• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost anyone?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	E2B90EB8-26BF-4FB1-B19A-1EA6D2498B55.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	773618

Comment

+1.6 C with frost on the roofs. Garden appears to be untouched. JDGreen country.

Comment

During the years with unseasonably early frosts, were they market movers?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          During the years with unseasonably early frosts, were they market movers?
          Not at all from what I remember
          Markets ignore fall frosts .

Comment

Just noticed this morning, my 14 day forecast has us at 0'C for the morning of Monday August 22nd.

That better not happen, as we'll still need 2 weeks in this area for canola and wheats(to be safe) after that date.

Any comment about this possible event from Drew???

Comment

Our does as well , can’t see it with 25c
              I have seen this before on the 14 day forecast. It disappeared the next day forecast.
              Well hopefully anyway

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Our does as well , can’t see it with 25c
                I have seen this before on the 14 day forecast. It disappeared the next day forecast.
                Well hopefully anyway
                The Weather Channel computer [too] often puts a 0 in on the last day of the forecast period.

Cheers

Comment

Yup it’s gone already lol

Comment

The old saying is “take a few less bushels and get the crop in the bin”.

It’s a yr of everything.

I’m not going to worry about it, they can’t predict tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                      The Weather Channel computer [too] often puts a 0 in on the last day of the forecast period.

Cheers
                      Ive noticed this as well Tom

Comment

This nutrien forecast often uses this model for its temp forecasts. 2 weeks out looks ok, its the next 6 weeks I am afraid of.

Name:	mm.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	773623

Comment

Last Saturday temps weren’t forecast in the single digits until a couple days before. It was all double digits.

Comment

Furthest out forecast I could find, up to the night before harvest moon.

Name:	9-9.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	773624

Comment

Wheat is turning. May 11 seed date. Greenfeed seeded may 27. Taking it earlier than usual to give clover a chance to grow before freeze up. In 2004 crop wasn’t this far along and frost which hit the 19 of august knocked the wheat bad. Didn’t do fungicide this year fearing prolonged maturity and a constrained fertilizer budget.

Comment

Looks like you will get it WR, there are still crops as green as your tractor hood around here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...