• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UCP Leadership panel discussion

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCP Leadership panel discussion

Worth the listen if you live in Alberta. Good format.

And then read this astute, direct letter from Michelle Rempel Garner why she decided against running for ucp leadership. If Conservatives and the UCP refuses to take what she says seriously, it is dooming the party and likely Conservative chances both in Alberta and nationally.

https://michellerempelgarner.substack.com/p/i-just-made-a-big-decision?sd=pf
    Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jun 24, 2022, 15:37.

Comment

I was posting what I thought was useful information. You were posting ??

She's not a candidate. She was Patrick Brown's campaign chair. That's all I need to know.

Comment

The CPC is seeking its 6th leader in the last 7 years (including Harper who was defeated by Trudeau in 2015)

Conservatives in Alberta are seeking their 7th leader 9 years (including Klein who left politics in 2013)

If you do not see a problem here, and all you need to know is who a potential candidate associated with previously, the leadership vacuum and election losses will continue. Rempel Garner tries to address this and CINOs ignore it at their own peril.

I want a real Conservative option, with real Conservative policies, and not a party that cannot even control itself, whose only platform is us good, other guys bad, and then eats their own when they lose. It is attitudes like yours that drove me away from my Conservative roots.
        Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jun 24, 2022, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          The CPC is seeking its 6th leader in the last 7 years (including Harper who was defeated by Trudeau in 2015)

Conservatives in Alberta are seeking their 7th leader 9 years (including Klein who left politics in 2013)

If you do not see a problem here, and all you need to know is who a potential candidate associated with previously, the leadership vacuum and election losses will continue. Rempel Garner tries to address this and CINOs ignore it at their own peril.

I want a real Conservative option, with real Conservative policies, and not a party that cannot even control itself and it is attitudes like yours that drove me away from my Conservative roots.
          Your “conservative roots”? Hahahahahahahaha! Good one! Hahahahahahaha!

Comment

The CPC is seeking its 6th leader in the last 7 years (including Harper who was defeated by Soros in 2015.
            Fixed it for you

Comment

I want a real Conservative option, with real Conservative policies, and not a party that cannot even control itself, whose only platform is us good, other guys bad, and then eats their own when they lose. It is attitudes like yours that drove me away from my Conservative roots.
              Are you looking for a fiscal or social conservative option, or both in one?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Are you looking for a fiscal or social conservative option, or both in one?
                Fiscal! The one thing PET said - the state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation - is one thing I agreed with him on - BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS - so don't give me pedophilia arguments, or forced sex due to employment or power. Canada has **** and assault laws that can be used to protect minors and everyone from non-consexual sex.

In most cases forcing social obedience on the public is wrong and as a FREEDOM supporter you should be first to agree unless you definition of freedom extends only to you and not the freedom of others to make personal choices. Modern society does require specific laws to protect citizens - like driving on the right side of the road. But the current governments - on both sides of the aisles have pushed legislation way past the needs to protect society in implementing their social order goals.
                Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jun 25, 2022, 06:25.

Comment

With the overturning of Roe V Wade the the so called Righties will never unite. A new party will be formed every six months.

You got a small group of Social wingnuts that are anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-gay marriage, anti-physician-assisted death etc etc.

Sitting on the farm wanting to control individuals personal live decisions based on their interpretation of a 2000 year old book.

Comment

Fiscal! The one thing PET said - the state has no place in the bedrooms of the nation - is one thing I agreed with him on - BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS - so don't give me pedophilia arguments, or forced sex due to employment or power. Canada has **** and assault laws that can be used to protect minors and everyone from non-consexual sex.

In most cases forcing social obedience on the public is wrong and as a FREEDOM supporter you should be first to agree unless you definition of freedom extends only to you and not the freedom of others to make personal choices. Modern society does require specific laws to protect citizens - like driving on the right side of the road. But the current governments - on both sides of the aisles have pushed legislation way past the needs to protect society in implementing their social order goals.
                    Very good to hear. We seem to be a very small minority. Certainly far too small to have any political party represent our views.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...