• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop and fertilizer prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop and fertilizer prices

Crop prices getting slammed and fertilizer just jumped a lot .
    They are deliberately trying to kill farming it seems

i got my fall price with immediate delivery and pay and basically told them to go **** off.

it’s insane grain prices are back to prewar pre drought pre what ever the fu k happened the last two years and yet our inputs are going up.

i said **** you to them other farmers need to also send a message

Comment

I use to think the target was the 2500-5000 acre farms to be eliminated.

Now I think they want the 2500-10000 acre farms out of the way.

Its easier for governments, dealers , suppliers across the board.

Less farmers equals less earaches.

There is a plan. And it seems some of us are not part of it.

Comment

Local can't buy new N for the price we are quoted for his in stock he got in July.. Nuts...

Comment

IF only cows paid better

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Crop prices getting slammed and fertilizer just jumped a lot .
            They are deliberately trying to kill farming it seems
            New price for 46 is $975 dealer cost..
            Claims they make 25 bucks a tonne..
            30% reduction might happen voluntary.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
              IF only cows paid better
              Amen brother 🙏

At least we love what we do……… most days😎

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                New price for 46 is $975 dealer cost..
                Claims they make 25 bucks a tonne..
                30% reduction might happen voluntary.
                Yikes! We debated last month on buying at $850 delivered and I guess I’ll be glad we held our noses and booked it. Must be same guys in charge of dreaming up fuel prices the way they yo-yo around too.

My cows are doing their part to keep inflation down at least😎

Comment

We sold spring wheat last July for almost the same price it is now , however it was grown with less than half the input costs. I think you will see a pullback on inputs if prices don’t drop considerably. Our area with only 5.2 inches of rain is going to hit a lot of farmers hard this year and going forward .

Comment

Pulled the trigger on 28 for '23. In the current macro environment I see this as a slight inflationary reprieve before we see the next larger wave of inflation, much like occurred in the late 70's. Things are volatile and the trend is your friend.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 2, 2022, 23:14.

Comment

Markets Aug 3rd, corn and bean ratings down, a good explanation on the wheat market Russia/Ukraine

Canola price down too ???
                      Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 3, 2022, 06:11.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        i got my fall price with immediate delivery and pay and basically told them to go **** off.

it’s insane grain prices are back to prewar pre drought pre what ever the fu k happened the last two years and yet our inputs are going up.

i said **** you to them other farmers need to also send a message
                        LOL sounds like a 3rd grader on a playground. Be honest. You didnt tell anyone to f off. You didnt say f you to some local rep. Not sure why you feel the need to come on here and embellish these stories like your some sort of hero.

Like the rest of us Im sure you appreciate being kept up to date with pricing by your local retail. Cool it with the theatrics, you arent impressing anyone by saying you told some employee to f off, which we both know you didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy44 View Post
                          LOL sounds like a 3rd grader on a playground. Be honest. You didnt tell anyone to f off. You didnt say f you to some local rep. Not sure why you feel the need to come on here and embellish these stories like your some sort of hero.

Like the rest of us Im sure you appreciate being kept up to date with pricing by your local retail. Cool it with the theatrics, you arent impressing anyone by saying you told some employee to f off, which we both know you didnt.
                          When I tell someone to *** off with their numbers they usually don’t come back. A few years down the road they are working at a different job.

Comment

It’s quite simple math … buy now for $950, or later for $1550
                            Only matter of time boys before it gets there.

Grain and oilseed price plummeting by the hr.

The biggest shortage coming to the ag industry is going to be FARMERS!!!!

Buckle up boys life today is a picnic to what’s coming.

Comment

Retail doesn't know when to buy/order either..
                              Don't want to get stuck with high price inventory.
                              Product he received in July was ordered last Dec..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.