Test That didn’t last long Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

That didn’t last long

Test
Aug 1, 2022 | 13:41 61 I can see Putin letting a couple ships go but more conditions will be presented to allow more. More talks will proceed. He won’t get everything but something and the cycle continues. Long game chess for vlad. Reply With Quote
Landdownunder's Avatar Aug 1, 2022 | 15:50 62 See China getting antsy about Nancy visiting a few veiled threats. Reply With Quote
Aug 1, 2022 | 16:19 63 Nancy might need a Carrier Fleet escort. Reply With Quote
Aug 1, 2022 | 17:44 64 Russia has a functioning military albeit antiquated and low morale. China on the other hand has a military with no battle experience unless you count intimidating its citizens or fistfights in the Himalayas with Indians. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

    LEP

  • Aug 1, 2022 | 19:54 65
    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    Russia has a functioning military albeit antiquated and low morale. China on the other hand has a military with no battle experience unless you count intimidating its citizens or fistfights in the Himalayas with Indians.
    China has enough economic problems ...now... without getting into an economic war with Washington. China already messed up Hong Kong... Their real estate system is in collapse... they are in an industrial recession... US sanctions on top would not be in their interests...




    Pelosi is doing what Biden doesn't have the balls to do... Reply With Quote
    Aug 1, 2022 | 19:56 66
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    China has enough economic problems ...now... without getting into an economic war with Washington. China already messed up Hong Kong... Their real estate system is in collapse... they are in an industrial recession... US sanctions on top would not be in their interests...




    Pelosi is doing what Biden doesn't have the balls to do...
    Reply With Quote
    Aug 1, 2022 | 21:52 67 China is flexing cause Brandon is weak on the scale of Jimmy Carter. Pelosi has more gumption than that old prune. China I hope had miscalculated the Americans here and awakens the beast. Potential two front war in the making. How does India respond? Geopolitics is fun to follow but not as fun to live. Reply With Quote

  • Aug 2, 2022 | 03:18 68
    Quote Originally Posted by WiltonRanch View Post
    China is flexing cause Brandon is weak on the scale of Jimmy Carter. Pelosi has more gumption than that old prune. China I hope had miscalculated the Americans here and awakens the beast. Potential two front war in the making. How does India respond? Geopolitics is fun to follow but not as fun to live.
    Speaking of.... miscalculations....

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world

    Nuclear annihilation just one miscalculation away, UN chief warns
    Published
    14 hours ago

    [https://www.bbc.com/news/world-62381425]
    UN Secretary-General Guterres addresses media prior to Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference in New York
    IMAGE SOURCE, REUTERS
    Image caption,
    The Secretary General warned the world had been "lucky" to avoid global nuclear war
    The world is one misstep from devastating nuclear war and in peril not seen since the Cold War, the UN Secretary General has warned.
    "We have been extraordinarily lucky so far," Antonio Guterres said.
    Amid rising global tensions, "humanity is just one misunderstanding, one miscalculation away from nuclear annihilation", he added.
    His remarks came at the opening of a conference for countries signed up to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
    The 1968 deal was introduced after the Cuban missile crisis, an event often portrayed as the closest the world ever came to nuclear war. The treaty was designed to stop the spread of nuclear weapons to more countries, and to pursue the ultimate goal of complete nuclear disarmament.
    Almost every nation on Earth is signed up to the NPT, including the five biggest nuclear powers. But among the handful of states never to sign are four known or suspected to have nuclear weapons: India, Israel, North Korea and Pakistan.
    Secretary General Guterres said the "luck" the world had enjoyed so far in avoiding a nuclear catastrophe may not last - and urged the world to renew a push towards eliminating all such weapons.
    "Luck is not a strategy. Nor is it a shield from geopolitical tensions boiling over into nuclear conflict," he said.
    And he warned that those international tensions were "reaching new highs" - pointing specifically to the invasion of Ukraine, tensions on the Korean peninsula and in the Middle East as examples.
    Russia was widely accused of escalating tensions when days after his invasion of Ukraine in February, President Vladimir Putin put Russia's substantial nuclear forces on high alert.
    He also threatened anyone standing in Russia's way with consequences "you have never seen in your history". Russia's nuclear strategy includes the use of nuclear weapons if the state's existence is under threat.
    On Monday, Mr Putin wrote to the same non-proliferation conference Mr Guterres opened, declaring that "there can be no winners in a nuclear war and it should never be unleashed".
    But Russia still found itself criticised at the NPT conference.
    US Secretary of State Antony Blinken condemned what he called Russia's sabre-rattling - and pointed out that Ukraine had handed over its Soviet-era nuclear weapons in 1994, after receiving assurances of its future security from Russia and others.
    "What message does this send to any country around the world that may think that it needs to have nuclear weapons - to protect, to defend, to deter aggression against its sovereignty and independence?" he asked. "The worst possible message". *[Russia signed the 1994 Nuclear weapons non-aggression treaty... the US and Great Britain promised to protect Ukrainians] ...
    Today, some 13,000 nuclear weapons are thought to remain in service in the arsenals of the nine nuclear-armed states - far lower than the estimated 60,000 stockpiled during the peak of the mid-1980s."...
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Aug 2, 2022 at 03:20.
    Reply With Quote
    Aug 2, 2022 | 03:37 69
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Speaking of.... miscalculations....

