Commodity Marketing

Tools

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Test
Jul 2, 2022 | 11:16 61 P505MSL

Planted at 210,000 seeds / ac
Took one of the 3 frosts but grew right through
Never had to spray for beetles
Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 2, 2022 at 16:46.

• jazz's Avatar Jul 2, 2022 | 12:18 62 Invigour 233P seeded May 22nd if you can believe it.

Dont know if it was a seed batch problem or we seeded too shallow and the winds dried the and crusted the top layer until we got a rain.

Later seeded stuff looks better for most guys.

Name:  IMG_0221.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  98.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0222.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  97.7 KB Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 13:17 63
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Absolutely they should pick up the cost without a doubt . It can be done for less than $10 / ac
    I know it was brought up but quickly ignored, “give it time “ is the fall back . Time is too critical to wait , this is not Kansas with 150 frost free days ….
    Yep they weren’t going to sit around and wait with what’s on the line. Can throw some basic alpine at it which would be cheapest, I think they went with something called Jolt. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 2, 2022 | 15:45 64 The ulitmate, farmer jury will decide at harvest, when its in the bin. Cant argue or ignore those results. Could be devastating for invigor or out vigor. Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 16:46 65 Leafs on the P505MSL
  • 2 Likes

• blackpowder's Avatar Jul 4, 2022 | 17:53 66 Just saw a neighbor's field of 345.
    From the road it's mostly bare yet.
    No excuse for seed issues like that is there? Reply With Quote
    blackpowder's Avatar Jul 4, 2022 | 17:59 67
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarms View Post

Earlier today while we were spraying for Bugs for the 3rd time in an effort to give it what little chance it has 340 and 345 side by side same everything. We took out a 245 acre field that was worse and put it in barley 10 days ago . Probably should have done the same here. Absolutely heartsick I take such pride in my crops and to have BASF do this to us is devastating. Not a call or email since my son met with their tech rep. All she said was yes there's a problem. Next step is probably our lawyers it looks like. Huge problem not isolated like they claim I know 3 people 100 miles apart exactly the same variety exactly the same problem.
    Let us know how you make out with the company. Reply With Quote
    Jul 4, 2022 | 18:26 68
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Invigour 233P seeded May 22nd if you can believe it.

Dont know if it was a seed batch problem or we seeded too shallow and the winds dried the and crusted the top layer until we got a rain.

Later seeded stuff looks better for most guys.

Name:  IMG_0221.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  98.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0222.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  97.7 KB
    Lots of last years straw on top, huge difference between this one and black fields this spring. We have some fields that we didn’t heavy harrow and some we did had a huge difference between them. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 4, 2022 | 21:00 69 Yes we saw the same
    Juiced and harrowed fields way better
    Harrowed fields way better than not Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes

• Jul 5, 2022 | 22:27 70
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    Yes we saw the same
    Juiced and harrowed fields way better
    Harrowed fields way better than not
    Same here .

Harrowed once this spring then planted at 210,000 seeds per acre

Anything not harrowed was streaky a bit Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• biglentil's Avatar Jul 5, 2022 | 22:34 71 What seed size Jazz? Have 233p size D in the same field as 340 seed size B. Can't tell em apart. Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Jul 5, 2022 | 22:49 72
    Quote Originally Posted by biglentil View Post
    What seed size Jazz? Have 233p size D in the same field as 340 seed size B. Can't tell em apart.
    Size A and B. Never been close to getting a D yet so dont know if it would be better or not. Would like to try.

The straw in the pic is from 2 yrs ago, that field was in lentils last yr. Harrowed field was much worse than into lentil stubble but its shaped up a bit this week and coming around with some much needed rain.

Just noticing slow growth compared to last yr and it cant all be my fault. Reply With Quote
    Jul 6, 2022 | 13:10 73 Hopefully farmers dont forget the retailers that tried to force seed sales to protect liberty herbicide sales , this tactic seems to have backfired and only the farmers will lose Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Jul 6, 2022 | 13:28 74 the thing that is really gonna bite the big guy in the ass ,is that 1000's of farmers, including us , found out the story that generic liberty doesn't work is pure bull shit.
    as a side note we paid for our (BASF) liberty in feb , to date we have only received 40% of it . everyone had liberty except the big one Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 2, 2022 | 17:45 75 What ever happened to all those crappy fields of 345???

Filled in, gonna make something??

Sprayed out, and replanted??

Worked down for green manure??

Chemfallowed for next year??

Pastured??

How about an update,,,

Settlement with seed co.? Reply With Quote
    Aug 2, 2022 | 21:18 76 On our place
    One field taken out and changed over to barley as I was worried we might run late with the invigor if reseeded that late at that location, one field left alone as we hoped we had enough plant population, it is trying but will be thin in spots, will likely be 10-15 maybe 20 bushels less than the fields of 340 that emerged better . One other field we did an experiment were we assessed plant population and variable rated more seed in at a 3.5 mph very shallow about 2 inches to the side into very moist nice conditions with about 750 on the packer pressure but 340 not 345 . quite interesting to see how little of the emerged seedling canola beside it we hurt. 3/4 inch knives mid rows locked up. Will be late but we will see.

Very little response ( ok none) from BASF I tracked down the rep and he claimed another rep had been assigned the file and had been out to see it but has he?
    He said no question there was an issue but they are struggling to figure it out as it was many different varieties, but didn't argue when I asked if we would never hear the name Vercoras again. He started down the flea beetle road but I told him how proactive we had been and how lumiderm was also on many of the acres. He wasn't going to win that one.

I think they are sitting back hoping that the crops will recover enough from the impacts of the vigor problems and they can skate.
    Would not want to be a BASF rep at Agritrade in Nov. if they don't step up and show some ownership but whether they will is another question. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 2, 2022 | 21:22 77
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverdam View Post
    What ever happened to all those crappy fields of 345???

Filled in, gonna make something??

Sprayed out, and replanted??

Worked down for green manure??

Chemfallowed for next year??

Pastured??

How about an update,,,

Settlement with seed co.?
    BASF rep reached out today. Head office doing a press release / announcement this week. No elaboration from head office to rep what is in said announcement. 🤨 Our 343Pc struggled badly with slow patchy emergence, flea beetle carnage , and stage stall. It’s trying to fill in and pod up now, but I can’t think it will bust 30 bu per acre. 50 bu pretty normal here. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 4, 2022 | 00:04 78 I heard an interesting rumour today that AFSC was considering what to do if producers are in a claim position on canola and Basf becomes the common thread. Could keep lawyers busy on both sides. Lots of unhappy farmers. Lots of canola crops that appeared to stand still for weeks. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• ajl
    Aug 4, 2022 | 15:18 79 Most larger farmers have a good field of another variety to average out and will be just above a claim position. BTO neighbor, who usually has fairly good crops has crappy canola across the road from me. Up the road 2 miles, they have canola that looks quite good so AFSC does not have to worry too much. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 4, 2022 | 23:01 80 Crop insurance should have no worries about canola yields this year unless Jack Frost makes a early appearance. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like

• Aug 5, 2022 | 15:56 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Wink73 View Post
    BASF rep reached out today. Head office doing a press release / announcement this week. No elaboration from head office to rep what is in said announcement. 🤨 Our 343Pc struggled badly with slow patchy emergence, flea beetle carnage , and stage stall. It’s trying to fill in and pod up now, but I can’t think it will bust 30 bu per acre. 50 bu pretty normal here.
    Seems their press release information is about as dependable as their seed. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like