• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning im running a little late off to the airport to fly to Ontario for a reunion this weekend.

Air Canada has changed my flights like I thought they would but it's actually better than before.

This week was the same weather for our area with rain then sunny day then rain again. The total for the farm is anywhere from 3 in too over 5.25 for the month of July. Last year all year from April to August was 3 inches then the 5 came in fall to end the year. Getting close to a foot of rain this year.

Ok before I get any further into the crop report I will be asking for my check-off money back again. We have incompetent people at all levels who think it's great to sign a deal with Ottawa with strings attached for our new Ag Programs. All tied to Climate Scam. Nothing we have achieved is on the table. Nothing we as farmers have done to help with any climate situation is even mentioned. All we get is the Stupid feds thinking we can grow crops with 30% less fertilizer and they are pouring millions into snake oil products that most don't do **** all but make a few guys million-dollar businesses thanks to Ottawa.

The big one that all farmers love is Ag Invest and it had a great intention to build up cash and when the shit hits the fence use it. Or pay tax on it when you retire and take the money out. Now if you have over a couple million in sales they will want you to do an assessment on your farm before you can get the matching deposits. This is opening up a can of shit that won't be easily put back in the bottle.

Also, I blame our idiot, provincial AG ministers, out west. WTF were you fools really doing? A fert drop of 30 % works if you're in the SW Sask growing 1/3 lentils and 1/3 durum and 1/3 Canola. But in the east and north, where it's Canola and Cereal we cant grow peas any more and lentils don't work in water. It is cutting our throats.

Fertilizer is ****ing expensive you think we're actually overusing it?

F U C K you F C C you were once run by decent people now you are a puppet for TRUDEAU. Collecting names is this Germany under Hitler. **** YOU>

Ok, let's move on to the Crop Report.

Crops are advancing fast and almost caught up to 2020, Last year at this time we all knew we had nothing to harvest or an average at best crop coming to below. I would still say 1 week behind for most.

Wheat is all headed in our area and flowering or filling. Most have been sprayed with a fungicide because with rain sun rain sun shower sun fog sun down pour it's wet in the canopy. The crop is still rated at 9/10 because it's late I won't go 10/10.

Durum is looking good except the odd field was seeded very late and could be a problem. All spayed that were seeded with a fungicide. 9/10

The barley we have some fields in the area that look like they are on irrigated land, yes that thick, most are looking good but the late are just heading now. 9/10 again because one frost and it's ****ed.

Canary seed is looking awesome. Never seen fields like this for guys that give their all.

Peas are still flowering but are slowly shutting down. They look the best ever for our area but one thing does worry me a bit with peas. Watch fields for Aphids, right now maybe 5 per plant but that number can explode and they do damage to young pods. Right now 9/10

Lentils don't like water and it's starting to really show up with huge yellow areas and brown and black. Again the south can keep this crop and durum and get out of growing canola.

Oats are growing like a weed and look good but one thing is funny not much is headed out yet and that's a worry did it grow massive plants mass and is taking too long to push out the head? 9/10 but it needs to speed up.

Flax is now full bloom and even the shitty fields look ok. Even for the organic guys, one field of flax on flax looks good.

Canola is anywhere from Full hard bloom to shutting down. Fungicides were done in most fields and yield potential is there. right now 9/10 but one frost and these crops are ****ed. Lots of Bread loaves right now coming.

Hay guys are having good yields but with rain rain rain its a struggle to get good quality. The second cut will be good if the rains slow down.

The pastures are real good and the grass is almost ahead of the cows.

So to sum it up our area is wet and getting wetter. We are losing land with every rain event.

Have a great week see you next Thursday.

OH **** YOU LIBERALS AND TRUDEAU> FCC may as well blacklist me too.

Comment

Comment

Oh, three other things to think about this next week.

USA Fertilizer prices continue to drop. Some still have inventory and those guys are trying like hell to keep it up at last year's gouging pieces. Yes, they ****ed us well.

