      Most arenas large or small carry a corporate donor name.
                      Oil company or Drug company, what's the difference? Aha, that's what I thought.
                      May I suggest a World Book Encyclopedia article from the 60s explaining how our economies work and how we all participate knowingly or otherwise?
                      It's not very woke as it is laced with a civic responsibility to educate and participate with pride.
                      My old set is gone but they are on Kijiji.
                      Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 14, 2022, 10:37.

Comment

So BP you don't mind if the oil companies take excessive profits off the backs of ordinary Canadians who can't afford it and dont have a pension plan or investments? Its a massive transfer of wealth to the oil elites in Canada and other shining examples like Saudia Arabia and Russia But that's okay?

Boris Johnson a good Conservative didn't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                          So BP you don't mind if the oil companies take excessive profits off the backs of ordinary Canadians who can't afford it and dont have a pension plan or investments? Its a massive transfer of wealth to the oil elites in Canada and other shining examples like Saudia Arabia and Russia But that's okay?

Boris Johnson a good Conservative didn't think so.
                          Chuck2 why do you think we are in a situation where we are somewhat short of oil and natural gas? For me it is obvious. Government policy. Look in the EU. Forcing the transition to wind and solar generation. Disincentivizing their own fossil fuel production. Shuttering nuclear plants. Basing their natural gas needs on Russia. That was all before they shut the world down over Covid which then greatly lowered oil prices. For almost 2 years many oil companies spent very little on new exploration or went broke. Then governments opened the world back up and now expect more oil to come out of thin air but at the same time through policy and taxation are trying to get oil companies to reduce production. The brain dead governments now blame the greedy oil companies. Wow talk about hypocrisy and stupidity!!!!

Comment

Chuck2 when you were selling your wheat for $15 a bushel and your canola for $25 a bushel did you feel the government should charge you a windfall tax or did you refuse the higher prices and tell the elevators I only want $8 for my wheat and $12 for my canola?!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              A large percentage of Canadians live paycheck to paycheck at low or moderate wages and don't have savings or much of a pension.

So let us know when and how they they get to share in the windfall profits from the oil companies? The money is flowing from low income Canadians to the oil companies not the other way around.
                              Simple. Get a job in the oil and gas sector.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...