• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is all the Sask working people?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is all the Sask working people?

Today we had two mechanics out, one from Ireland and the other South Africa. Have some custom mower operators in our area and both were from Central America. Built a couple large bins last year and the cement crew were from Manitoba (ties with mexico) and the bin builders were ex-Hutterites from southern Alberta.

I could keep going.. I’m just wondering where all our Saskatchewan people are working and why they can’t compete for these local jobs. Are all the farm kids staying on the farm or does no one leave the city anymore.

Not really a commodity topic, just something I’ve noticed more and more the last five years.

One of the main problems is folks don't have as many kids now . Used to be lots of families with 3 or 4 kids now its down to one or two. Quite a few farms sold in this area because there wasn't any one to take over. But my Amish neighbors are still doing there part to keep the white pop going !

Comment

The demographics of Saskatchewan have certainly changed. You can see it everywhere.

Comment

One farmer posted for harvest help $40 hr.
        Should call Monette sell out go work for that guy.

No stress sit back and relax.

I would feel like a CEO making that kind of money.

Comment

Roy Romanow! He built the two greatest citys in western Canada. Edmonton and Calgary.
          Last edited by 6V53; Jul 26, 2022, 10:16.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...