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world

    Nuclear annihilation just one miscalculation away, UN chief warns
    Published
    14 hours ago

    [https://www.bbc.com/news/world-62381425]
    UN Secretary-General Guterres addresses media prior to Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review conference in New York
    IMAGE SOURCE, REUTERS
    Image caption,
    The Secretary General warned the world had been "lucky" to avoid global nuclear war
    The world is one misstep from devastating nuclear war and in peril not seen since the Cold War, the UN Secretary General has warned.
    "We have been extraordinarily lucky so far," Antonio Guterres said.
    Amid rising global tensions, "humanity is just one misunderstanding, one miscalculation away from nuclear annihilation", he added.
    His remarks came at the opening of a conference for countries signed up to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
    The 1968 deal was introduced after the Cuban missile crisis, an event often portrayed as the closest the world ever came to nuclear war. The treaty was designed to stop the spread of nuclear weapons to more countries, and to pursue the ultimate goal of complete nuclear disarmament.
    Almost every nation on Earth is signed up to the NPT, including the five biggest nuclear powers. But among the handful of states never to sign are four known or suspected to have nuclear weapons: India, Israel, North Korea and Pakistan.
    Secretary General Guterres said the "luck" the world had enjoyed so far in avoiding a nuclear catastrophe may not last - and urged the world to renew a push towards eliminating all such weapons.
    "Luck is not a strategy. Nor is it a shield from geopolitical tensions boiling over into nuclear conflict," he said.
    And he warned that those international tensions were "reaching new highs" - pointing specifically to the invasion of Ukraine, tensions on the Korean peninsula and in the Middle East as examples.
    Russia was widely accused of escalating tensions when days after his invasion of Ukraine in February, President Vladimir Putin put Russia's substantial nuclear forces on high alert.
    He also threatened anyone standing in Russia's way with consequences "you have never seen in your history". Russia's nuclear strategy includes the use of nuclear weapons if the state's existence is under threat.
    On Monday, Mr Putin wrote to the same non-proliferation conference Mr Guterres opened, declaring that "there can be no winners in a nuclear war and it should never be unleashed".
    But Russia still found itself criticised at the NPT conference.
    US Secretary of State Antony Blinken condemned what he called Russia's sabre-rattling - and pointed out that Ukraine had handed over its Soviet-era nuclear weapons in 1994, after receiving assurances of its future security from Russia and others.
    "What message does this send to any country around the world that may think that it needs to have nuclear weapons - to protect, to defend, to deter aggression against its sovereignty and independence?" he asked. "The worst possible message". *[Russia signed the 1994 Nuclear weapons non-aggression treaty... the US and Great Britain promised to protect Ukrainians] ...
    Today, some 13,000 nuclear weapons are thought to remain in service in the arsenals of the nine nuclear-armed states - far lower than the estimated 60,000 stockpiled during the peak of the mid-1980s."...
    Just in case you missed it the first time... the Ukraine gave up the worlds 3rd biggest nuclear weapons stockpile... giving it to Russia... in exchange for 'security guarantees'... the '1994 Budapest Memorandum'*



