• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good Morning it's great to be back in Saskatchewan, Was a quiet week for rain for us maybe a quarter inch so now the totals for the crop year are 12 in at station 2, and station 1 is 10 in since May 1.

Ontario is dry very dry and the corn looks funny and up and down in height. The Winter wheat harvest is almost done and looks like it was a good one. Soy is dry and needs rain but it's prime time for soy and rain to make grain so one good rain and its game on.

Realize now Ontario has some great farms and they vote and think for the most part like us. **** Trudeau.

If Trudeau tries the Fertilizer and Manure reduction I think the trucker's convoy will be small compared to the can of whoop Ass that that will open.

So here is the crop report.

HRS is done flowering for the most part and is filling, Early has kernels formed and filling nicely later has started. I am downgrading the crop to a 9/10 right now with further drops if the temps keep getting real cold at night this one is ****ed. How ****ed I would say worse than 2002 and 2004. Flight back to Regina from Ontario and we are way too green for this time of year from Thunderbay to Regina. Real easy to multiply by 7 for yield on my scale. Some Manitoba farms are looking for aphids on wheat but I have seen nothing so far. Fuz is also back and starting to show up on all fields but min if sprayed.

Durum looked real nice a week ago and with moisture and heat and cool and more dew and then fog etc Houston we have a problem. FUZ is here and only min right now is doing some head damage. 8/10 is the new rating due to the lateness of the crop, we need a lot of heat for the next month.

Barley the late is now fully headed and looks thick real thick. Early is starting to turn and seeds are firm. Big heads on early seeded. Lodging is happening in some places but only a few in the area are the whole fields further south. Sticking with 9/10 with a multiple of 10 for yield. This crop has potential if the stars align and frost stays away. Early for sure but later will do well if we get till Sept 15th or 20th.

Lentils have gone downhill with all the rain. Brown spots and then yellow spots and lentils don't like this much water. areas will have nothing and others will have lots.

Peas are good and believe it or not still flowering yesterday. These were seeded on May 7 th. Tall and thick I can never get yield right with math for peas. 10 pods per plant x 6 seeds per pod is the average. any guess?
    Best peas in a lot of years for most, the only exception is the 8-year rule for seeding peas on fields you can see over and over who is pushing that rule. No, it's not a rule but something is in the ground and we proved it back 3 years ago with the help of Syngenta and a lab in Ontario. New Fuz and usual suspects.

Oats are nice and fully headed and thick for the most part. Pig shit oats are awesome, to say the least, but I don't have any this year. The rest of the oats in our area is really good. All sprayed for fungicide and ready to roll in a month if we don't get a frost. 10/10 for the most part.

Canola is coming into its own most fields are starting to shut down and finish flowering the late are just mid-flower and real late just flowered. Thick is the word of the day and bread loaf looks. Varieties are funny you can sure see what's good and what sucks. I have a half that was hailed out real bad early then got hit by heavy rain and well let's just say I don't like what I see. Dirty short and you can't grow grain in mud. If it wasn't so late in the year for flowering I would say we have a bin buster on its way but the realist in me says slow down boys and girls it's a long way from the bin. 8/10 only due to the fact it's late. one frost and it's ****ed. multiply by 7 for yield.

Hay guys got the bales finished round one and picked lots will do a second cut for sure this year. Big yields for sure. Even ditch hay is good.

Pastures are still green and looking good but they are slowing down growth. Water is not an issue.

So overall it's a real good crop coming but again it's late and I don't think we will catch up now that august is here. Lots of sleepless nights as temps start to dip as fall is just around the corner.

Some in Sask are harvesting and that's great to see good luck to all and have a safe and great harvest.

last field seeded is starting to slow down flowering

Comment

early barley

late barley

Comment

canary seed

Comment

south of regina from 30000 ft up

Comment

Your crops look awesome.That is the difference between 12 in and 5.5 inches of rain.Our peas were seeded May 07 also and they got sprayed yesterday with reglone.

Comment

Crops look good around here that missed all the hail.Last week the hail took out thousands of acre around Castor and Coronation totally wiping out some farms with the high inputs that is going to hurt big time.

Comment

Rain totals
                Between 9.1 and 11.6
                Early Bly amazing.
                Early canola looks great,from the road.
                Many blanks..
                Yield will not be great..

Comment

Curious what the pod shatter is like on that 505 and 506.

Comment

Saskfarmer, were you showing us disease in the close-up pic of that head?

Is that early fusarium? those blacker kernels?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                      Curious what the pod shatter is like on that 505 and 506.
                      Wasn’t impressed with the 506 last year
                      Hoping 505 better this year

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                        3 inches of Rain out here and 6 tenths of it came too late July 31 !

You know what that means !
                        Drought starting to impact US markets; Now Soy up $.41 Nov22

Comment

Both look like they could be our highest yielders but here is a quick fact if I spray them then when they are ready if we're doing regular BASF liberty I will move to them and go. You don't waste time when they are ready to take.

Our Dekalb new liberty one sucks but I only did two quarters as a token amount but some days I wonder if it's worth it. Nice Butea Vest.

Joly is a waste of air and when she is done with politics has nothing more to give in any job other than do you want fries with that.

30 % increase thanks to the federal gov for grain production. Like WTF has the feds done for western Canadian ag in the last 7 years?

NOTHING.

One older large big farmer has packed it in our area, the last crop. It was a good run and I respect how you grew, You took a lot of chances and some paid off really well, the area thanks you. So good luck in retirement and enjoy.

Comment

Is anyone still complaining about L340 and L345?

Fert ill just leave that one alone, they can go **** themselves with the early pay and take price.

Comment

Yes, that is Fusarium on Durum that was sprayed. In our worst year, we sprayed the Durum twice and still got downgraded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.