Test agri-invest = environment audit? Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

agri-invest = environment audit?

Test
Jul 29, 2022 | 09:28 1 Is this true?

And who signed on to it.

What about increasing percentage?

What about not having a deadline to deposit?

Did the CEBA folks have to prove they drive an EV?

It seems the people representing us, the ag minister and APAS and Saskcrops sold us out again. Reply With Quote

  • SASKFARMER's Avatar Jul 29, 2022 | 09:32 2 yea that’s what it says so the one program that’s good the feds ****ed up.

    why sask and alberta and manitoba didn’t tell BoBoo to f u c k right off and take her climate shit and shove it up her ass. sorry being nice with a stupid gov doesn’t work. Reply With Quote

  • Jul 29, 2022 | 10:11 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    yea that’s what it says so the one program that’s good the feds ****ed up.

    why sask and alberta and manitoba didn’t tell BoBoo to f u c k right off and take her climate shit and shove it up her ass. sorry being nice with a stupid gov doesn’t work.
    I think they were kinda held over a barrel with the extra funding for other stuff. The feds probably tied all existing funding to this new framework. Dont sign... dont get. It would be nice to have one god damn elected official stand up and say...
    " no" for once though..

    Gotta toe that party line! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • blackpowder's Avatar Jul 29, 2022 | 10:13 4 Well Bucket, you and I were dead against the Code of Practice as designed, so it's getting put through in a different way.
    Obviously we were right. Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Jul 29, 2022 | 10:44 5 Is anyone surprised?

    Everything ties to Mr Trudeau's one and only goal that he seems to see as his legacy.

    The US has a bunch of similar stuff but it comes with real big and new money.
    Here the know their are no votes so they just squeeze with current funding. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jul 29, 2022 | 12:24 6 yes people think gorvenment dont know about agriculture , the know well what they are doing Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jul 29, 2022 | 14:22 7 Do people really need agrinvest to stay solvent? The day they require an environmental audit, is the day I am done with the program. It is a nice perk, but in no way decides whether I can eat or not for the year.

    If they do an environmental audit on the farm, should there not be on the cities as well? Do you think that dumping raw sewage into rivers, or big plumes of exhaust spewing from factories should get a pass? Reply With Quote

  • Jul 29, 2022 | 16:36 8
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    Do people really need agrinvest to stay solvent? The day they require an environmental audit, is the day I am done with the program. It is a nice perk, but in no way decides whether I can eat or not for the year.

    If they do an environmental audit on the farm, should there not be on the cities as well? Do you think that dumping raw sewage into rivers, or big plumes of exhaust spewing from factories should get a pass?
    10K awfully hard to pass up for most farmers, agree with your last paragraph something needs to be done with these cities dumping raw sewage into our rivers and oceans and getting a free pass. Government has many more issues to be fixed before metaling in our farm affairs. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • jazz's Avatar Jul 29, 2022 | 19:51 9 Won’t be in any program that triggers a review or audit by the clueless feds. Good thing crop insurance and hail insurance are provincial.

    But the cash advances are federal. I imagine those will get tied up with sustainability factors as well. Reply With Quote

  • Jul 29, 2022 | 20:04 10 flea beetle said - If they do an environmental audit on the farm, should there not be on the cities as well

    Yes, there should be. When I look at the growth of cities JUST IN THE LAST 50 YEARS, it leads me to believe that cities are the problem. They are an incredible heat sink considering all the concrete. Reply With Quote

  • Jul 30, 2022 | 07:23 11
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoggie View Post
    flea beetle said - If they do an environmental audit on the farm, should there not be on the cities as well

    Yes, there should be. When I look at the growth of cities JUST IN THE LAST 50 YEARS, it leads me to believe that cities are the problem. They are an incredible heat sink considering all the concrete.
    Seems odd to me that when you see those shots of North America from space that show all the lights where there are lots of people and the darkness where there are relatively few like where we live that it is all the dark areas that are now needing to cut emissions.

    Bad cows
    Bad oilfields
    Bad forestry
    Bad farmers etc etc. Reply With Quote

  • Jul 30, 2022 | 08:46 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpowder View Post
    Well Bucket, you and I were dead against the Code of Practice as designed, so it's getting put through in a different way.
    Obviously we were right.
    I asked the question during that code of practice online meetings if they were talking to the government about their plans.

    It embarrassing that farmers were involved with promoting this instead of explaining what farmers have done environmentally.

    And even more frustrating is that provinces signed on.

    How about no deadline for agri-invest deposits?

    No agristability fees?

    Did they tie environmental concerns to handing out all the pandemic aid to the average Canadian?
    Last edited by bucket; Jul 30, 2022 at 08:53.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jul 30, 2022 | 08:52 13
    Quote Originally Posted by flea beetle View Post
    Do people really need agrinvest to stay solvent? The day they require an environmental audit, is the day I am done with the program. It is a nice perk, but in no way decides whether I can eat or not for the year.

    If they do an environmental audit on the farm, should there not be on the cities as well? Do you think that dumping raw sewage into rivers, or big plumes of exhaust spewing from factories should get a pass?
    Interesting that at one percent to a maximum of $10000 , on most average sized farms it would take 50 years to cover off one disaster year.

    For Btos it doesn't do much at all. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • jazz's Avatar Jul 30, 2022 | 13:56 14 Bucket we treat aginvest just like another resp. Govt match we yank it out every yr and throw it in the stock market.

    Never did we think it was a disaster program. There is only ever going to be one disaster program and that’s crop insurance. Provinces should dump all this frame work crap and tell the feds to FO. Reply With Quote