• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEFLATION: Comin-in strong

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig barn is ahead of the elevators for wheat price here once again. Canadian tire at 72 bucks for 18.9 litre pail of Mobil 15/40 in latest flyer , hasn’t been that low for awhile so adding some to the stockpile.

Comment

CNH 15-40 $153.40
      10-40 $169.00. 18.93 litre pail.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        CNH 15-40 $153.40
        That is for synthetic I’m assuming?

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
          Pig barn is ahead of the elevators for wheat price here once again. Canadian tire at 72 bucks for 18.9 litre pail of Mobil 15/40 in latest flyer , hasn’t been that low for awhile so adding some to the stockpile.
          Is that on now ?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            CNH 15-40 $153.40
            It’s way better tho ****
            Like the green microwave popcorn lol

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
              That is for synthetic I’m assuming?
              I bet not

Comment

Can anyone take a stab at explaining how a worldwide diesel fuel shortage is deflationary? That is essentially the base of the food chain for every imaginable industry and process and consumer item.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Is that on now ?
                  Yes. I think until Nov. 3.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                    Right-on-the-money . . . Deflation is swirling all around the ag industry, for those that can see it.
                    Errol certainly wheat, canola, yellow peas lower than last year. Feed barley as good or better than last year as are the price of calves so far. I do challenge to show me one input that is more affordable than last, I certainly haven’t found one!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                      Errol certainly wheat, canola, yellow peas lower than last year. Feed barley as good or better than last year as are the price of calves so far. I do challenge to show me one input that is more affordable than last, I certainly haven’t found one!
                      Glyphosate is cheaper now than last year. $10.9

Think it was $12.90 this time last year

Comment

have been using rotella T4 15w40 from walmart for years , usually $69 for 19 liter pail
                        can tire will match price
                        have been out for a while but i see they have it again at $98
                        just hasta wait for oil sale and get it cheaper
                        Co-ops have become high priced convenience stores
                        Case, I use Rotella T4 15w40 as well wait till Black Friday week. Last year I paid $69.99 a pail at Parts Source.

Canadian Tire usually has it on sale at that time. If they do Parts Source (owned by CT) will match the price and in the past if you spend $200.00 -$300.00 (can remember exactly dollars needed to spend to get Gift Card) at Parts Source, they give you a $75.00 Gift Card. You have to get Parts Source to ring up receipts for every $200-$300.00 spent.

Last year I got 5-$75.00 Gift Cards and turn around and bought more oil and filters for pickups.

In order to use a $75.00 Gift Card you have to spend $200.00 - $300.00 at Parts Source.

Parts Source had it last year, not sure if they'll have it this year.

IT's a little extra work and you may not have a Parts Source near you, but in my case I love wheeling and dealing and saving money off the big retailers.

Just trying to save a fellow farmer a few bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Case, I use Rotella T4 15w40 as well wait till Black Friday week. Last year I paid $69.99 a pail at Parts Source.

Canadian Tire usually has it on sale at that time. If they do Parts Source (owned by CT) will match the price and in the past if you spend $200.00 -$300.00 (can remember exactly dollars needed to spend to get Gift Card) at Parts Source, they give you a $75.00 Gift Card. You have to get Parts Source to ring up receipts for every $200-$300.00 spent.

Last year I got 5-$75.00 Gift Cards and turn around and bought more oil and filters for pickups.

In order to use a $75.00 Gift Card you have to spend $200.00 - $300.00 at Parts Source.

Parts Source had it last year, not sure if they'll have it this year.

IT's a little extra work and you may not have a Parts Source near you, but in my case I love wheeling and dealing and saving money off the big retailers.

Just trying to save a fellow farmer a few bucks!
                          thanks good info, couldn't find any rotella in Sask last two years , showing up now tho
                          i bought 8 pails at parts source in saskatoon about 3 years go for $69
                          no mention of gift cards
                          didn't know canadian tire owned them

Comment

thanks good info, couldn't find any rotella in Sask last two years , showing up now tho
                            i bought 8 pails at parts source in saskatoon about 3 years go for $69
                            no mention of gift cards
                            didn't know canadian tire owned them
                            Thanks everyone for info on oil prices , this will save us thousands going forward

Comment

Last fall when 15W40 was not available anywhere, I got a thousand liter tote from co-op. It was enough cheaper than buckets (if they were available) that it will take me two years to pay for the pump and meter etc.
                              I'm basing that off two years to use up a thousand liters.
                              And not having to deal with dirty funnels and contaminated bucket lids, and a mess and guessing how much oil you've poured.
                              And the way the price of oil has gone since then, they pay back will be much faster.
                              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Nov 2, 2022, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                Last fall when 15W40 was not available anywhere, I got a thousand liter tote from co-op. It was enough cheaper than buckets (if they were available) that it will take me two years to pay for the pump and meter etc.
                                I'm basing that off two years to use up a thousand liters.
                                And not having to deal with dirty funnels and contaminated bucket lids, and a mess and guessing how much oil you've poured.
                                And the way the price of oil has gone since then, they pay back will be much faster.
                                Is there any condensation issues with a big oil tote and taking a long time to use it up or separation issues with ingredients in the oil? I only have cold storage and found that the steel 205 liter drums were getting moisture inside them and I went back to pails.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...