• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry, who is this Statscan of which you speak?

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
      Here is where we diverge in opinions...

Storms? The amount of hail loss versus the shower that just went through is a net gain on bushels. The deluge in MB this morning is a different story.
      Export Sales reporting - dick done - resolutions passed everywhere.
      Carbon Credit bs - nothing done and now western Canada is looking at the same s/h/i/t/ that Netherlands are...

So keep giving up free info...the Sat data IS not showing 2013 values yet.
      You give up enough of your info to STATSCAN and get nothing back in return.
      No one draws a line in the sand...just keep giving.

Not everyone is in the aqua zone:

[ATTACH]10769[/ATTACH]
      I don’t give them SFA
      Never have
      Told them to come get me
      Never have

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        Speaking of Weather [Solar]

Adam Smith
        Mon, July 18, 2022, 4:18 AM

"A solar storm is predicted to hit the Earth tomorrow [that was today.....but] that could disrupt GPS and radio signals.

The impact of a “snake-like filament” from the Sun, which Nasa predicts will happen on 19 July, will be a “direct hit” according to Dr Tamitha Skov, adding that we should “expect signal disruptions on Earth’s nightside”. It is also possible that aurora might be visible in some regions of the Earth.

Direct Hit! A snake-like filament launched as a big #solarstorm while in the Earth-strike zone. NASA predicts impact early July 19. Strong #aurora shows possible with this one, deep into mid-latitudes. Amateur #radio & #GPS users expect signal disruptions on Earth's nightside. pic.twitter.com/7FHgS63xiU

— Dr. Tamitha Skov (@TamithaSkov) July 16, 2022

However, it is possible that the storm could also come later this week. The G1-class storm – which is “minor” but could impact satellite operations – could strike the Earth on 20 or 21 July, according to SpaceWeather.

The origins of the storm come from a coronal mass ejection, a release of plasma and magnetic energy, which leapt from the Sun on 15 July by an unstable filament of magnetism. These eruptions are capable of releasing 100,000 times more energy than all the power plants on Earth generate throughout a year."

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/solar-stor...101857176.html
        Drugs are a wonderful thing!🙄🤪

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
          Here is where we diverge in opinions...

Storms? The amount of hail loss versus the shower that just went through is a net gain on bushels. The deluge in MB this morning is a different story.
          Export Sales reporting - dick done - resolutions passed everywhere.
          Carbon Credit bs - nothing done and now western Canada is looking at the same s/h/i/t/ that Netherlands are...

So keep giving up free info...the Sat data IS not showing 2013 values yet.
          You give up enough of your info to STATSCAN and get nothing back in return.
          No one draws a line in the sand...just keep giving.

Not everyone is in the aqua zone:

[ATTACH]10769[/ATTACH]
          Larry do u have some kind of preliminary estimate made yet? Hard to decipher how much good and bad out there and will it make an average crop across the prairies. Wild card will be frost free days we get.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Just Weather in Europe. Record high temp. No water for crops etc. We shall see if this "weather" lasts more than this year.
            Realistically Agstar I am not going to bother debating as neither of us will change our outlook. But as far as weather goes we had a nasty little storm come through this afternoon, hail in some areas as big as golf balls. Damage anywhere from 5% to 100%. What really surprised me was one person I talked to farms quite a spread out land base, 46 miles from farthest North to farthest south. Every piece of land had some hail damage, some only 5-10%, some more significant. Usually spreading out your land base spreads out your risk. I had some wheat hailed out over 50%. A neighbour over 6 miles away lost a steel Quonset that was built in the 70’s. Nasty Weather.

Comment

I hope these events don't become the norm whatever the cause. Probably nothing we do or can do to change this. The U.N. cannot even stop a evil little man from destroying a country.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                The U.N. cannot even stop a evil little man from destroying a country.
                Don’t worry we can try to vote out Trudeau in the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Didn't work last time.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Good luck with that.... the climate cult has a 'spell' that the vast majority of Canadians have been bullied and frightened into believing... plus the Liberal/NDP 'fountain of free money' is very seductive!

Comment

Just look at most headlines from the MSM or the weather channels. Same shit all the time. Record hot. Record humidity. Record low water levels. Record flooding. Everything’s a record. Most people don’t pay attention to wether it’s true or not but it sticks in their mind so it becomes the norm to hear this. Especially record heat. Never record cold.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        Just Weather!

Yellow and Green for miles and miles!

Blessings and Salutations
                        Hope you miss the 30 degrees. Lots of blanks and poorly filed pods where the later canola bloomed in 30+

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                          Just look at most headlines from the MSM or the weather channels. Same shit all the time. Record hot. Record humidity. Record low water levels. Record flooding. Everything’s a record. Most people don’t pay attention to wether it’s true or not but it sticks in their mind so it becomes the norm to hear this. Especially record heat. Never record cold.
                          The entire Pacific NW in the U.S. had near record cold for a month and a half this spring …. Not a word
                          Oh and all of western Canada btw
                          Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 20, 2022, 10:45.

Comment

Fyi
                            I don't respond to surveys, Chem. companies, dept stores, stats Can, etc email, mail, or phone

Due to intellectual property, security, privacy, risks associated with replying to outside emails or even phone calls, we can not properly verify the origin or safety of their networks.

Thats how i respond to inquiries.

Comment

Just weather in China heat wave destroying crops.

Comment

If you believe the Country Guide.
                                Possible Frost end of August..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.