• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag ministers reach new 5 year deal

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag ministers reach new 5 year deal

Article in the Western Producer. The only plus side is I am not enrolled in Agristability nor do I intend to be. Reading this article I can’t see that the supposed new deal between the Feds and the Provinces does anything to encourage me to re-enter Agristability, in fact far from it.

Any producer with net sales exceeding $1 million needs an agri-environmental risk assessment by 2025 in order to receive AgriInvest contributions.

Comment

Only one opinion on this? Many have asked that the compensation rate be raised, they have now raised it to 80%

No comment on the $250 million devoted to the Resilient Agriculture Landscape Program which will reward farmers for environmental stewardship?

No comment on the agri-environmental risk assessment requirement to receive funds by 2025?

Did the provincial ministers sign on because they knew it wouldn’t cost them any more money?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Only one opinion on this? Many have asked that the compensation rate be raised, they have now raised it to 80%

No comment on the $250 million devoted to the Resilient Agriculture Landscape Program which will reward farmers for environmental stewardship?

No comment on the agri-environmental risk assessment requirement to receive funds by 2025?

Did the provincial ministers sign on because they knew it wouldn’t cost them any more money?
        It’s hard to formulate a strong opinion based on n article like that which is extremely short on details.I wonder if there is better info on the sask ag site?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
          It’s hard to formulate a strong opinion based on n article like that which is extremely short on details.I wonder if there is better info on the sask ag site?
          You don’t need details sheep. It’s clear as day that all at programs are going to tied to some sort of sustainability factors. You will be audited out the wazoo to participate.

Ag invest is the only federal program I am in but for that measly amount they contribute it’s not worth having them nose around my operation.

Ag ministers probably had a gun held to their head. Agree or funds get cut. This govt is all stick.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            You don’t need details sheep. It’s clear as day that all at programs are going to tied to some sort of sustainability factors. You will be audited out the wazoo to participate.

Ag invest is the only federal program I am in but for that measly amount they contribute it’s not worth having them nose around my operation.

Ag ministers probably had a gun held to their head. Agree or funds get cut. This govt is all stick.
            Oh for sure. It can’t be good. That is why it’s short on details IMO.

Comment

So the provinces agreed to this environment stuff?

Who are they really representing?

Linking environmental issues to a 10000 dollar agri-invest matching contribution?

Someone didn't think very hard on this.

I thought maybe that would say because I use an environmentally friendly (cough) machinery with a tier whatever engine , farmers would qualify.

Who is representing the average farmer?

Comment

Hamloc - that wasn't my opinion. Just more information.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Only a fool would sign an agreement like that !
                  Well that pretty much sums it up. Marit doesn't qualify as a fool. He is just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Well that pretty much sums it up. Marit doesn't qualify as a fool. He is just stupid.
                    From the RRFN today:

“Canada’s Fertilizer Reduction Climate Plan – During meetings with his provincial ministers Friday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he is moving forward with plans to cap fertilizer usage. Trudeau wants a 30 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions and that can’t be done without a significant drop in fertilizer usage. The provincial agricultural ministers in Saskatchewan and Alberta criticized the climate change plan, saying it will be “catastrophic’ for farmers and increase food prices.“

Apparently Provincial Ag Ministers from AB, SK, and Ontario asked specifically to discuss this policy, BoBo refused to discuss it at all.

Trudeau and his drones fail Canadians, Food security issues, and responsibility to humanity .

Comment

Why didn't they drop the fees for agristability?

You pay prior to the crop, they don't do the calculations until June of the next year with excuses as to why they haven't completed after 30 days of forms submitted.

Comment

Quick Dick McDick on the Canadian Fertilizer Ban

Comment

With respect to quick dick all his videos come from the premise that this govt just doesn’t understand. That they are mildly incompetent.

We are way beyond that. This an evil agenda and that needs to be exposed and destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            With respect to quick dick all his videos come from the premise that this govt just doesn’t understand. That they are mildly incompetent.

We are way beyond that. This an evil agenda and that needs to be exposed and destroyed.
                            Laughter is the best medicine , however we don't know what we are laughing at with regards to the new mandates the government is thinking of, do we?

There is some serious shit going on that will leave no one able to laugh about this.

And quite frankly, APAS and its former president who now sits on the CFA along with every other group saying they represent farmers along with the politicians have essentially sold us out.

There is no other way to look at it.

Oh wait, yes there is, they are all incompetent to sign on and cheerlead a new BRM framework while knowing full well the fertilizer reduction mandate was coming.

just idiotic. But they got their per diems for sitting in a meeting pretending to represent farm families.

Comment

What exactly are the fertilizer reduction targets. Friend of mine says what we use in our hills won’t be affected cause it’s quite low compared to guys in the 100# club. I don’t know but 30% less of f all is still f all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...