    Reply With Quote
    Aug 2, 2022 | 03:45 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Just in case you missed it the first time... the Ukraine gave up the worlds 3rd biggest nuclear weapons stockpile... giving it to Russia... in exchange for 'security guarantees'... the '1994 Budapest Memorandum'*



    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-60565970 Reply With Quote
    Aug 2, 2022 | 03:48 71
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-60565970



    Ros Atkins on... Russia’s nuclear threat
    Close
    Ros Atkins looks at the history of nuclear tensions and deals between the US and Russia.
    Published
    1 March
    Section
    BBC News
    Subsection
    World Reply With Quote
    Aug 2, 2022 | 03:52 72 https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-62379654

    We... hope... no mistakes....

    "Ukraine war: 'We hope nothing will happen' - Grain ship crew

    The first ship carrying grain has left a Ukrainian port under a deal with Russia.
    Turkish and Ukrainian officials say the vessel, the Razoni, left the southern port of Odesa early on Monday morning local time.
    Russia has been blockading Ukrainian ports since February, but the two sides agreed a deal to resume shipments.
    Abdullah Jendi, an engineer aboard the Razoni, said: "We hope nothing will happen and that we will not commit a mistake."
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Aug 2, 2022 at 03:55.
    Reply With Quote
    Aug 2, 2022 | 15:26 73 https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-ge...130939205.htmlReuters
    Ukraine gets more U.S., German rocket launcher systems - minister

    Mon, August 1, 2022, 7:09 AM
    "(Reuters) - Ukraine has received more German and U.S.-made multiple rocket launcher systems, part of a series of deliveries of the high-precision heavy weapons promised by its allies, its defence minister said on Monday." Reply With Quote
    biglentil's Avatar Aug 2, 2022 | 15:51 74 And in other news not reported on by MSM the biggest geopolitical shift of the century, BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) have announced an agreement to create a new global reserve currency as an alternative to USD. This new currency will be backed by commodities including Gold, Silver, Platinum, Nickel, and Uranium.

    It appears the US fed is losing its stranglehold on the monopoly to print dollars and offload that inflation on the world. Have you ever wondered why the US spending accounts for 45% of the worlds total military spending and magically one month since the announcement by the Brics tensions are ratcheting up with China.
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 2, 2022 at 16:15.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Aug 2, 2022 | 16:59 75
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-ge...130939205.htmlReuters
    Ukraine gets more U.S., German rocket launcher systems - minister

    Mon, August 1, 2022, 7:09 AM
    "(Reuters) - Ukraine has received more German and U.S.-made multiple rocket launcher systems, part of a series of deliveries of the high-precision heavy weapons promised by its allies, its defence minister said on Monday."
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...690b5509ee77ce

    Reuters

    Russia says United States is directly involved in Ukraine war
    10h

    LONDON (Reuters) - Russia on Tuesday said that the United States, the world's top military power, was directly involved in the conflict in Ukraine because U.S. spies were approving and coordinating Ukrainian missile strikes on Russian forces.

    Russia's invasion of Ukraine has triggered the most serious crisis in relations between Russia and the West since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, when many people feared the world was on the brink of nuclear war.

    Russia's defence ministry, headed by a close ally of President Vladimir Putin, said Vadym Skibitsky, Ukraine's deputy head of military intelligence, had admitted to the Telegraph newspaper that Washington coordinates HIMARS missile strikes.

    "All this undeniably proves that Washington, contrary to White House and Pentagon claims, is directly involved in the conflict in Ukraine," the defence ministry said.

    U.S. President Joe Biden has said he wants Ukraine to defeat Russia and has supplied billions of dollars of arms to Kyiv but U.S. officials do not want a direct confrontation between U.S. and Russian soldiers.

    Russia said the Biden administration was responsible for missile attacks on civilian targets in areas controlled by Russian-backed forces in eastern Ukraine.

    "It is the Biden administration that is directly responsible for all Kiev-approved rocket attacks on residential areas and civilian infrastructure in populated areas of Donbas and other regions, which have resulted in mass deaths of civilians," the defence ministry said." Reply With Quote