USA Fed increased interest by 3/4 of a percent. Canada in the next one will go full bore and do it another 1% I'm thinking. One question why is the Canadian dollar crashing? Ah, a ****ing Trudeau who doesn't get that climate scam doesn't work and solar wind aren't the next great thing. Oil and gas still run the world for the next 100 years. ****ing stupid nitwits in Ottawa. Yes ****ing stupid.

The third thing is the heat is building in Europe and the central USA and they are harvesting so yields are dropping. Also who actually thinks the Russians aren't lighting Ukrainian fields on fire as they are just about ready to harvest? Come on how easy it would be to take out food and crush the Ukrainians. I'm sure Putin figured it out Biden well he has Covid and is too sleepy.

Comment

Well, with the amount of aphanomyces spreading through the lentils in our area, we won't be quitting growing canola in SW Sask and a 1/3 or 1/4 rotation is definitely not long enough. Plus the GP 2 resistant stinkweed that is becoming very apparent. There are some fields you can't see the lentils for the stinkweed, NLHB, sow thistle, etc.

Comment

I agree but our Prov Ag minister probably doesn't get that.

Peas its every 8 years in our area and I can show the fields that never had peas from the ones who are pushing that rotation. Snake oils don't work for this yet.

Comment

Also, two other things are not on any TV or Radio or Media paper the fact that a lot of Saskatchewan is still VERY DRY and a lot is very wet and Late.

Kind of important.

Comment

The biggest story in my immediate area would be hail. How many hail storms has your crop seen and how much damage. Some crops in the area have seen hail 4 times!

As far as peas go I am the only one left in this area growing peas. There would be at least 6 farmers in my area that have grown peas that no longer do. Not worth doing in their opinion, to hard on equipment. So all these head in their ass government types that think pulse crops are the answer-not in my area! My peas half were almost hailed out but recovered somewhat the other half look good so 6 out of ten.

Barley all headed and filling. Fungicide done over a week ago. Pretty well all has some hail damage, anywhere from 5-40%, so I would say a 7 out of ten.

Wheat no different from the barley except that some up to 80% hail damage so I would say wheat is a 6 out 10.

Canola is all over the map. Early on very spotty germination. Some fields had good germination. Fields were filling in nicely then came the hail. Some fields it pretty well missed. Later crops are recovering nicely. Those that missed the hail and had good germination are a 9 out of 10. At the other end of the scale some crops are a 3 out of 10.

Hay crops are a big improvement over last year but difficult to find 4-5 dry days to bale them up. Cows have lots of grass but certainly more pink eye and foot rot. Tried to get a dart gun to treat a few calves. The dealer had an order of 10 coming in all presold, she had no idea when or if she could get more.

Saskfarmer certainly summed up all that needs to be said about government, the Feds are totally off base and the Provincial ag ministers are complicit, they are all morons in my opinion. Anyway off to rake hay, rain in the forecast for tomorrow!

Comment

canola giving up
                  very dry in the swamp
                  peas are really good
                  cereals quite nice
                  gonna need some water yesterday

Comment

What's your rain total Case?
                    8.6 here.
                    Land 2 miles north 10.6..
                    Crops look good from the road..

Comment

You guys dont get it. They want that 3rd cop as a forage that you cant feed to your cows because they banned them too.

In regard to our provincial ag ministers, imagine for a minute what a meeting with the feds must be like. Agree to this or we cut all funding for these programs. End of meeting. Would you want to go back to your electorate and tell them the program is gone.

This is all heavy handed tactic from Trudeau.
                      Last edited by jazz; Jul 28, 2022, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        What's your rain total Case?
                        8.6 here.
                        Land 2 miles north 10.6..
                        Crops look good from the road..
                        im not sure , but nowhere near that ,

Comment

i can’t see our farm today to many clouds but there is katepawa and indian head.
                          ontario

wheels down one more puddle jumper

Comment

Having fun with the best crop of all……….😎

Got miles of lake all to ourselves which is unexpected for how beautiful it is out. Back to the grind tomorrow when some hay should be dry and ready to go. Might have even gone today but didn’t look since it would probably bother me. 😉

Hopefully everyone is able to have a little fun🍀

Comment

just chilling in rural london ontario.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.