• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pierre Poilievre

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierre Poilievre

I can't put my finger on this but when he speaks without the uh uh duh like Trudeau it is an easy listen.

This isn't to endorse or criticize him. I don't know if he reading from a prompter or its rehearsed. I don't care , he speaks well in full sentences and understands the subject to be able to speak what seems to be effortlessly.

I think he may make some mistakes along the way and the media will be all over him but somehow I think he will challenge people in media to do better, simply because he may answer a question.

Many don't like him. I liked him on the finance committee , a real attack dog.

I think if he was 50 years old and his kids were older , he would have been named leader already and the rest would have bowed out.

Charest and Brown are working something out in the backrooms to prevent him from being the leader, the rest just want a minister's job when done.

Just my thoughts .

dumphuckled farmer.

No one will be perfect, not even close. But anyone, ANYTHING, including one of my sheep, or even Lorne Calvert, would be better as a pm than the freak of nature we now have. With the exception of Singh.

Can Canada be rescued at this point? Debatable. Far too many idiots, climate culters, revisionist history buffs, and multi gender believers since the big shift left.

But if CBC was banished, at least one misinformation and alt left media source would be eliminated from the brainwashing system. What a loss of 7 years of potential for Canada. It’s sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      No one will be perfect, not even close. But anyone, ANYTHING, including one of my sheep, or even Lorne Calvert, would be better as a pm than the freak of nature we now have. With the exception of Singh.

Can Canada be rescued at this point? Debatable. Far too many idiots, climate culters, revisionist history buffs, and multi gender believers since the big shift left.

But if CBC was banished, at least one misinformation and alt left media source would be eliminated from the brainwashing system. What a loss of 7 years of potential for Canada. It’s sickening.
      No kidding.

Think about the following.

A few years ago Russia and Ukraine were buying wheat from Canada.

Then Canada decided it would be better to rip out the infrastructure that would be envied by the world.

Fast forward a few years and Russia and Ukraine are eating our lunch in ag and energy markets .

Putin is fighting a war wasting money from selling his energy to Europe so technically Europe is paying for Putin's war.

Canada borrowed 600 plus billion when they could have put the money Putin has for a war against the national debt by selling the energy Europe needed. Ours is locked in the ground.

In other words Canada could be debt free without this idiot voted in by the east.

Oh, and lets not forget the continual funding from Canada to Ukraine for them to continue to have our markets.

Comment

bucket > "Charest and Brown are working something out in the backrooms to prevent him from being the leader, the rest just want a minister's job when done."

I agree, but also, I think ndp/Singh and Trudeau are also working on something/someway to roll the ndp into the New Liberal Party of Canada. A "new" Liberal party, far to the left of John Turner, Paul Martin and dare I say Chretien. Those in charge of both parties now, realize they can't split the vote, or their extreme ideas for Canada, will never come to fruition. I believe Trudeau is willing to move from the rightwing of his own party, to the ndp, in order to keep conservative thinking people from holding power.(even middle of the road/conservatives in his own party) The big pots of money, are now held by the far left, and those wanting to display their wokeness.

Comment

Bucket.
          Then Canada decided it would be better to rip out the infrastructure that would be envied by the world.
          Sorry can't pick up what you're laying down.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            Bucket.
            I agree Blackpowder... our infrastructure here is unrivalled anywhere... New Crushing plants... New seed cleaning plants... New 120car continuous load terminals with cleaners and colour sorters... it is truly amazing what has happened since 2012... $17/bu wheat at seeding time... $28/bu Canola... $19/bu peas... all on deposit in our private bank accounts... instead of the CWB pool accounts...

Many Blessings Freedom brings! Happy Canada Day... rolled down my Mini Sept Puts [reset puts lower and pocket the cash] twice today [$1.20 drop/bu] as the market dropped[still own $10puts]... wonderful paper harvest!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Bucket.
              When a country rips out infrastructure like railways when the crop production is increasing and diversifying and puts it on highways and downloads the storage to farmers along with trucks and a shitty highway system...it seems we went backwards.

2013 with good production meant super Bs lined up at terminal which when you analyze it is no different than 3 tons at wooden elevators in the 70s except the highways are phucked and more time on the road .

As an example if the quappelle south district gets built wouldn't one think a 10000 tonne elevator would be usable for all farmers with a little upgrade rather that trucking 30 miles to the same company?
              Last edited by bucket; Jul 1, 2022, 15:51.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.
                And I agree that in the rush to modernize from our long hibernation we perhaps went too far in some areas.
                Our record movement abilities came at the expense of the regionally disparate.
                An outcome that the communist system previously claimed to prevent but at the expense of all.
                A slower look at producer rail co-ops could have been in order.
                Natural market force was detained for so long that when the dam burst it washed too much away.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  When a country rips out infrastructure like railways when the crop production is increasing and diversifying and puts it on highways and downloads the storage to farmers along with trucks and a shitty highway system...it seems we went backwards.

