• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invigor 345 issues 2022

We have both Invigor 340 and 345 in this spring the 340 came up well and is looking good , the 345 is horrible. we have a side by side same day seeded at recommended rates in the same field that supports this . Are others seeing this ?

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
    We have both Invigor 340 and 345 in this spring the 340 came up well and is looking good , the 345 is horrible. we have a side by side same day seeded at recommended rates in the same field that supports this . Are others seeing this ?
    Not much help. I grew Invigor 345 with Prosper, Canterra CS4000 with fortenza advanced and Pioneer 506 and 509 with Lumiderm. Pioneer 506 and 509 look the best. 345 on barley stubble a close second, 345 on pea stubble require spraying for flea beetles, looks good now. Canterra is certainly the slowest. One field required spraying for flea beetles, the other field is doing better with no spray. Both on CPS stubble. Any trash issues and germ is slow and beetles having a blast. This rain is certainly helping now.

Comment

Local dealer says some invigor is very poor germ..

Comment

wished they all grew like pioneer P508CL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarms View Post
          We grew 345 two years ago and it was dog back then compared to 340 and 255. Pencil sized stalks that fell over and diseased up. Might work better south of Saskatchewan highway 16 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Not much help. I grew Invigor 345 with Prosper, Canterra CS4000 with fortenza advanced and Pioneer 506 and 509 with Lumiderm. Pioneer 506 and 509 look the best. 345 on barley stubble a close second, 345 on pea stubble require spraying for flea beetles, looks good now. Canterra is certainly the slowest. One field required spraying for flea beetles, the other field is doing better with no spray. Both on CPS stubble. Any trash issues and germ is slow and beetles having a blast. This rain is certainly helping now.
            Ya our 345 is crap. Don’t worry we are sending in some seed to 2 different seed lab. Will check germ and vigor. Probably half old blended seed. Junk.
            I have never sprayed a field with helix on it for beetles but have had to spray proper every year. Should tell you something
            Sound like the Invigor canola is planning for a price increase next year. That’s good because if it has anything on other then helix or buteo o won’t buy it.
            They can stick it you know where.
            I really hope someone real smart with a plan can implement a boycott of Basf Invigor canola. They need a wake up call. How else can you hire loads of AG grads and give them a company cell a company vehicle an expense account and pay them more then the producer makes and he has millions in the game. Houston we have a problem. That seed is prices completely out of control. I hope they go through some tough times. Would love to see a boycot. That would smarten them up.
            I am almost to the point where I would like to remove canola completely from my farm. Way to much risk. Way way to exspensive. And way to tricky to get perfect emergence

Comment

yea this BASF liberty grab/gouge is the last straw

Comment

Need to ask urself, does anyone have vigor results on their seed lot they seeded?….

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                  Need to ask urself, does anyone have vigor results on their seed lot they seeded?….
                  I would bet the companies all have vigor test. I don’t believe certified canola needs it but how the hell can you charge 800 a bushels if it can’t get out of the ground. Isn’t that why we that much for it. It should be good. Poor quality will kill seed sales real quick. No company would or should sell low vigor seed. Or would they.

Comment

Same issues with my 357 and 356. Horrible germ, with just weak sick plants coming out of the ground. Got decimated by flea beetles. It seems to be growing out of it a bit, but at least a week to 10 days behind the DeKalb in the same field.

We all knew BASF was going to **** up invigour and everything involved with it. Just thought it would take longer than 2-3 years. I've seeded 95% of my canola acres exclusively to invigour since it came out. In all my trials over the past 3 years DeKalb canola has been every bit as good, so I think it's time for a switch.
                    Last edited by JoeyJeremiah; Jun 19, 2022, 00:59.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
                      Same issues with my 357 and 356. Horrible germ, with just weak sick plants coming out of the ground. Got decimated by flea beetles. It seems to be growing out of it a bit, but at least a week to 10 days behind the DeKalb in the same field.

We all new BASF was going to **** up invigour and everything involved with it. Just thought it would take longer than 2-3 years. I've seeded 95% of my canola acres exclusively to invigour since it came out. In all my trials over the past 3 years DeKalb canola has been every bit as good, so I think it's time for a switch.
                      Interesting you mention Dekalb. Neighbour is a big Dekalb user, his canola looks quite good, all has Buteo start on it. Talked to my dealer, his 2 field scouts finding Buteo start outperforming Lumiderm this year in the dry conditions. We seeded a couple hundred acres of Pioneer RR canola for a neighbour, it looks really good. It was seeded right after a rain, was treated with Lumiderm, timing sometimes matters more than anything else. Tkw was all quite high this year, ranged from 5.4 up to 7 if memory serves me correctly. The Pioneer 506 had only an 85% germ so they gave me extra bags but still has the best stand.

Getting back to 345, another neighbour did a canola trial last year, with 10 varieties in strip trials. 345 and CS4000 were the top 2, I can’t remember which was first, 506 I think was 3rd. All were straight cut and weighed. I liked the look of the 340 but it was in the middle somewhere, as was the 255.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyguy View Post
                        Ya our 345 is crap. Don’t worry we are sending in some seed to 2 different seed lab. Will check germ and vigor. Probably half old blended seed. Junk.
                        I have never sprayed a field with helix on it for beetles but have had to spray proper every year. Should tell you something
                        Sound like the Invigor canola is planning for a price increase next year. That’s good because if it has anything on other then helix or buteo o won’t buy it.
                        They can stick it you know where.
                        I really hope someone real smart with a plan can implement a boycott of Basf Invigor canola. They need a wake up call. How else can you hire loads of AG grads and give them a company cell a company vehicle an expense account and pay them more then the producer makes and he has millions in the game. Houston we have a problem. That seed is prices completely out of control. I hope they go through some tough times. Would love to see a boycot. That would smarten them up.
                        I am almost to the point where I would like to remove canola completely from my farm. Way to much risk. Way way to exspensive. And way to tricky to get perfect emergence
                        Planted less canola than usual. All rr variety that is last year I can get it. BASF sounds like they f’d invigour but Dekalb and their tf varieties I’m not convinced they’re quite ready neither. I don’t know how much longer before any canola is really worth growing. Especially in areas where yield is so variable year to year. Some years I can easily hit the 50’s but a lot of years it ranges well south of that. My general area is usually close to 50% canola but this year it is not. People are lengthening out rotations which is great because the crop is not the Cinderella like it was.

Comment

This is a widespread problem, if you have issues - make a claim. I have 2 different varieties, one no problem, one has been in distress since seeding. The one shows heavy fungicide/insecticide halo on the cots, taking along time to push out the first leaf. It appears like it may have been frost, but its not. I think it is a week to 10 days behind. Some years no problem, this year watch out! I believe this could be a LOT specific problem, not necessarily a variety problem.

Comment

This is a clear example of over development of these varieties. Trying to goose certain characteristics is causing problems in other traits.

They hit the high water mark with 140 and 233. Should have stopped there.

Comment

In our area 5540 was the best for us, L340 is also looking good of the present varieties.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.