Test Side by sides Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Side by sides

Test
Aug 2, 2022 | 07:23 91 Sunnies doing well by our seeding rate trials in canola

Aug 2, 2022 | 07:50 92

Same field. The podded canola was seeded May 12. The flowering canola was reseeded June 4. Gophers had about an acre chewed right off. Eliminated as many gophers as we could and then reseeded as an experiment. Reply With Quote
Aug 2, 2022 | 07:53 93 Furrow at the start of this thread you had a picture of one crop seeded with a Bourgault, the other with a seedmaster. How do those crops look today? Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Aug 2, 2022 | 09:10 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamloc View Post
    Furrow at the start of this thread you had a picture of one crop seeded with a Bourgault, the other with a seedmaster. How do those crops look today?
    I will get some pictures now that’s it’s maturing

Will try to get head and kernel counts
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 2, 2022 at 09:12.
  • 1 Like

• Aug 14, 2022 | 08:02 95 Soybean plots

Caught an inch of rain and some small hail but look unaffected.

Should fill out and have a chance to finish this year with the warm weather the next 2 weeks Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 14, 2022 | 08:24 96 Not a lot of fields of beans this year, down here. The fields I do see look to be beautiful stands, but now we're coming to crunch time, when they really need the water. Tap been turned off for the last two weeks, yes they root well, but to see the yield that pays big, you need those late summer, early fall rains. Reply With Quote
    Aug 14, 2022 | 08:35 97
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    Not a lot of fields of beans this year, down here. The fields I do see look to be beautiful stands, but now we're coming to crunch time, when they really need the water. Tap been turned off for the last two weeks, yes they root well, but to see the yield that pays big, you need those late summer, early fall rains.
    Very true
    This will be the first time in years where they may actually fill here
    We just do the 20 ac plot now until we get a consistent variety.
    They are around 3.5 to 4 ft tall and podded very well . The 2 early varieties should do very well here without a frost in 14-20 days Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like