2013 with good production meant super Bs lined up at terminal which when you analyze it is no different than 3 tons at wooden elevators in the 70s except the highways are phucked and more time on the road .

As an example if the quappelle south dudtrict gets built wouldn't one think a 10000 tonne elevator would be usable for all farmers with a little upgrade rather that trucking 30 miles to the same company?
                  Bucket... marketing our grain... is a privilege. Integrity of our produce... honest representitive samples... honest purchasers of our food products... all are 10x more important than the location of delivery.

We delivered a load of grain 280km... and had it sampled... got mis sampled... loaded it back on the truck and brought it back home and put it back in the bin. We had delivery markets 3km from home for that grain. In the end the grain got picked up in the yard a month later for $2/bu more.

3km or 300km... when grain is worth what it is now... transport to point of delivery is a very small matter... yet we do not intentionally put miles on our trucks for nothing. Trucks/capacity to deliver are simply market arbitrage tools to create value... just like buying puts to retain future value of grain being grown. At times I hauled our peas to Foam Lake SK from Edmonton... to create value...

Blessings and Salutations!

Comment

Odd... about the time we started being bombarded with opinion pieces that pierre was dangerous we start also seeing opinion pieces about Trudeau being past his best before date.

Is he dangerous for Canada? Or dangerous for "Trudeau liberals"? Or straight up dangerous for the status quo?

Brown and Charest are safe status quo, tweaking around the edges types. But Pollievere?

Comment

Tom did you just say our infrastructure is world class. That’s sarcasm right?

Have you been to the US it china or Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        Bucket... marketing our grain... is a privilege. Integrity of our produce... honest representitive samples... honest purchasers of our food products... all are 10x more important than the location of delivery.

We delivered a load of grain 280km... and had it sampled... got mis sampled... loaded it back on the truck and brought it back home and put it back in the bin. We had delivery markets 3km from home for that grain. In the end the grain got picked up in the yard a month later for $2/bu more.

3km or 300km... when grain is worth what it is now... transport to point of delivery is a very small matter... yet we do not intentionally put miles on our trucks for nothing. Trucks/capacity to deliver are simply market arbitrage tools to create value... just like buying puts to retain future value of grain being grown. At times I hauled our peas to Foam Lake SK from Edmonton... to create value...

Blessings and Salutations!
                        Could you imagine... a world where grading was non-biased? A world where an elevator managers word was worth its weight? A world where you're treated honorably when you walk into that elevator office door.

Unfortunate that I have to bypass the 30 mile option for the 125+ mile option, but one can still dream... of a change in management!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          Could you imagine... a world where grading was non-biased? A world where an elevator managers word was worth its weight? A world where you're treated honorably when you walk into that elevator office door.

Unfortunate that I have to bypass the 30 mile option for the 125+ mile option, but one can still dream... of a change in management!
                          Yet Helmsdale... the adventure of the journey... is well worth the energy and integrity to seek out honest people and business relationships. If we can, we deal locally... if we are treated fairly... Screw ups happen... we pick up the pieces... forgive... and move on. Being bitter never solved anything... except to shorten peoples lives.

Cheers! Have a great Canada Day... the grumps can't win if we refuse to let them!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Tom did you just say our infrastructure is world class. That’s sarcasm right?

Have you been to the US it china or Europe?
                            Yes Jazz I have delivered grain in the US... in the last 10 years we have many more new grain terminals, colour sorters, cleaners, unit car train loaders, Crushers, mills, food processors... than the northern tier of the US.

I trucked and traveled for decades in the US. It is all an adventure... everyone has interesting advantages and drawbacks. It is all in our heads.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Odd... about the time we started being bombarded with opinion pieces that pierre was dangerous we start also seeing opinion pieces about Trudeau being past his best before date.

Is he dangerous for Canada? Or dangerous for "Trudeau liberals"? Or straight up dangerous for the status quo?

Brown and Charest are safe status quo, tweaking around the edges types. But Pollievere?
                              You raise a very interesting point. You are correct many in the media have went absolutely off their rocker attacking Poilievre but I hadn’t thought about the fact that at the same time they were writing about Trudeau’s downhill slide. So what is the media’s end game? Why are they so afraid of Poilievre? Are they afraid Justin can’t beat Poilievre?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.