Test Crop and fertilizer prices Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Crop and fertilizer prices

Test
Aug 2, 2022 | 12:13 1 Crop prices getting slammed and fertilizer just jumped a lot .
They are deliberately trying to kill farming it seems Reply With Quote

• SASKFARMER's Avatar Aug 2, 2022 | 12:29 2 i got my fall price with immediate delivery and pay and basically told them to go **** off.

it’s insane grain prices are back to prewar pre drought pre what ever the fu k happened the last two years and yet our inputs are going up.

i said **** you to them other farmers need to also send a message Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 2, 2022 | 12:46 3 I use to think the target was the 2500-5000 acre farms to be eliminated.

Now I think they want the 2500-10000 acre farms out of the way.

Its easier for governments, dealers , suppliers across the board.

Less farmers equals less earaches.

There is a plan. And it seems some of us are not part of it. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Partners's Avatar Aug 2, 2022 | 12:54 4 Local can't buy new N for the price we are quoted for his in stock he got in July.. Nuts... Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 2, 2022 | 15:55 5 IF only cows paid better Reply With Quote

• Partners's Avatar Aug 2, 2022 | 20:07 6
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Crop prices getting slammed and fertilizer just jumped a lot .
    They are deliberately trying to kill farming it seems
    New price for 46 is $975 dealer cost..
    Claims they make 25 bucks a tonne..
    30% reduction might happen voluntary. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 2, 2022 | 21:55 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
    IF only cows paid better
    Amen brother 🙏

At least we love what we do……… most days😎 Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 2, 2022 | 22:00 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
    New price for 46 is $975 dealer cost..
    Claims they make 25 bucks a tonne..
    30% reduction might happen voluntary.
    Yikes! We debated last month on buying at $850 delivered and I guess I’ll be glad we held our noses and booked it. Must be same guys in charge of dreaming up fuel prices the way they yo-yo around too.

My cows are doing their part to keep inflation down at least😎 Reply With Quote
    fcr
    Aug 2, 2022 | 22:18 9 We sold spring wheat last July for almost the same price it is now , however it was grown with less than half the input costs. I think you will see a pullback on inputs if prices don’t drop considerably. Our area with only 5.2 inches of rain is going to hit a lot of farmers hard this year and going forward . Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• biglentil's Avatar Aug 2, 2022 | 22:58 10 Pulled the trigger on 28 for '23. In the current macro environment I see this as a slight inflationary reprieve before we see the next larger wave of inflation, much like occurred in the late 70's. Things are volatile and the trend is your friend.
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 2, 2022 at 23:14.
    Aug 3, 2022 | 06:03 11 Markets Aug 3rd, corn and bean ratings down, a good explanation on the wheat market Russia/Ukraine

youtu.be/utBgRkW1rkk

Canola price down too ???
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 3, 2022 at 06:11.
    Aug 3, 2022 | 07:44 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    i got my fall price with immediate delivery and pay and basically told them to go **** off.

it’s insane grain prices are back to prewar pre drought pre what ever the fu k happened the last two years and yet our inputs are going up.

i said **** you to them other farmers need to also send a message
    LOL sounds like a 3rd grader on a playground. Be honest. You didnt tell anyone to f off. You didnt say f you to some local rep. Not sure why you feel the need to come on here and embellish these stories like your some sort of hero.

Like the rest of us Im sure you appreciate being kept up to date with pricing by your local retail. Cool it with the theatrics, you arent impressing anyone by saying you told some employee to f off, which we both know you didnt. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 3, 2022 | 07:54 13
    Quote Originally Posted by farmboy44 View Post
    LOL sounds like a 3rd grader on a playground. Be honest. You didnt tell anyone to f off. You didnt say f you to some local rep. Not sure why you feel the need to come on here and embellish these stories like your some sort of hero.

Like the rest of us Im sure you appreciate being kept up to date with pricing by your local retail. Cool it with the theatrics, you arent impressing anyone by saying you told some employee to f off, which we both know you didnt.
    When I tell someone to *** off with their numbers they usually don’t come back. A few years down the road they are working at a different job. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 3, 2022 | 08:03 14 It’s quite simple math … buy now for $950, or later for $1550
    Only matter of time boys before it gets there.

Grain and oilseed price plummeting by the hr.

The biggest shortage coming to the ag industry is going to be FARMERS!!!!

Buckle up boys life today is a picnic to what’s coming. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Partners's Avatar Aug 3, 2022 | 08:57 15 Retail doesn't know when to buy/order either..
    Don't want to get stuck with high price inventory.
    Product he received in July was ordered last Dec.. Reply With Quote
    Aug 3, 2022 | 09:01 16 Sad part is , it’s not necessary the retails on this fert thing , it’s the greedy ones at the top .
    Definitely a volatile situation but …. They are most definitely gouging at every opportunity.

And refusing to let crop prices stay at reasonable levels for us to handle the incredibly inflated input costs to us Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Partners's Avatar Aug 3, 2022 | 09:30 17 The world is never going to be the same

Had our AC charged up in swather yesterday.
    Price has tripled since last Dec.. Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Aug 3, 2022 | 10:39 18 You can thank the central banks for the drop in commodities. Money is rotating back into equities as they try to cover up the recession.

Big rug pull coming up for this industry. Just like 2008. Reply With Quote
    helmsdale's Avatar Aug 3, 2022 | 12:03 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post
    The world is never going to be the same

Had our AC charged up in swather yesterday.
    Price has tripled since last Dec..
    Ag suffered tremendously the last time inflation took serious hold. I doubt it'll be any different this time around.

I'm far too young, but remember the legends of old of how you could by a modestly appointed new half ton truck after cashing the cheque from a tandem load of wheat... This time around they teased us with the possibility that you could buy a somewhat reasonably appointed 1/2 ton that's 7 or 8 years USED for a SUPER B worth of wheat.

It's no longer a curse to say, "may we", it's more reasonable to accept that "we do", live in interesting times. Reply With Quote