• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rex Murphy: That sound you hear could be the country fragmenting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't really a discussion forum. It's more pissing in the wind than exchange.
    Collusion, price fixing, gouging, monopolies all against the law and should be. If they are caught of course.
    I wish success for everyone in a system that allows me the same.
    You can't consistently vilify core sections of your economy without repercussions.
    You focus on the poor.
    Okay. CPP and OAS rely on investing.
    Tax income relies on a healthy economy.
    The working poor are hurt by recession and inflation.
    Everyone is participating in the market every time they purchase anything. Re-read that last, it is the key, and few grasp it.

Purchase wisely, be aware, and if you can't beat em, join em.
    Here's hoping you forward sold and hedged most of 2022 crop using the market and it's tools to capture record income. You will need it.
    And when your industry becomes a target, I will defend it's right to profits as well.
    Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 16, 2022, 09:11.

Comment

And regarding use of the catchy word "elite".
      Gates, Soros, Bezos, Trudeau aren't???
      How about Cargill, Weston, Walton???
      And why would you not support Canadian resources while using Saudi/Russian???
      Hope you like your fert bill this fall. 50% over last year. Maybe a Canadian Fertilizer Board is the answer.

Comment

Or maybe nationalize the oil, gas, and fertilizer. You know like Mexico, Venezuela, and Russia. Their poor are getting all the profits.
        Trading one elite for another doesn't help I guess. Govts can't seem to generate wealth either.
        Darn, well, the only thing we're left with is an open outcry marketplace with fair and legal checks and balances with occasional resets.
        Caveat, you do need wise lawmakers though.

Comment

Anyone struggling and voting Liberal or NDP should learn to code. Zero sympathy.

Comment

Common thought has been of the rural urban divide creating calamity against our resource based industries and that is true to an extent. However, there are those who live among us for whatever reasons will vilify them even though their own survival depends on them. It is a cognitive dissonance cultured from personal held beliefs and living in their own echo chamber. Seen enough of this over the years with certain farmers not allowing oil exploration on their land. Not saying the oil companies were infallible neither but even when every other farm would have wells for years there’d be that one who’d not allow it and sometimes mess it up for everyone else to have some wells or even seismic. At the same time these people would have family members working in the patch. There’s a word for these people I can’t write on here. Typically most of them were card carrying ndp’s. Funny when they were out of the picture their successors let the oil in. It was their land and they had some rights to prevent some exploration but really selfish for neighbours who wanted it.

Comment

Well, 40ac multi well pads (16-30 wellheads), have their drawbacks. I am personally ok with those ones across the fence if the neighbour wants it.
              Good luck ever selling that land, rent doesn’t pay enough for the negatives.
              This is typical of the Montney these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                Well, 40ac multi well pads (16-30 wellheads), have their drawbacks. I am personally ok with those ones across the fence if the neighbour wants it.
                Good luck ever selling that land, rent doesn’t pay enough for the negatives.
                This is typical of the Montney these days.
                I understand why but around here if it wasn’t for oil leases and the employment it would be a different story. Besides oil leases usually increase the value of the property when it sells.

Comment

So Chuck When did Rex become a wind bag?
                  For years he was on the CBC and Peter and the CBC crowd sure liked him. Was he a wind bag back then or he just became one after he visited Fort Mac and then reported something that did not fit the narrative of the day?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Or maybe nationalize the oil, gas, and fertilizer. You know like Mexico, Venezuela, and Russia. Their poor are getting all the profits.
                    Trading one elite for another doesn't help I guess. Govts can't seem to generate wealth either.
                    Darn, well, the only thing we're left with is an open outcry marketplace with fair and legal checks and balances with occasional resets.
                    Caveat, you do need wise lawmakers though.
                    good posts
                    there are so many chucks that have no idea where the money comes from
                    the idiots think that the govt manufactures it
                    well, i guess this dumb SOB does , but how much longer??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      good posts
                      there are so many chucks that have no idea where the money comes from
                      the idiots think that the govt manufactures it
                      well, i guess this dumb SOB does , but how much longer??
                      It works till it doesn’t. USA prints all kinds of money but it’s gdp makes up 50% of the worlds economy. Essentially too big and important to fail. Canadas population and economy is 10% or less and the debt we have taken on has no chance of being paid back on the trajectory our economy is on. The Chuck types, and I shouldn’t even say that he’s a pain but I really pitty him, stick their fingers in their ears and care to disbelieve resources are an integral part of canadas economy for the time being. They chagrin and chastise them but we are still essentially a hewer of wood and drawer of water. If these buttheads would look at the big picture they’d realize renewables and value adding the resources we have and a combination of such would be a boon for our country. Our few urban city states have become a Solyent Green dome and until they are literally starving and eating one another I do not know when and how it changes. If you look at history and the emergence of the dark ages people suffered in the cities to the point people dispersed back to the country or faced starvation and plague.

Comment

Fighting negativity tonight so.....
                        Coupled with/because of, elite repression, the Dark Ages lacked affordable food and energy.
                        I try not to feed the resident Napoleon Complex but just in case he reads.
                        I well remember my Mother washing eggs at 11 at night so I could have glasses in grade two. I also well remember double govt income relates lecturing her on how to save money.
                        So I'm not lecturing Chuck's hungry and weak. Simply, based on my own life, education re how money works, (the rules of money), is a lesson for all whether $10 or $10M. My parents didn't get the power of compounding, they didn't know because they believed it above them.
                        The desire to not want your fellow to do better than you is a dark part of our nature that will always exist. At least my parents were not that in any way.
                        However the dangerous people do live in that world so I guess I have to keep standing. Stay afraid CC.
                        Last edited by blackpowder; Aug 16, 2022, 23:34.

Comment

Never said resources werent important to Canada's economy. But why not tax the excess profits and collect royalties like we own the resource which we do?

Norway still produces lots of oil with higher royalty rates and a giant heritage fund.

But in Alberta and Saskatchewan we give most of the wealth away to oil company elites and investors without a plan for the future. And then taxpayers will have to pay hundreds of billions for cleaning up all the oil and gas facilities that the oil companies refuse to clean up!

The lesson is don't let conservative government friends of the oil companies negotiate anything, because they essentially work for the oil companies and not the rest of us who use their products.
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Aug 17, 2022, 07:07.

Comment

Norway is a good example, can’t argue that
                            But you can also not argue this ….

Are they getting taxed on their massive profits ?
                            Who is paying for the extraordinary medical costs …… the tax payers to boot .

Both sides are quilts of fleecing the general public

Comment

And, if you please, may I determine when You make "excess" profit?
                              Can we define excess expenses?
                              Who gets to decide or can see the future? Alberta govts have done a shallow job but then which govt hasn't and which one is the worst? (Trudeau)?
                              Remember CC, there could be children listening while you speak, stop and think.

Comment

Chuck is such a Jagmeet clone. In one hand restrict supply in the name of climate farce then complain when prices go up. Educated at School of Karl Marx.

Hey chuck did you notice Apple Tesla Facebook google Netflix and Microsoft had record profits for a decade. What did people buy with their stimulus checks? Was it oil? You are so clueless it boggles the mind.

Hey but go ahead and tax equalization and see how that works out for you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...