• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM baby duramax 1/2 ton

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    If you buy a baby Dmax be aware that at approximately 200k the tranny needs to be pulled to change the oil pump drive belt. Honestly with all the emissions crap on new diesels I wouldnt own one off warrantee. Can't delete newer ones either best to trade em in every couple years. Older ones however have I 3 keepers, underkote with an oil based product and they last 500k plus.
    I bought 7 year full warranty for $3800
    Learned last winter with our dodge eco diesel they hafta give you a rental vehicle if it’s longer than a couple days to repair
    Had a free rental all winter for an exhaust sensor
    Lots of recalls on the dodge
    The belt was what scared me , but the 17-18 mpg with the gas engine scared me even more !
    Anyways if not on warranty you don’t hafta change belt at the 240 k km as advised
    Won’t cause engine damage if it snaps
    They’re thinking it could last 350k km plus
    Oh and the dyed diesel is a real no brainer for a farmer
    I calculated my gas 5.3 in last truck cost nearly double to drive
    Last edited by caseih; Aug 7, 2022, 14:25.

Comment

Here is future GHG calculations on light vehicles;

Argonne National Laboratory has published a new cradle-to-grave (C2G) lifecycle analysis (LCA) of US LDV vehicle-fuel pathways. The report was prepared by Argonne researchers and members of the US Drive Integrated Systems Analysis Technical Team. This analysis builds on a previous comprehensive life cycle analysis, updating that study’s 2016 assumptions...

"The GHG emissions evaluation was carried out by expanding and modifying Argonne’s GREET model suite (2020 version) with inputs from industrial experts. This C2G GHG assessment includes both fuel and vehicle production life cycles. Cost assessments represent a final cost/price to the consumer, excluding taxes on the final product (e.g., fuel sales tax) and/or credits (e.g., vehicle subsidies).

Vehicle fuel economies and component sizes were estimated using Argonne National Laboratory’s vehicle simulation tool, Autonomie, using a consistent set of vehicle performance criteria across vehicle-fuel combinations.

The main case presented in the body of the report is the high powertrain technology progression pathway with the central cost cases for each fuel. The ranges presented in the cost analyses include the low technology progression vehicle coupled with the high fuel cost (when available, and the central case when not), and the low range is the high technology progress with the lowest fuel cost (when available).

By far the largest and the most consequential change in the input assumptions between the 2016 study and this current update is in battery costs for BEVs. The past 5-10 years have seen dramatic reductions in the cost of EV batteries while, similarly, battery cost projections have also changed significantly over the past 5 years. It is hard to overstate the importance of the improvements in battery costs on this analysis.

—“Cradle-to-grave lifecycle analysis of US light-duty vehicle-fuel pathways” (2022)"
      "Lifetime cost versus GHG emissions by vehicle-fuel pathway for the Future Technology case for small SUVs (2020$). ANL

For the future technology case, HEV, PHEV, and BEV platforms offer the lowest modeled costs of avoided GHG emissions, with many options having a negative cost—i.e., the cost is less than that of the gasoline ICEV. The FCEVs offer lower cost GHG emissions opportunities than the ICEV technologies with the exception of the E85 vehicle operating on corn stover and the CNG vehicle operating on RNG.

The over-arching observation drawn from the report is that large GHG reductions for LDVs are achievable through low-carbon fuel pathways, with vehicle efficiency improvements also playing an important role. Low-carbon fuels can have significantly higher costs than conventional fuels; however, vehicle cost is the major (60–90%) and fuel cost the minor (10–40%) component of LCD.

Posted on 06 August 2022 in Batteries, Electric (Battery), Electrofuels, Engines, Fuel Cells, Fuels, Hydrogen, Lifecycle analysis, Market Background"

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
        Do you have someone you trust to fix it or do you go to the Benz dealer?
        Fortunately or good planning I am a licenced mechanic which makes these cars affordable because parts are reasonable when purchased online at a site like rock auto. Also helps immensely with keeping expenses down on the farm. The Benz is a will build car an is repairable.

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
          Did you have any air shock problems, Stormin.
          I had a 2008 GL550 - at the end, i was buying the air shocks in bulk from Ebay...
          replaced 7 and an air compressor.
          for a V8 that tank got exceptional gas mileage
          900-1000 km a tank at 120
          No air shock problems because ours has springs although I have replaced the rear springs and wheel bearings. The parts where reasonable and I changed them myself. The only thing I had done by a shop was a four wheel alignment. But they are great cars, and wife loves how comfortable it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormin View Post
            Fortunately or good planning I am a licenced mechanic which makes these cars affordable because parts are reasonable when purchased online at a site like rock auto. Also helps immensely with keeping expenses down on the farm. The Benz is a will build car an is repairable.
            Rock Auto Rocks ... eBay is good too

Hunter and I are alive because of a MB ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_220442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	773626
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20180311_154649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	773625

That happened on a Sunday - he played hockey on Tuesday.
            T bone at 115 kph
            11 airbags - he said he didn't move.
            That car was insane fast. Hydraulic suspension that lowered itself the faster you went.
            And it made frequent trips to Keeley and raised the suspension 4 inches when it reached the gravel..

