• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Good morning so did some miles this week and I think we should talk about the elephant in the room for Sask.

Last week's heat was nice for Craven Country but not for the crops.

Between Regina and Saskatoon Canola is done flowering and not very nice all the way to almost Battleford. Then on 16 back to Yorkton some nice stuff compared to last year but south to the Fort things get late. Then areas with hail and now excess rain. Water everywhere.

Also, the other thing is Grasshoppers are out and getting worse.

Now the other big thing is the East side is late and slowly catching up but late. Seen guys still spraying yesterday, no not fungicide.

I did enjoy Ag In Motion and attended Tuesday and Wed due to extreme rain in our area. It's a great show, They still need to go to Disney and see how to park cars and get vehicles out. Plus the province pisses away millions of bullshit why not get a few lanes to build to get on to the 16 and get better internet on the grounds so systems don't crash when you're trying to pay for things with a visa. Other than that it's a great show.

Oh did get to touch elbows with Bo BOO our Fed Ag minister and our Sask Ag Minister. Actually, I was in the way when they were looking at wheat Barley oats, and Canola Plots. This is wheat barley oats and Canola he was showing the fed minister. I bit my tongue and didn't say anything. Maybe someone should have explained to the minister that the plots were nice due to fertilizer spray and water. Cutting one step like the liberals want to do is going to be disastrous. But no let's be nice and let them steamroll over us then wonder why things are ****ed up.

Being nice hasn't worked very well.

Ok here is the crop report.

Excess rain is now the order of the day in our area. Water is all over the place we are approaching a foot for the year.

Wheat is flowering and just about all has been sprayed with a fungicide but due to rain Friday then nice Saturday and finally can go spray on Sunday till big rain storm then Monday afternoon spray till dark and Tuesday big big rain just another week in East Sask. Lodging is now happening even with VB rate it that lush but oh so late. 9/10 should be a 10 but oh so late.

Barley early is headed and sprayed late and is going to get sprayed for a fungicide this week. still, a very nice 9/10 but not a 10 because of the lateness of the crop, and most were seeded last.

Flax is all sprayed and looking really nice. 8/10

Oats heading or thinking about it. most have sprayed a fungicide. 9/10

Durum is nice and early seeded is thick and has no signs of fuzz but is all sprayed.

Canola liked the heat last week and with our moisture did gain ground in our area all fields are flowering and only the early may odd seeded field is shutting down. Thick tall and big pods are forming. Most are spraying a fungicide. 9/10 so far but if we get more heat and rain once a week till the end could be a 10 but one frost and were ****ed.

Hay guys have one **** of a crop coming but if you cut on a Thursday because environment Canada had clear and sunny for the next week (because of craven I'm sure they can't spoil a party with bad weather advisory). Because cut then rains then dry then rake and heavy rain before can bale then nice and rain again.

Pastures are doing really well.

So to wrap it up I won't be doing a provincial crop tour since I have to go to Ontario for a reunion next week and into August I will be gone. Like a lot of guys said at AIM it's a crop that's better than last year. Well, last year was a shit show and a little better is better for sure. Some guys have given up on Grasshoppers due to heat and crop is done, so drought is still in some areas. Others have given up due to too much rain because fields are saturated.

Enjoy the summer heat and stay safe.

A lot of early Canola around here has finished flowering. Just thinking later Canola is blooming during this moderate period, should have a better chance of avoiding heat blast. Some of ours has had 7 inches of rain this last week, it’s feet should be cool. 😂

Comment

Agreed on traffic from Ag to stoon.
      Last week drove to Strathmore via Drumheller. Now thru Bford to Stoon.
      And on to Estevan and back thru either Outlook or SC, haven't decided.
      I'd say we're going to get an average to slightly above for the prairie crop I've seen. The usual top areas are tops.
      The usual dry or hot areas look as such but with good stand.
      Just fair canola yields bumped by acre amounts. Glad I sold lots of wheat.
      A fair number of pea acres.
      Also oats where I've never seen it before. Finding a home for mine second its off. Only saw a couple canola wrecks, actually see more around my place once off the hiway.
      Only hail from the hiway is west of me.

Comment

If you go through Outlook , Biggar and west you will see very dry area for hours and lots of hail damage

Comment

Comment

Dry in NW Sask now
            Nearly 14 days with 1/10 th
            This crop will struggle to finish here now
            Probably lost the top 30% off canola yields
            Wheat showing stress
            Peas shut down

Hopefully get an average crop at best here, less south and east
            north it’s been a blessing to dry out along Hiway 3

Comment

durum

pioneer 506

Comment

crop is better than 2021 but has big problem areas that no one is talking about.

Learn three words this fall.

Late

Drought

Flood

Comment

It can’t freeze ! global warming on every news channel! Come on man ! Lmafo these leftist leaders are a joke .

Comment

Canola 7/10, it's short and will struggle to fill.
                    Wheat 9/10
                    Barley 8/10
                    Canary 8/10
                    Mustard 8/10

Comment

A producer article about drop conditions being on track for an average crop. The problem areas are minor and small and will be made up for by the good areas. Then they added this:
                      There are patches of dry areas around Rosetown, Sask., and in pockets of Alberta, such as Red Deer, but nothing significant.

Is there another red deer on the prairies that I'm not aware of? Everything I've seen around Red Deer is still suffering the effects of the excess water for a month. Huge areas drowned out I hardly seen a canola crop that was even average for this time of year. I realize east of Red Deer started out to dry, but as far as I know most areas have had at least enough rain if not excess by now. Definitely calls into question the accuracy of the rest of the article.

Comment

Crops must be great..
                        Prices dropping like a rock..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Crops must be great..
                          Prices dropping like a rock..
                          Prices are really dropping:
                          Glyphosate - $13L FAK!!

Fert down from the highs but won’t be long till it’s up
                          They will say if the crop is that big they can afford to pay for the fert even if commodity prices are down.

Friend picked up one triple guard for honeybee header … $90

The list goes on ….

Comment

just having fun

Comment

flax starting to bloom

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...