• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest shootings in U.S.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Trudeau twice yesterday said firearms will be banned in Canada. Twice. He did not say handguns. He said firearms. That kind of thing is frightening, or should be.

So background checks work, i suppose, if you are dealing with “stable” people who have a checkered history. IE. It will potentially help if something comes up about a gun buyer. But how many times will that happen? All of the shooters are wingnut idiots, often with no priors.

Republicans have tried and failed to arm schools to the teeth. Democrats are against that. Cuz all guns are evil. The stories that are out there where a good guy with a gun, often a gal actually, who stopped an idiot, are plenty. But we don’t hear about it. Because it doesn’t fit. When a society is so full of weaponry, in my view there is no choice but to ensure there are non criminals with guns to help the impossible policing issues.

Funny, that. Liberals want to defund the police. But they also want the citizenry unarmed. I simply can’t square that.
    This shooting and the mass shooting in Buffalo on May 14/2022 didn't happen at schools.

I guess your suggesting there be armored guards s with AR-15s and body armor at every location where people gather in the USA. Funerals, wedding, religious gathering, grads, bingos, fall suppers, county fairs, agi shows, etc etc.

More guns and training according to you. Wild Wild West Sheep's solution. "I simply can't square that"

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      This shooting and the mass shooting in Buffalo on May 14/2022 didn't happen at schools.

I guess your suggesting there be armored guards s with AR-15s and body armor at every location where people gather in the USA. Funerals, wedding, religious gathering, grads, bingos, fall suppers, county fairs, agi shows, etc etc.

More guns and training according to you. Wild Wild West Sheep's solution. "I simply can't square that"
      Look. Im not a gun person. Dont hunt. I get why you do or would but it doesnt matter to me. We let people hunt geese and deer all throughout our farmland. No biggie. No matter what side of the fence you sit on here...there is 1 common denominator that not 1 single person can get around. And thats. GUNS. So blame the ability to get a gun or an auto or semi auto gun. Or blame the lack of registry system. Or blame the medical system and background checks ( or lack there of). None of it matters when a room full of 2 to 5 year olds gets gunned down. I have a 1.5 and 3 yr old and I fear for the day a gunned person walks down my driveway. Im going to go get a gun for just that day. Because unfortunately, there are already too many guns out there illegally ( or legally) to solve this problem with an all out ban on firearms. It sucks but thats the reality. There is no other reality where gun confiscation works, unless its 100% every single gun out there is taken up worldwide. And thats impossible. The answer is so far beyond anyones comprehension...that there isnt one. It sucks but this is the bed society has made so now we all, unfortunately, have to lie in it.

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
        Look. Im not a gun person. Dont hunt. I get why you do or would but it doesnt matter to me. We let people hunt geese and deer all throughout our farmland. No biggie. No matter what side of the fence you sit on here...there is 1 common denominator that not 1 single person can get around. And thats. GUNS. So blame the ability to get a gun or an auto or semi auto gun. Or blame the lack of registry system. Or blame the medical system and background checks ( or lack there of). None of it matters when a room full of 2 to 5 year olds gets gunned down. I have a 1.5 and 3 yr old and I fear for the day a gunned person walks down my driveway. Im going to go get a gun for just that day. Because unfortunately, there are already too many guns out there illegally ( or legally) to solve this problem with an all out ban on firearms. It sucks but thats the reality. There is no other reality where gun confiscation works, unless its 100% every single gun out there is taken up worldwide. And thats impossible. The answer is so far beyond anyones comprehension...that there isnt one. It sucks but this is the bed society has made so now we all, unfortunately, have to lie in it.
        I don't hunt either but all my children do and their spouses do. Non of them complain about gun registry or background checks.

So what's the big deal with Americans of having to do it.

Sorry to hear you feel so threated here in Canada that you feel the need to purchase a gun to protect your children.

Just question for you, do you feel that your capable of firing a gun at another human being when the time comes and during all the chaos will your shooting skills only hit the attended target?

The other concern that you may have that Sheep didn't want to touch is that shooting just don't happen in at the end of your driveway, are you going to pack your gun with you when you drop your kids off at school, sporting event, birthday parties, etc etc. ?

Comment

If my family were under threat from a deranged madman, I would certainly be able to pull the trigger. Not even a question.

Would it be fun? Would I love taking another human life? No. It would be awful. As far as hitting the wrong target, this is rural Saskatchewan, not Toronto, so yeah, I’m confident in my shooting ability.

Comment

I don’t believe you can purchase a firearm for self defence, if you have a firearm and use it for self defence you are probably okay as long as you didn’t over do it, it must be a reasonable response to the threat.

I can’t see Trudeau disarming the population, two years ago when he tried banning the AR15s you had a tough time finding a four foot chunk of ABS pipe and end caps, people bought them up to store and hide guns in them. The Indians won’t give up guns and most other people won’t ether, in reality most gun enthusiasts have a lifetime of guns and ammunition, after all these draconian lockdowns and a dictatorship government I guarantee guns are here to stay whether or not they are legally permitted, all I need is the tools in my shop and I will always have a firearm....