Comment

All I can say is, “Thank You Jesus”.

That’s proof positive that air bags work and so glad you had the right vehicle with the right safety equipment. 👍👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                I have had this truck a year and really like it , mileage is incredible, warms up quicker than a gas engine in winter . Awesome truck all around
                Hiway about 32 mpg at 110
                City about 26-27, usually easy 900 km on 90 litre tank
                Hardly changes pulling boat , can’t hear engine or smell it
                Really like the truck all around
                If anyone is wondering about them ?
                I was pretty appprehensive about trying one
                Just wondering what are your thoughts on how well your truck would handle pulling a 8000lb.camper? I am impressed about the fuel economy of your truck. I am looking at replacing my GM with a 5.3.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  All I can say is, “Thank You Jesus”.

That’s proof positive that air bags work and so glad you had the right vehicle with the right safety equipment. 👍👍👍
                  Thanks SDG

It had pneumatic soft close doors - all 4 doors opened and closed after the accident like nothing happened.

your Jesus ref made me think of Cotton...

Just be safe everyone... I saw her stop on the road to Regina; resumed talking to Hunter and then she bolted right in front of us...

March 11, 2018.

Comment

[ATTACH]10853[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH]10852[/ATTACH]

T bone at 115 kph
                    That car was insane fast. Hydraulic suspension that lowered itself the faster you went.
                    And it made frequent trips to Keeley and raised the suspension 4 inches when it reached the gravel..
                    Thank God you both survived! Shows air bags really do save lives.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                      Thank God you both survived! Shows air bags really do save lives.
                      Thanks AC...

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                        Just wondering what are your thoughts on how well your truck would handle pulling a 8000lb.camper? I am impressed about the fuel economy of your truck. I am looking at replacing my GM with a 5.3.
                        it pulls slightly better than the 6.2 gas, way better than the 5.3 i had
                        just got back from saskatoon , 835 km , 1/4 tank left , says 160 km remaining

Currently, the towing capacity of GM”S pickups equipped with the 3.0L 6-cylinder Duramax engine is 9,300 lb. That powertrain develops 277 hp ad 460 lb-ft and has proven itself highly effective since it debuted. Even better, it puts up an impressive 7.1L/100 km fuel-consumption rating on highway.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          it pulls slightly better than the 6.2 gas, way better than the 5.3 i had
                          just got back from saskatoon , 835 km , 1/4 tank left , says 160 km remaining

Currently, the towing capacity of GM”S pickups equipped with the 3.0L 6-cylinder Duramax engine is 9,300 lb. That powertrain develops 277 hp ad 460 lb-ft and has proven itself highly effective since it debuted. Even better, it puts up an impressive 7.1L/100 km fuel-consumption rating on highway.
                          Thanks for your info. Will definitely consider one but availability is definitely an issue.

Comment

[ATTACH]10853[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]10852[/ATTACH]

T bone at 115 kph
                            Just noticed that the car was a AMG MB... I am pretty sure that car is part of the high performance division of MB.. so ya it would be like a rocket ship over here.

Comment

Originally posted by tweaker101 View Post
                              Just noticed that the car was a AMG MB... I am pretty sure that car is part of the high performance division of MB.. so ya it would be like a rocket ship over here.
                              If I showed you a pic of the speedometer we took once; they would throw me in jail...speedometer went to 320 kph. The speed limiter was disabled in Ottawa.

2001 S55 - hand built engine.
                              It was 17 years old when we hit the lady's Ram 1500.
                              Every air bag deployed...and it called 9-1-1 with our location.
                              EMS was there within five minutes.
                              Sticker in the glove box when i got it was 142K CAD in 2001.
                              It had 41,000 km on it in 2016.
                              That night, even though it was a Sunday, i received an email from MB Canada.
                              They wanted the black box to study to make their cars safer in the future and asked if I would sign a waiver for the release.
                              Best vehicle purchase of my life for 15K. Not for the value - for what it did for Hunter.
                              He was two days short of his 16th birthday.
                              It could have been a mess...

Comment

That’s an amazing story Larry
                                Glad it turned out ok for you and hunter
                                You , and you alone have done so much for farmers before that and since then
                                No one else seems to give a shit
                                Last edited by caseih; Aug 9, 2022, 12:53.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.