Test Invigor 345 issues 2022 Test

Commodity Marketing

Tools

Invigor 345 issues 2022

Test
Jun 27, 2022 | 08:58 31 Poplar fluff normally flies on fathers day, its just starting to get going now, ( The Fluff Report 😊) which is 7 to 10 days later than normal.

I dont have a early frost predictor, but its been a long time since a earlier than normal killing frost occurred. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 27, 2022 | 21:52 32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rareearth View Post
    Poplar fluff normally flies on fathers day, its just starting to get going now, ( The Fluff Report 😊) which is 7 to 10 days later than normal.

    I dont have a early frost predictor, but its been a long time since a earlier than normal killing frost occurred.
    Ya but our growing season is at least 3-4 weeks longer , dem experts says so
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 28, 2022 at 04:27.
    Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 27, 2022 | 22:43 33 Name:  87D04E73-E769-4249-8E95-82A6C5B7EC92.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  20.0 KB Pioneer P501L
    Name:  DB629990-7297-4CA4-AAD5-1BB2DAD6575C.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  19.9 KB BASF L340P
    Seeded same day
    All things equal Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 27, 2022 | 22:45 34 Name:  7B40E7E9-7667-4AFB-85DA-BEC9501D5945.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  12.3 KBonly in Saskatchewan [ATTACH]10695[/ATTACH! Reply With Quote

  • Jun 29, 2022 | 11:53 35 From real agriculture.com



    BASF says it expects to know more within a couple weeks on why certain InVigor canola hybrids in Western Canada have appeared to stall in their development after emerging from the ground.

    The company issued a statement late last week acknowledging it was aware of a performance issue with some InVigor varieties.

    In most of the affected fields, the rate of crop emergence has not been the main problem, explains Brent Collins, head of seeds and traits for BASF in Canada, discussing the issue with RealAgriculture in the interview below.

    “It’s been more the establishment. The cotyledons come out, the first and second leaves come out, and then the plants are not going on to the next phase like we normally would expect it to be,” he says.

    BASF has established a dedicated team to collect data on what the affected fields may have in common.

    While questions have been raised on social media about a new seed treatment used on a portion of InVigor canola this year, the company has not been able to point to or rule out any contributing factors at this point, says Collins.

    “We’re certainly still in the stage where we’re collating — environmental conditions, seed, seed treatment, all the parameters you would think would need to be evaluated, and we’re still a ways off from being able to pinpoint whether it’s one contributor or perhaps a few variables involved,” he says.

    The problem is not limited to one InVigor variety, he says. And geographically, it’s showing up in “very select pockets” across Western Canada. “We’re not talking a lot of acres, but when the acres are affected, obviously our growers and partners are having concerns,” he says, noting they’re optimistic the affected canola will outgrow the issue.

    While InVigor varieties account for the majority of canola acres in Western Canada, Collins says he’s not able to comment on whether seed from other companies is experiencing the same challenges.

    He encourages growers who think they have a problem with an InVigor variety to call BASF’s customer line at 1-877-371-2273.

    “I’m hopeful that in a couple of weeks we’ll have some pretty clear trends that we’ll be able to put together,” says Collins.

    Check out the interview below for from BASF’s Brent Collins on the issues observed with some canola in 2022: Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Jun 29, 2022 | 13:19 36
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarms View Post
    From real agriculture.com
    Did they say which varieties were affected. man these guys really screwed the pooch this year. Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2022 | 13:53 37
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarms View Post
    From real agriculture.com



    BASF says it expects to know more within a couple weeks on why certain InVigor canola hybrids in Western Canada have appeared to stall in their development after emerging from the ground.

    The company issued a statement late last week acknowledging it was aware of a performance issue with some InVigor varieties.

    In most of the affected fields, the rate of crop emergence has not been the main problem, explains Brent Collins, head of seeds and traits for BASF in Canada, discussing the issue with RealAgriculture in the interview below.

    “It’s been more the establishment. The cotyledons come out, the first and second leaves come out, and then the plants are not going on to the next phase like we normally would expect it to be,” he says.

    BASF has established a dedicated team to collect data on what the affected fields may have in common.

    While questions have been raised on social media about a new seed treatment used on a portion of InVigor canola this year, the company has not been able to point to or rule out any contributing factors at this point, says Collins.

    “We’re certainly still in the stage where we’re collating — environmental conditions, seed, seed treatment, all the parameters you would think would need to be evaluated, and we’re still a ways off from being able to pinpoint whether it’s one contributor or perhaps a few variables involved,” he says.

    The problem is not limited to one InVigor variety, he says. And geographically, it’s showing up in “very select pockets” across Western Canada. “We’re not talking a lot of acres, but when the acres are affected, obviously our growers and partners are having concerns,” he says, noting they’re optimistic the affected canola will outgrow the issue.