Comment

Former Japanese PM shot with shotgun tonight

Comment

Wasn’t me, I’m a peaceful peace loving Canadian rancher!

Comment

Might seem odd to you Forage and Aggie but Americans are not the same as Canadians.

Their history is very much different and they are proud of it.

They ran the British off 100 years before Canadian confederation. Spilled a lot of blood to do it but weren't stuck with a British parliamentary system after.

They had a little Civil War there about the time of our confederation. 600 thousand dead before it was over.
                  More than US casualties in WWI,WWII,Korea,and Viet Nam combined.

You might say their history is a little more bloodied than ours.

When Eastern Canada sent troops to suppress uprisings in Western province's they were still comanded by British Generals.

When Canada sent troops to WWI they still were under British comanders.
                  150 years after the Americans kicked their asses out.

So you can talk about their looney 2nd amendment that they wrote in to make sure they could protect themselves from bad government with a armed populous but they really don't even know you exist. They have no interest in your opinion about their policies.
                  Last edited by shtferbrains; Jul 7, 2022, 23:05.

Comment

[QUOTE=shtferbrains;544051]Might seem odd to you Forage and Aggie but Americans are not the same as Canadians.

Their history is very much different and they are proud of it.

They ran the British off 100 years before Canadian confederation. Spilled a lot of blood to do it but weren't stuck with a British parliamentary system after.

They had a little Civil War there about the time of our confederation. 600 thousand dead before it was over.
                    More than US casualties in WWI,WWII,Korea,and Viet Nam combined.

You might say their history is a little more bloodied than ours.

When Eastern Canada sent troops to suppress uprisings in Western province's they were still comanded by British Generals.

When Canada sent troops to WWI they still were under British comanders.
                    150 years after the Americans kicked their asses out.

So you can talk about their looney 2nd amendment that they wrote in to make sure they could protect themselves from bad government with a armed populous but they really don't even know you exist. They have no interest in your opinion about their policies.[/QUOT

Oh you don't have to school me on the difference between us Canadians and the Americans, and I am thankful for that every day.

As for being proud of our Canadian history, I'm especially proud of the victories we had over the Americans in the war of 1812 when we beat their asses back on several occasions to their own country.

Canadian pride was already showing long before we were a country and our fore fathers were smart enough to know not to allow them into the territory of future Canada. I guess they already realize Americans had issues.

As for me thinking Americans have an interest in my opinions regarding their policies, unlike others on Agriville I have never taken anything that seriously on this farmer chat line.

Besides I never started the thread.
                    Last edited by foragefarmer; Jul 8, 2022, 06:50.

Comment

Actually had we lost in 1812 maybe your grain wouldn't have such a long journey to coast. Oilsands would be full bore. And Quebec wouldn't exist as we know it.
                      I'm beginning to hate this topic.
                      The discussion is now polarized. A point where few make sense and no one changes their mind.
                      Looking at those photos reminds me of watching Ken Burns' latest series on youth mental health in America. Similar here im sure. System failure. Societal ignorance.
                      Topped off with a 2 year lockdown.
                      Folks, you ain't seen nothing yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        Actually had we lost in 1812 maybe your grain wouldn't have such a long journey to coast. Oilsands would be full bore. And Quebec wouldn't exist as we know it.
                        The discussion is now polarized. A point where few make sense and no one changes their mind.
                        Looking at those photos reminds me of watching Ken Burns' latest series on youth mental health in America. Similar here im sure. System failure. Societal ignorance.
                        Are you daring to suggest that the root cause isn't the existence of guns? Blasphemy.
                        The Fine folks in the pictures above look like good upstanding citizens , well balanced with access to any mental health they may require.

Not inclined to any violent tendencies, would have gone on with their lives without incident if guns didn't exist.

The lefts solution sounds much much easier than yours. Just ban guns and all of the other societal problems will cease to exist..

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Former Japanese PM shot with shotgun tonight
                          Now the turd will make home made shotguns illegal, thank goodness the former PM wasn’t killed with an AR.

Oh wait a minute, dead is dead it really doesn’t matter what the weapon was.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

I'm hoping all the likes regarding your post were directed to the seriousness of mental health issues so many young people are suffering from.

But, based on postings on my Happy Canada Day thread, I thinking excitement was generated just on you mentioning the USA winning the war of 1812.

Comment

Their mental health has a lot to do with their love affair with guns. That is at the root of their problems.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                                Their mental health has a lot to do with their love affair with guns. That is at the root of their problems.
                                I'm not going to defend guns.
                                But you sir, sound like part of the problem.
                                Over time we have come to no longer accept drunk driving, steel dashes or no seat belts. We have come to expect hard hats and dust masks. Guns fit in the no longer acceptable column in our society. To hell with America even tho, it's a smuggling issue and a pop culture immersion problem for us.
                                The seperate issue of mental health education and societal awareness is today where steel dashes or dust masks were 50 years ago. Hoping that in 50 years they will be understood as well as dust masks in the grain bin are now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.