    While InVigor varieties account for the majority of canola acres in Western Canada, Collins says he’s not able to comment on whether seed from other companies is experiencing the same challenges.

    He encourages growers who think they have a problem with an InVigor variety to call BASF’s customer line at 1-877-371-2273.

    “I’m hopeful that in a couple of weeks we’ll have some pretty clear trends that we’ll be able to put together,” says Collins.

    Check out the interview below for from BASF’s Brent Collins on the issues observed with some canola in 2022:
    I call bs on him blaming it on environmental. Perhaps it’s making these problems more apparent but there’s been some decent conditions around here and guys with invigour are complaining about their stands. Beatle pressure isn’t bad, frost hasn’t been an issue, and enough rain came in time to get everything going. Only problems I see is some seeded a bit deeper on account of last year and rains pushed it deeper and it crusted. Could’ve thrown it over your shoulder and she’d grow. BASF better get their act together. Bayer had the L150 mess years ago but seemed to fix it. Dekalb had the Truflex mess and lost sales but did the 4 for 3 sale to regain customers. I wonder if BASF gets the hint or shits in their own nest and let customers move onto other brands. Reply With Quote
    Jun 29, 2022 | 22:49 38 yes, so many big fellas forget "not to shit where they eat"
    think they are untouchable
    this liberty hoax is a perfect example
    everyone has liberty for sale ,except the big fella Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2022 | 15:43 39 Name:  8A4B3A9B-DDF4-437D-B9DE-71DFC24D0720.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  11.1 KB Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2022 | 16:18 40

    Earlier today while we were spraying for Bugs for the 3rd time in an effort to give it what little chance it has 340 and 345 side by side same everything. We took out a 245 acre field that was worse and put it in barley 10 days ago . Probably should have done the same here. Absolutely heartsick I take such pride in my crops and to have BASF do this to us is devastating. Not a call or email since my son met with their tech rep. All she said was yes there's a problem. Next step is probably our lawyers it looks like. Huge problem not isolated like they claim I know 3 people 100 miles apart exactly the same variety exactly the same problem.
    Last edited by mcfarms; Jun 30, 2022 at 16:28.
    Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2022 | 16:46 41 Jeez , that is disheartening
    Feel for you , a guy does everything right only to be kicked in n the nuts by the big fella
    We had some (not basf) last year that turned out to be 5% germ
    How the *** does that happen ? Reply With Quote

  • Jun 30, 2022 | 17:15 42 That just sucks. For what we pay for seed you’d think they’d back you up but it’s becoming apparent they’re no better than a common csucker. Bite the hand that feeds. BASF will be getting out of canola seed business before they eat crow and come good. It’s a shame but some’s pride is more important. Sad when the chemical you breed the seed to be resistant to is sketchy as to its efficacy and you have to add a group 1 grass killer to finish the job, and they expect the same price as roundup ready canola seed. Even clearfield canola is as bad for cost and subpar chemical. Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jun 30, 2022 | 17:45 43 If you have a claim and take it out of production they are off the hook for yield loss…. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2022 | 18:30 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Herc View Post
    If you have a claim and take it out of production they are off the hook for yield loss….
    Thanks they didn't tell us that but a friend in the industry had told us that.
    I've never had anything like this happen in decades of farming and I frankly have no idea if BASF will own this or not. I do know I couldn't look at as many acres of that crap as I've got all summer and the field we pulled needs organic matter on it after peas 2 years ago and last year's drought. Reply With Quote
    Jun 30, 2022 | 19:37 45 Hello, is Tony available? Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • jazz's Avatar Jun 30, 2022 | 20:19 46
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarms View Post
    Thanks they didn't tell us that but a friend in the industry had told us that.
    I've never had anything like this happen in decades of farming and I frankly have no idea if BASF will own this or not. I do know I couldn't look at as many acres of that crap as I've got all summer and the field we pulled needs organic matter on it after peas 2 years ago and last year's drought.
    There was big problems with that 340 and 345 starting already last year. One variety had high green count on our neighbors land and it was harvested dead last waiting for it to cure. The other variety apparently didnt make 20 bu when the 233s and 357s were making 50bu.

    So they put it right back on the market. Figures. Reply With Quote
    Partners's Avatar Jun 30, 2022 | 21:31 47

    99sc looking fine to.. Reply With Quote

  • Jun 30, 2022 | 22:02 48 This really sucks! For the money we pay for that crap seed its sickening that it won't grow.

    Used to be we would pay a $1.00 per lb. or $55.00 for a treated 25kg bag and that cheap seed would jump out of the ground in 3-4 days and grow. Hardly ever sprayed flea beetles back then neither.

    Canola has turned into one big scam! Reply With Quote
  • 1 Like


  • Jul 1, 2022 | 12:09 49 It’s your money , there are lots of good options to Invigour out there , send them a message next year when your buy your seed ….. and chem Reply With Quote
  • 2 Likes


  • Jul 1, 2022 | 12:20 50
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    It’s your money , there are lots of good options to Invigour out there , send them a message next year when your buy your seed ….. and chem
    100% agree however that doesn't help or cover a guy for this yr's eventual hit he will take. And the free hat won't cut it.

    FYI I don't grow invigor but still doesn't sit right. Reply With Quote
    Jul 1, 2022 | 12:30 51
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    It’s your money , there are lots of good options to Invigour out there , send them a message next year when your buy your seed ….. and chem
    Only problem is if you grow Pioneer or Dekalb
    It will really make the unvigour look bad Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Jul 1, 2022 | 17:26 52
    Quote Originally Posted by caseih View Post
    Only problem is if you grow Pioneer or Dekalb
    It will really make the unvigour look bad
    Well spraying out volunteer canola in the durum today says to me their pod shatter isnt all its cracked up to be. Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 08:06 53 Neighbour has some pretty slow looking Invigour. They hit it with $30/acre of a foliar phos to try and get it going. I thought they were crazy but seems to be working compared to the fields they left alone Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 08:56 54
    Quote Originally Posted by JankoFarms View Post
    Neighbour has some pretty slow looking Invigour. They hit it with $30/acre of a foliar phos to try and get it going. I thought they were crazy but seems to be working compared to the fields they left alone
    That should have been the recommendation right away from BASF or any other seed company that has sluggish varieties out there . Should have been done within the last 10 days . This issue has been acknowledged for a while , but they leave it too long and hope that it just goes away
    That should have been the very minimum they should have done . A shot of foliar phos is exactly what’s needed to drive the root system and get plant sugars going asap Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 09:12 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Partners View Post


    99sc looking fine to..
    . And this is a field of our 340 1 mile away on lower ground it's the 345 variety not us that I know same fertility same everything as that crap 345. Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 09:14 56
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    That should have been the recommendation right away from BASF or any other seed company that has sluggish varieties out there . Should have been done within the last 10 days . This issue has been acknowledged for a while , but they leave it too long and hope that it just goes away
    That should have been the very minimum they should have done . A shot of foliar phos is exactly what’s needed to drive the root system and get plant sugars going asap
    But who picks up that cost? If the side by side pictures show a problem and it's a seed issue, shouldn't BASF pick up the costs of getting their crop technology to work?

    Imagine buying a new piece of equipment and you had to pay every time you had an issue the first year.

    Canola seed is new every year and for the price it should come with some support.

    I could understand fields 20 miles apart but side by side shows a problem. Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 09:27 57
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    But who picks up that cost? If the side by side pictures show a problem and it's a seed issue, shouldn't BASF pick up the costs of getting their crop technology to work?

    Imagine buying a new piece of equipment and you had to pay every time you had an issue the first year.

    Canola seed is new every year and for the price it should come with some support.

    I could understand fields 20 miles apart but side by side shows a problem.
    Absolutely they should pick up the cost without a doubt . It can be done for less than $10 / ac
    I know it was brought up but quickly ignored, “give it time “ is the fall back . Time is too critical to wait , this is not Kansas with 150 frost free days …. Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 09:40 58
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    But who picks up that cost? If the side by side pictures show a problem and it's a seed issue, shouldn't BASF pick up the costs of getting their crop technology to work?

    Imagine buying a new piece of equipment and you had to pay every time you had an issue the first year.

    Canola seed is new every year and for the price it should come with some support.

    I could understand fields 20 miles apart but side by side shows a problem.
    So far the support has been in the form of a tech rep standing in the field and agreeing there was a problem not having a clue to what caused the problem is waiting a week and reporting the issue formally to the call center and from then on complete silence. Reply With Quote
    Jul 2, 2022 | 09:42 59
    Quote Originally Posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Absolutely they should pick up the cost without a doubt . It can be done for less than $10 / ac
    I know it was brought up but quickly ignored, “give it time “ is the fall back . Time is too critical to wait , this is not Kansas with 150 frost free days ….
    Phuck sakes , I hear that from chemical reps all the time , wait 10 days, don't have 10 days, and when told their product didn't work they are ghosts. Reply With Quote
    jazz's Avatar Jul 2, 2022 | 09:47 60
    Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    Phuck sakes , I hear that from chemical reps all the time , wait 10 days, don't have 10 days, and when told their product didn't work they are ghosts.
    The clock is ticking on the season.

    Ours has turned the corner now, but probably lost a week of normal growth. I could hit it with foliar something I suppose to give it a kick. Just wondering if its worth throwing more money at it.

    Is the coolish season a factor. Most mornings are under 10deg here for the month and not many days over about 23 deg. Reply With Quote